LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 230 users in the forums

Mel Kipers initial draft grade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I know that we didn't get much of them last season, typically because we had Rogers and Nmandi in our slot... But you remember when we used to get coverage sacks?
We can bulk up all the D-line we want, won't help if we are going against mobile QB's when we have average CB's covering their speedy WR.
Us drafting Jimmie Ward helps out our D-line more than people realize, both our D-line and secondary feed off of each other and if one is slacking, it doesn't matter how good the other is.
Don't forget, we are still a run-first team and we proved it.
You should watch the Stanford-Oregon game and tell me that the run game is still over-rated. Seriously, pick any game over the past 3 years and come back and say football is changing to a passing game.
If that is the case, we are set.

Ive been sayimg this for a minute now, if football really is becoming more of a passing game/league as long as lattimore hyde work out the way that we hope we will be geared to win for a while because defenses are geared more towards stopping the pass then the run. There is a reason us and the oklahoma city seahawks are the best two teams in the league by far.

Hey now!
We make no claim on those douchebags.
Lots of interesting thoughts. I will respond soon, its moms day and other stuff is happening. Good points being made to think about.
I didn't care what the pundits graded us for the past 10 years, why would I care now?

We'll see in a couple of years how we did. Everything seems good, but who knows... Statistically, I love what we did with so many picks on a deep draft. I still would have liked to have picked up Moncrief or Latimer...but then I was on the Hill bandwagon too and we can see how that worked out.
Lol now everyone gives a s**t what this guy thinks.
Originally posted by NinerGod:

Thisx1000

1 good draft grade does not make up years of this dude being an idiot
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I didn't care what the pundits graded us for the past 10 years, why would I care now?

We'll see in a couple of years how we did. Everything seems good, but who knows... Statistically, I love what we did with so many picks on a deep draft. I still would have liked to have picked up Moncrief or Latimer...but then I was on the Hill bandwagon too and we can see how that worked out.

You gotta be happy though Jake, this is the first positive press we've had in months!
Shayne Skov!! Good pick up. Dude works very hard and has instincts.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Hey now!
We make no claim on those douchebags.

Sorry didnt mean to offend............. also didnt realize oklahomans know how to use computers
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by NinerGod:

Thisx1000

1 good draft grade does not make up years of this dude being an idiot

he's not an idiot, just because you don't like him or agree with him doesn't make him an idiot. he's pretty well respected and has been doing this for years.
Share 49ersWebzone