Official: 2014 49ers schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Wow! Thats a tough schedule. Good to see us playing Dallas and Oakland like the good ol' days, hope they stomp on them.

Its not that tough. Last year was worse. Look how little we travel.

4th hardest schedule this year.

I think last year we had the 3rd hardest (for what it's worth)

9th

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137115/article/teambyteam-strength-of-schedule-for-2013

I stand corrected

9th based on the 2012 season, but based on the final 2013 records it was only 17th.

http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2014/1/26/5343676/saints-year-in-review-nfl-2013-strength-of-schedule-seahawks-broncos

Expect a similar drop this year, as every year many crappy teams turn good, and good teams turn crappy (except the niners of course).
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Apr 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM ]
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/tag/_/name/2014-nfl-schedule-analysis

Easier road slate: No NFL team traveled as much as the 49ers did in 2013. They traveled about 33,000 miles in the regular season, including a trip to London. Then, they logged about another 9,000 in three road playoff games. The 49ers played five of their final six games on the road. The road slate eases in 2014. The 49ers will travel about 19,000 miles. Their only game on the East Coast is at the Giants. The 49ers handled their heavy road schedule well last year, but are likely looking forward to easier road work this season.

This is one of the bigger reasons I was so proud we made it as far as we did last season, just astonishing, teams put in that position usually suffer mass-injury, and they don't get far through the playoffs. We fought through f**king Lambeau, Carolina, and was a play away from winning in the most hostile stadium in NFL history.

49ers won't take anything for granted, they will plow just as if anything, and last year will have been worth it in the end, the strife.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Apr 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM ]
Is it safe to assume we'll have Buck and Aikman call our season opener for the third year in a row?

I'm not a fan of Buck, but it does feel awesome when we're the A-game for that week.
Why do the Colts get an easy schedule it seems like every year? They should just demote the Jags to college football or something like they do in European soccer leagues. Call up Florida State and Alabama from college football. They are already paying their players anyways, lets just make it official.
[ Edited by KapToBoldin on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM ]
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Is it safe to assume we'll have Buck and Aikman call our season opener for the third year in a row?

I'm not a fan of Buck, but it does feel awesome when we're the A-game for that week.

Aikman &Buck and a Cowboys game. "So Troy, tell us, how was it to beat the Niners back in the day twice in a row in the NFCCG"?
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Apr 24, 2014 at 2:35 AM ]
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

I think Dick Stockton is the best out of the FOX crew
Hopefully no flight to England this year!
We could do well with this schedule, but it's not as easy as last year.

Texans, Titans, and jags were insta-wins for us. No AFC south this year. We need to show the league that we have a B game on offense, at least, or we will be fighting to be #2 again like last year. Arizona could be a spoiler, if they have a great draft.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
We could do well with this schedule, but it's not as easy as last year.

Texans, Titans, and jags were insta-wins for us. No AFC south this year. We need to show the league that we have a B game on offense, at least, or we will be fighting to be #2 again like last year. Arizona could be a spoiler, if they have a great draft.

We will have a better draft than them with the draft ammo we have. They also need to get better at QB!
I actually think this schedule is easier than last seasons. Week 8 bye isn't bad. Not that much traveling I predict to be 8-0 by the Saints game. I've said this in years past but I honestly think we get to 12-2 this season. The Seabuzzards have it much tougher than us. That week 4 bye plus the travel could prove costly, and the Packs week one and Broncos week 3 is gonna be pretty tough for them - GOOD!

Man that's a brutal schedule boys... Especially if aldon is suspended for a good chunk...ouch..& why the hell are we back in NO again?? WTF isn't that like 3 yrs in a row
Originally posted by wailers15:
Man that's a brutal schedule boys... Especially if aldon is suspended for a good chunk...ouch..& why the hell are we back in NO again?? WTF isn't that like 3 yrs in a row
Why do you guys think Aldon will be suspended? He hasn't been charged for the airport incident and I don't think he will be charged. He took a voluntary 5 game leave last year to enroll in a treatment facility. The 5 games he missed last year will serve as the suspension for the gun violations and DUI. Organizations and players normally don't volunteer to miss games. If the 49ers are stupid enough to not pick up Aldon's 2015 option you can bet someone this offseason will pay him 5 years and 60 million. With about 30 million dollars guaranteed. 24-25 year old elite pass rushers don't grow on trees.
I like where our bye week is relative to Seattle. Seattle has 13 games AFTER there bye week us 9.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 24, 2014 at 6:46 AM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
And the game at Seattle isn't primetime. lame. this schedule sucks

You'd rather play Seattle IN Seattle on primetime TV where their fans will be even more obnoxious?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
The Bears game bores the f**k out of me. Why did that have to be the home opener primetime game? Skins, Chiefs, Eagles, division opponent would have been better
Its a good way to break in Levi's. I would hate to lose the 1st game
Share 49ersWebzone