LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 131 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Patton might suck but you gotta give him an accurate ball.

Patton needs to actually show up consistently and quit having dumb penalties in games. Unfortunately he may be one of our better receivers and he has sucked butt up to this point. So yeah, I am very unhappy with him, Ellington who gets injured every other play, and who knows what will show up from the rest of that group.

Ellington I would just cut no point in having a player who gets injured every other game.

We don't agree on much very often Sus , but on this we do. At the end of this season I hope we do with receivers what we did with DB's. Draft as many as we have picks. And trade for some too. Then cut all the dead wood.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Aug 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol he got pulled early to give kap a chance to show something with the 1s and he failed.

you really thing gabbert would have played a whole half of football and finished with 14 yards passing? c'mon man

14 yards in a quarter. Kaep would have gotten destroyed for that. Actually, he did.

And the bolded is disingenuous. Do you say the same thing if it's Kaep? No, you don't.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by NCommand:
But would Kaepernick have even seen Patton wide open on the edge instantly?

And that's the problem with Gabbert's evaluation. It's always "but Kaep..." Forget Kaep. Gabbert has played poorly.

Regressed each game
Unable to complete a forward pass to a receiver
3 and outs 1st 3 drives of each game.
Inability to stretch the field

It's not one or the other. They both stink.

Good point. Who on the roster should be the starting QB?

And that's the problem with Gabbert's evaluation. It's always "but Kaep..." Forget Kaep. Gabbert has played poorly.

Regressed each game

If you have another QB on this roster or in free agency or available via trade that can provide better play than Gabbert in 2016 we're all ears.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 27, 2016 at 12:40 PM ]
Nobody was talking to you. This was a little joke between P and I.

So you agree, his play has been crap.
Nah, Phoenix. Well,maybe some feel that way. I know a lot of posters feel exactly like he won it by default. And a lot of us know he isn't our answer. But he is, sadly, the only answer we have at the moment. Thinking he may be the best out of a sorry lot, doesn't mean many of is think he is great.

This. Nobody and I mean nobody has said he'd be great. He has a chance to be efficient and competent though...enough to effectively operate Kelly's offense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Patton needs to actually show up consistently and quit having dumb penalties in games. Unfortunately he may be one of our better receivers and he has sucked butt up to this point. So yeah, I am very unhappy with him, Ellington who gets injured every other play, and who knows what will show up from the rest of that group.

Ellington I would just cut no point in having a player who gets injured every other game.

We don't agree on much very often Sus , but on this we do. At the end of this season I hope we do with receivers what we did with DB's. Draft as many as we have picks. And trade for some too. Then cut all the dead wood.

Some decent WRs gonna get cut from other teams I just hope baalke can cut some of his drafted dead weight and pick up a few.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Regressed each game

If you have another QB on this roster or in free agency or available via trade that can provide better play than Gabbert in 2016 we're all ears.

Ponder and Kaep with same headstart Blaine got would be an improvement.

But the fact remains he has played like crap.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
lol he got pulled early to give kap a chance to show something with the 1s and he failed.

you really thing gabbert would have played a whole half of football and finished with 14 yards passing? c'mon man

14 yards in a quarter. Kaep would have gotten destroyed for that. Actually, he did.

And the bolded is disingenuous. Do you say the same thing if it's Kaep? No, you don't.

lol omg go away to your kap thread man

Nobody was talking to you. This was a little joke between P and I.

So you agree, his play has been crap.

If every starting QB lead their team to a TD every time out, I'd agree with you. But I'm...

#NotBlind
Some decent WRs gonna get cut from other teams I just hope baalke can cut some of his drafted dead weight and pick up a few.

QB doesn't throw to receivers. Why not just get some more TE's and RB's and stick them in as receivers?

I hope you are right.

If Chip says he needs better weapons that are being dropped from other teams then Baalke is obligated to try to sign them. It's really that simple.
  • Andra
  • Veteran

Ponder and Kaep with same headstart Blaine got would be an improvement.

But the fact remains he has played like crap.

Who Kap or Ponder?
Share 49ersWebzone