LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 327 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People are trying real hard to pretend that Gabbert didn't win the QB competition by default pretty much. When the offense bogs down during the season because he's struggling to move the ball, I wonder just how many others will get the blame first.

They'll be blaming the wrs and then Chip's offense.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Patton slow?

People are trying real hard to pretend that Gabbert didn't win the QB competition by default pretty much. When the offense bogs down during the season because he's struggling to move the ball, I wonder just how many others will get the blame first.

Nah, Phoenix. Well,maybe some feel that way. I know a lot of posters feel exactly like he won it by default. And a lot of us know he isn't our answer. But he is, sadly, the only answer we have at the moment. Thinking he may be the best out of a sorry lot, doesn't mean many of is think he is great.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

When you lead your receiver so far that they have to lunge for the football, you dun goofed. That was play was there to be made and Gabbert botched the throw.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That over throw to Patton was ugly, dude almost f**ked up the swing pass on the td. This guy sucks but we have nobody else. Smh

If Patton wasn't the slowest WR on the team, that's a TD despite him being hit as he was throwing IIRC.

He was not hit and patton isn't that slow. Gabbert is just gabbert.

And sus is just sus. Hope you feel better wearing your true colors again

Just spreading the gospel of truth.

Gabbert missed Patton on the deep throws but it wasn't "ugly". And almost f**ked up the swing pass is the same as you almost getting layed, it didn't happen
By the way gospel means truth.

So missing wide open players is not ugly ?

It sucks,but overthrowing a receiver on a long pass happens to even the very best QB's

They'll have a point on the WRs. The TE's aren't anything to gloat about either.

Hyde and Smith are the only viable weapons on offense. All those picks and this is all we can muster.

Off by about a foot or two. But I like the play call. Hope they connect next time. Just the threat of it will help, of course.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 27, 2016 at 12:16 PM ]

While I don't think Gabbert is a FQB , our wide receivers have plenty of things to criticize.
//
Originally posted by captveg:

Off by about a foot or two. But I like the play call. Hope they connect next time. Just the threat of it will help, of course.

yep
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

And if it doesn't people like you will act like you never said anything like this.

Yeah our WRs are great. Did you miss the 3 drops in a row when Driskell came in? lol

For the record, Blaine overthrew Patton.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

I admit I like this play.

They need to save this for the 4th quarter on crucial 3rd downs though. If he keeps doing this early they will game plan easily for it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mojave45:

While I don't think Gabbert is a FQB , our wide receivers have plenty of things to criticize.

Yah they suck for not being able to throw it to themselves. Look at Torry in Baltimore he was pretty good, comes here and he's not even as good Ted Ginn.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

And if it doesn't people like you will act like you never said anything like this.

Boom!
Share 49ersWebzone