There are 170 users in the forums

Blaine Gabbert

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Normally I would freak out but I trust harbaugh with qbs.i want to know what's up with the kick/punt returners?
Not a bad trade. He played for the jags so it must be nice for him to go to a competent franchise.
Should've offered the lowest 7th rounder possible. I don't know if Gabbert can be a decent back-up even. If Henne could do something with Shorts and Blackmon, but Gabbert couldn't? I don't have much hope for him. I have hope in Harbaugh, but McCoy didn't look any better.

Just another bust we hope can rise from the ashes.
Yeah, this is an interesting trade. Obviously Harbaugh and Baalke have seen enough from Gabbert to make this deal. I think he came out to the NFL too early...wasn't ready for it. Getting a QB with some tough experience could be a good thing...it'll definitely give him a different perspective WRT playing in the NFL. Nowhere near the pressure he felt in Jacksonville...
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
We just traded for one of the worst quarterbacks in the league.

Strange how three years changes the board's thoughts. In 2011 if I had said you can get Gabbert for a sixth and receive 2 second rounders for Smith.

Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Can someone answer for me if Gabbert will be making more than Kap this upcoming season? Without a new deal for Kap worked out yet

Expectations are from both parties that the contract will be renegotiated.
Can someone answer for me if Gabbert will be making more than Kap this upcoming season? Without a new deal for Kap worked out yet

he makes $2.01M now but one of the Matt's said he's expected to rework his deal
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Should've offered the lowest 7th rounder possible. I don't know if Gabbert can be a decent back-up even. If Henne could do something with Shorts and Blackmon, but Gabbert couldn't? I don't have much hope for him. I have hope in Harbaugh, but McCoy didn't look any better.

Still, we didnt give up much. Doesn't hurt to take a look at this guy.

At his current salary, yes.

However, both SF and Blaine have said they're going to restructure.

Originally posted by jrg:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This

McCoy didn't have a lot of raw talent in the first place. I don't have a lot of faith in it, but for a 6th rounder, it is worth the gamble with our coach.

In McCoy's defense, he only played in the pre-season.
I wonder if JH and TB conversed via emails to agree upon this trade.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Had to check the calendar to make sure I wasn't in a coma and missed the month of March. This is April fools material.
Share 49ersWebzone