There are 250 users in the forums

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Right now, I'd rather have Lloyd or Johnson playing for Crabtree. Johnson knows how to get open.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
let's wait and see how the market plays out. these guys--especially crabs--are going to be surprised when elite money isn't offered during FA. if you don't have better choices, i'm fine with offering them what they're worth--which isn't much. crabs is an also-ran race horse; we need a thoroughbred like demaryius thomas. pay for a thoroughbred, not a #2 who thinks he's a #1. iupati's feet are getting heavier by the year, so he's a risky guy to keep around while earning good money. we very likely could have already seen the best playmaking of his career.
neither as it sits right now deserve a contract. crabs cant get open and iupati wasnt playing that great when he was healthy this season. hopefully they both get back to last years form soon but as of now they can both f**k off next year and we can spend that money on a great lineman or a corner
I'd be interested in seeing what the yards per carry and yards per pass attempt are when Iupati is in VS when Iupati is out. He's the one who makes the running game go, and the offense seems to suck when he's out. When the Niners don't establish the running game they almost always lose.
At the beginning of the season, I would have said Crabtree, even though I'd want to keep both.

But at this point of the season, I would say Iupati.

Now, I don't know what's up with crabtree, whether they're just covering him well, or he just can't get open.

But this Oline needs Iupati.

What's funny is, we wanted to them extend, boone, iupati, crabtree, but look at this situation right now. The only guy that even remotely deserves it is Iupati.

Samething with Vernon, all these guys wanted a pay raise, yet neither of them have shown that they deserve, and that's just good managing on Baalke's part and I would want to say Harbaugh's part.

But either way, I think these guys are on there way out. See ya Boone, Crabtree it was nice while we had had you, but I don't see it panning it out for him. I like Patton, I like Ellington, stevie Johnson Is still my boy. Blloyd has always been a favorite.

I haven't seen a lot from Boldin or Crabtree this year, which is quite embarrassing since our offense is so stacked. But I guess it goes to show No OLine no great pass plays. Even though Kap gets time to throw sometimes but can't find anyone open.
Bye bye Crabtree as far as I'm concerned... Sorry
Plus Stevie Johnson is a better receiver who plays with more passion
[ Edited by 49ersPrincipality on Oct 20, 2014 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Ok before I'm berated,hear me out first,I have noticed that Richard Sherman is right about Crabtree ,He is Mediocre at best,I have notice when in clutch situations Crabs more times then not does not come through.Whenever Keaps looks His way especially this year He does not catch catchable balls or they bouce of his hands into the other teams hands for interceptions,Crabs IS NOT no.1 receiver material,no.2 maybe...Balkke need to let Crabs walk,I'm personally sick of Him.I think we should either Draft a bona-fide receiver with blazing speed that can strike FEAR in defenses or trade for Josh Gordon,there are some very good receivers in next years draft, Amari Cooper comes to mind the kid from West Virgina(White) is another,but please let Crabs walk He is not worth signing,NOW FOLKS HAVE AT IT.

Your dead on
neither one right now.I like then both however I thing they both want big contracts. I do not thing they are playing like top ten player at there position right now.
We must sign to Lupati. .. let Crabtree go.. bye byee... Crabtree. .
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersPrincipality:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Ok before I'm berated,hear me out first,I have noticed that Richard Sherman is right about Crabtree ,He is Mediocre at best,I have notice when in clutch situations Crabs more times then not does not come through.Whenever Keaps looks His way especially this year He does not catch catchable balls or they bouce of his hands into the other teams hands for interceptions,Crabs IS NOT no.1 receiver material,no.2 maybe...Balkke need to let Crabs walk,I'm personally sick of Him.I think we should either Draft a bona-fide receiver with blazing speed that can strike FEAR in defenses or trade for Josh Gordon,there are some very good receivers in next years draft, Amari Cooper comes to mind the kid from West Virgina(White) is another,but please let Crabs walk He is not worth signing,NOW FOLKS HAVE AT IT.

Your dead on

I agree.

one guy is a liability half the time and the other guy is mediocre

Baalkexcuses
Too bad they are both not under contract next year. The NFL doesnt have big trades like basketball and baseball but I would entertain the idea of trading both to the raiders for their 1st round pick, I think it would be number 1 overall, and some other picks. This comment is not meant to be a knock on either player but it seems they are both hurt often and miss games. I also dont think either will be back next year so try to get something out of them instead of just comp picks that you cant maneuver
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
At the beginning of the season, I would have said Crabtree, even though I'd want to keep both.

But at this point of the season, I would say Iupati.

Now, I don't know what's up with crabtree, whether they're just covering him well, or he just can't get open.

But this Oline needs Iupati.

What's funny is, we wanted to them extend, boone, iupati, crabtree, but look at this situation right now. The only guy that even remotely deserves it is Iupati.

Samething with Vernon, all these guys wanted a pay raise, yet neither of them have shown that they deserve, and that's just good managing on Baalke's part and I would want to say Harbaugh's part.

But either way, I think these guys are on there way out. See ya Boone, Crabtree it was nice while we had had you, but I don't see it panning it out for him. I like Patton, I like Ellington, stevie Johnson Is still my boy. Blloyd has always been a favorite.

I haven't seen a lot from Boldin or Crabtree this year, which is quite embarrassing since our offense is so stacked. But I guess it goes to show No OLine no great pass plays. Even though Kap gets time to throw sometimes but can't find anyone open.

Are you serious? Stevie Johnson has been awesome this year, but let's not get carried away with the love for him or Brandon LLoyd. Anquan Boldin has held it down this season.

Also, with finding receivers open, I think we need to shorten the routes and have Kap do quicker 3 or 5 step drops. Perhaps even a one step drop. The ball needs to be gone from his hands quicker because the protection will not hold up more often than not.
Build lines first, but Iupati either is injured or is playing injured. He is nowhere near as good as last 2-3 yrs. I hope it is injury and not falling off in talent. Crabs...I am surprised in a contract yr he hasn't played better. He's played well, but not fantastic. He also held out a half yr, took another 8 games to learn the plays, got injured and I think we have one really good yr from him and maybe another half. Out of the entire contract that isn't so hot. I am disappointed he hasn't caught everything and anything thrown his way. Right now I like the advice above, wait and see how they finish the season.

As for Lifelong, I have said the same repeatedly, shorten up the routes, throw 1-2 steppers, maybe some 3 steppers, but anything more than 2.5 seconds, against an elite team, is way too much time to get a pass off. roman doesn't see it that way, but it is truth.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Oct 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Build lines first, but Iupati either is injured or is playing injured. He is nowhere near as good as last 2-3 yrs. I hope it is injury and not falling off in talent. Crabs...I am surprised in a contract yr he hasn't played better. He's played well, but not fantastic. He also held out a half yr, took another 8 games to learn the plays, got injured and I think we have one really good yr from him and maybe another half. Out of the entire contract that isn't so hot. I am disappointed he hasn't caught everything and anything thrown his way. Right now I like the advice above, wait and see how they finish the season.

As for Lifelong, I have said the same repeatedly, shorten up the routes, throw 1-2 steppers, maybe some 3 steppers, but anything more than 2.5 seconds, against an elite team, is way too much time to get a pass off. roman doesn't see it that way, but it is truth.

Knowing Roman's love for the deep passing game, wouldn't he make the perfect Raiders coach? C'mon Oakland. Do it!!!
Share 49ersWebzone