There are 150 users in the forums

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who would you resign Crabtree or Iupati ?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Crabtree is soft, no he shouldn't be re-signed, I'd much rather have Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd. At least Lloyd and Johnson don't half-ass their way on the field, Crabtree makes poor efforts trying to adjust to badly thrown passes.

Dude is completely allergic to training camp and it shows. I think he expects to just show up and win. What a loser. I don't think anyone is going to sign him for significant money. He might even get the Goldson treatment the first year he became a FA. At this point I don't know if I would pay him 6 million a year.
At this point I would let them both walk.

Crabtree isn't doing s**t and Iupati will want way more than he's worth. Stevie should be starting over Crabtree and I'd honestly rather see Lloyd out there before Crabtree.
Iupati, Stevie has shown he's a capable replacement of Crabtree and I've been saying that since week 2.
Originally posted by Empire49:
At this point I would let them both walk.

Crabtree isn't doing s**t and Iupati will want way more than he's worth. Stevie should be starting over Crabtree and I'd honestly rather see Lloyd out there before Crabtree.

Well with what we have and the draft ammo we've got (9 picks going in) we might believe we can draft a big play WR to compliment Q Stevie and Lloyd while snagging a G with a high round draft pick. Then we got Brandon Thomas that will be healthy going into camp next season too. We are set up to move on from Crab and Iupati if we have too. I still think we should look to keep Iupati though if we can
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Only thing I would say is that this may or may not be true but we do need to keep these threads consolidated into one organized thread. Nothing wrong with saying what you feel but it simplifies things for everyone if we put things in preexisting threads if possible but perhaps the OP felt this needed its own thread. Maybe it does but I fear this can fracture the discussion over multiple threads

Yes I felt like I neede my own thread but its cool<i'm not mad,Just tired of Crabs**tI would bench his sorry-ass as Dick Sherman would say,and let Patton play He is faster then Crabs**t and would play-hungry.
Originally posted by REDx85xGOLD:
Iupati, Stevie has shown he's a capable replacement of Crabtree and I've been saying that since week 2.

This.

When Iupati goes out, bad things happen. The Niners were beating up on Seattle in the NFCCG before Iuoati broke his leg.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Yes I felt like I neede my own thread but its cool<i'm not mad,Just tired of Crabs**tI would bench his sorry-ass as Dick Sherman would say,and let Patton play He is faster then Crabs**t and would play-hungry.

I will say that it looks like Crab is out of sync this season. Maybe he thinks he doesn't need to spend time in theoffseason doing private workouts with Kap like I heard QP and Lockette did. Even Boldin was down in FL. Maybe Crab did do this? I dunno but it sure looks bad right now and with him always missing training camp time I wonder if he thinks he can step on the field and produce? I may be wrong but I was expecting Crabtree to play with major desire this year after Sherm called him out after the NFCCG
Not impressed w/Crabs.

Iupati has been getting injured quite a bit.

Frankly, I'd rather replace both of them.
It pains me to say it because crabs is one of my fav , but I think tonight might've proved beyond who we need more

What's wrong with Crabtree , where's he been? Him and Vernon are not playing at a High level , dunno if it's cuz they're banged up
  • REB4
Iupati is having a slow year but we already saw how crappy the run game was without him. Crabtree, to be honest, should lose his staring job to Stevie Johnson. Johnson was a 4 time 1,000yard WR with no Joe Nobody QBs throwing to him. Crabtree has only one 1K season with two decent QBs throwing to him. Johnson has EARNED more playing time now and Crabtree either needs more time to recover from his achilles injury or maybe we need to accept that he will never be the same player again. Plus he's Deion's buddy and the #1 suspect in the whole locker room problem rumor.

It pains me to say it because crabs is one of my fav , but I think tonight might've proved beyond who we need more

What's wrong with Crabtree , where's he been? Him and Vernon are not playing at a High level , dunno if it's cuz they're banged up
They are both valuable to our team. It's going to come down to negotiations. I think it's more likely that Iupati resigns than Crabtree. Crabtree wants to be paid big money that I don't think he's worth. I would be good with Boldin, Johnson, Lloyd, Ellington, and Patton. I would love to see Niners trade Crabtree to browns for Gordon! I doubt that will happen.
At least now Iupati won't be so insanely expensive to re-sign now that he's had a couple of pretty rough seasons. The Niners need to leave him out for a while 'til he can get back to 100%. Let Looney get some practice. The Niners don't play any really tough defenses for a few weeks.
It wouldn't bother me if they signed big money elsewhere. I don't think either are top tier FA's. If we can get a decent starting contract deal, then why not I guess. Looney or Boone can take over for iupati and probably improve the pass pro. Crabs is replaceable but decent. I already like Stevie much better.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
At least now Iupati won't be so insanely expensive to re-sign now that he's had a couple of pretty rough seasons. The Niners need to leave him out for a while 'til he can get back to 100%. Let Looney get some practice. The Niners don't play any really tough defenses for a few weeks.

He was out this week and will be the next because of the bye. He had a concussion so I think he will be 100% from here on out
Share 49ersWebzone