LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 344 users in the forums

Which loss hurts the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which loss hurts the most?

Originally posted by JoeisGod:
1991 NFC Championship (Roger Craig fumble)...Matt Barr field goal...Carl Banks hit on Joe Montana...AAARGGG!!!

THIS. THIS will ALWAYS be the worst loss for me.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
I didn't give a f**k what happened after we lost Bowman in the Seattle game. And the Superbowl.....We were KNOWN for being undefeated in Superbowls.........

This above; All you need to know..Why more ongoing torture, hasn't there been enough..
2011 loss to the cowboys
Kyle Williams.
Giants loss easily
The New York Giants loss from 2 years ago.

The reason it hurt so bad was because WE GAVE THE GAME AWAY.

The other losses are easier to accept because the other teams played better than the 9ers.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
The New York Giants loss from 2 years ago.

The reason it hurt so bad was because WE GAVE THE GAME AWAY.

The other losses are easier to accept because the other teams played better than the 9ers.

this...that was the dream season

from a 6-10 Mike Singletary led team in 2010 to a 13-3 with Harbaugh at the helm, spectacular defense, Tony Montana Squad, last second thriller against the Saints, etc.. and we just f**ked it all away

the Superbowl loss just left me numb
2011 - We were hanging on by a fingernail the whole season. Kyle Williams doesn't fumble the ball, therefore we automatically beat the Giants and the Patriots?

2012 - By FAR the worst. It was the Super Bowl, we made a legendary comeback, and were on the doorstep of history. Then Roman attacks them with unicorns and rainbows; we got cute. The end.

2013 - This was Seattle's season. They had all the breaks from start to finish. When they had that miracle against the Texans, I thought, "oh boy", because those types of games are what make and break a season. Then the call against Brooks reminded me of the missed call against the Packers in 96(?) that cost us home field advantage against them. Then we had to play in a place only one team has won a game the past two seasons. This season could not have been scripted better for Seattle.

2014 - This is the year we have a new stadium, and I feel it will give us extra energy, and we will win the division and get home field throughout. Next year is the year we do it. The Super Bowl will be on real grass, on a field we are familiar with, and we will take it next year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 30, 2014 at 12:40 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
2011 - We were hanging on by a fingernail the whole season. Kyle Williams doesn't fumble the ball, therefore we automatically beat the Giants and the Patriots?

2012 - By FAR the worst. It was the Super Bowl, we made a legendary comeback, and were on the doorstep of history. Then Roman attacks them with unicorns and rainbows; we got cute. The end.

2013 - This was Seattle's season. They had all the breaks from start to finish. When they had that miracle against the Texans, I thought, "oh boy", because those types of games are what make and break a season. Then the call against Brooks reminded me of the missed call against the Packers in 96(?) that cost us home field advantage against them. Then we had to play in a place only one team has won a game the past two seasons. This season could not have been scripted better for Seattle.

2014 - This is the year we have a new stadium, and I feel it will give us extra energy, and we will win the division and get home field throughout. Next year is the year we do it. The Super Bowl will be on real grass, on a field we are familiar with, and we will take it next year.

how could we not win super bowl 49
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

how could we not win super bowl 49

I didn't even realize that.

That would be cooler than a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

For some reason this loss is taking longer for me to get over than the Super Bowl loss.

I think its because we had a 1st down on the 18 with 2 timeouts. Plus who the loss was against.

If the Kap INT had been on 4th down, it wouldve been easier to get over. Something about rushing the play when we had 4 shots at the endzone from the 18 yard line is what irks me.

Its hard for me to blame Kap for 2 reasons. One, hes still very young, and has more confidence than he does experience. And two, Harbaugh HAS to know when to use a timeout and talk it over. He has to know that his QB might make the mistake of rushing the play.

Call timeout, talk it over, make a plan. He shouldve said "Hey, we still have another timeout, were in the red zone, and we have enough time for 4 shots into the endzone. Dont force the ball until its 4th down, and dont take a sack."

I have a feeling this loss is going to bug me until we win another SB. Especially if SEA crushes Denver and proves the NFC wouldve won either way.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jan 30, 2014 at 3:21 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Beeker:
1991 NFC Championship (Roger Craig fumble)...Matt Barr field goal...Carl Banks hit on Joe Montana...AAARGGG!!!

That's the all-time worst for me, too.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Beeker:

That's the all-time worst for me, too.

I can still remember Pat Summerall's call after the Matt Barr field goal, "and there will be no 3peat"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I can still remember Pat Summerall's call after the Matt Barr field goal, "and there will be no 3peat"

Don't remind me, it was horrible.
Superbowl of course.

The Seattle-loss is the least hurting one. We played in Seattle, hostile environment, best NFC team. Some people even expected that we will be routed there.
Share 49ersWebzone