LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Which loss hurts the most?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which loss hurts the most?

Originally posted by communist:
Superbowl of course.

The Seattle-loss is the least hurting one. We played in Seattle, hostile environment, best NFC team. Some people even expected that we will be routed there.

I finally brought myself to watch a replay of the Seahawk-Niner game. Kap was the whole offense, we needed one player to make a play, and no one did. Kap put the team on his back, and almost pulled it off. The D was all heart.
Roger Craig fumble followed by Kevin Williams muffed punts. i hate the giants.
Although last year's superbowl loss was a heartbreaker.. For me it was Kyle Williams fumble in the NFCG at home, we were coming off a decade of embarrassment of football play and no-one expected us to be better then a 7-9 team coming off the lockout, to be in that position controlling the game in overtime was the ultimate letdown.
The Seahawks game hurt the most. Losing to the team I hate the most and losing Bowman to a serious knee injury.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Super Bowl loss sucks but we were dead to rights one play into 3rd quarter and almost mounted the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. Lost due a non call on blatant defensive holding . Feel robbed at one hand but knowing we had no business even being close to winning after the 1st half on the other I can deal.

Being from NJ I have to hear about Giants loss twice a week at least still. Salt in the wound hurts most.

Seattle in Seattle didn't think were gonna win. Proud of how close we were after being blown out there last 2 times.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
The New York Giants loss from 2 years ago.

The reason it hurt so bad was because WE GAVE THE GAME AWAY.

The other losses are easier to accept because the other teams played better than the 9ers.

f**k THAT. we lost a f**kign SUPERBOWL. When ALL the great ones BEFORE us who got us FIVE were watching!
I was over the Seattle loss the next day. The Super Bowl loss still stings. Super Bowl by far.
whatever the most recent playoff loss is.
although niners had their chances, those 3 games had some one-sided refs.
The Seahawks lost , never should have gotten rid of Alex Smith!!!!

Super Bowl. 1990-91 NFC Championship should be on there seeing as we lost to Jeff Hostetler of all people
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by jbeale49:
2011 NYG for me. At home. Bradshaw forward progress. Williams X 2. Awful overtime possessions. Just wanted it badly after that roller coaster ride Vs. New Orleans. When Graham scored that go ahead TD, I don't know if i've ever gone from a lower place to a higher place in 1:37 seconds (similar to bengals in 88. After the playoff drought we went through,we all we're thinking the same thing and we got a top ten moment in franchise history out of it in VD TD.

I live in New England and deal with an ultra jaded fan base in the Patriots. They are rough on their team when they lose and expect to win, which is fair. But what isn't fair is the sense of entitlement to success. Playoff wins are hard to get and not to be taken for granted. In our lean years, 03 - 2010 I vowed to never take for granted future success. To never become anything even resembling New England's fan base in their 13+ years of winning 10+ games.

Thrilled to be behind this team...

God you have no idea how livid I was. EVERY YEAR SINCE THIS GAME dude the refs have been against us. What pissed me off more was hating ass joe buck and troy agreed it was correct call when it was a horses**t call. Yet again bowman makes beast play and we get hosed.

Yea, that livid. I'm there. I watch games all year long and see "forward progress" be deemed something entirely different than this display. Even in Bow's strip in Seattle...it worked out they didn't score on 4th down but just get it right on the field and make us feel like we're not getting JOBBED. Saw if live on television as a strip, shook the crap out of a poor dude watching the game with me.

People say we got the calls in the Carolina game to which I say, those were after the whistle calls. Get it right between the whistles.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Super Bowl. 1990-91 NFC Championship should be on there seeing as we lost to Jeff Hostetler of all people

That hurt bad but 15 - 13 and 7 - 3 in the reg season. Those were GREAT games that could have gone either way. It's taken me 20+ years to realize it but Parcells calling that fake punt took serious stones. Of course, they got the exact look they wanted with no one lined up over center but still something i'm sure they saw in the film room. The ONLY touchdown scored in 2 games was a broken tackle on the right sideline far sideline by JT. Kind of a fluke play...

Those we're games...
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

That hurt bad but 15 - 13 and 7 - 3 in the reg season. Those were GREAT games that could have gone either way. It's taken me 20+ years to realize it but Parcells calling that fake punt took serious stones. Of course, they got the exact look they wanted with no one lined up over center but still something i'm sure they saw in the film room. The ONLY touchdown scored in 2 games was a broken tackle on the right sideline far sideline by JT. Kind of a fluke play...

Those we're games...
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Christ, it depressed me just writing that one out.

To be honest, I have a hard time ranking one over the other. They all hurt for different reasons.If pressed, I'd have to go with the Super Bowl (see below for rationale).

• The 2011 one stings because I was at the game against the Saints the week before (my first time ever seeing a live 49ers playoff game) and that season had the magic of a franchise reborn and a legendary defense
  • 2012 stings big-time because 1. I got to attend several regular games that season (NYJ, NYG, SEA) 2. I attended the NFC championship game victory over Atlanta and above all else....

3. I was AT THE SUPER BOWL (my buddy won tickets and took me). It was a long night in New Orleans, and an even longer flight home to NJ after that one. The near comeback was just as exciting as the letdown was grueling
  • 2013--Felt this was truly our year. 2012, although we got farther, seemed like we lucked out a bit and were fortunate to dig out of a big deficit in Atlanta and have the offense compensate for a struggling defense. This 2013 team was clicking at the right time,and the defense was playing phenomenal even though the offense continued to sputter at times. The way the Seattle game started was exactly what I thought it would take to win, but the turnovers, special teams coverage on that long run-back, and a Super Bowl deja vu failed fade to Crabtree doomed us in the second half.

The Super Bowl was the worst and it isn't even close for me.
Share 49ersWebzone