LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 328 users in the forums

Window closing next year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What makes me really nervous about next year being our last year of being loaded is that Kap's salary is going to increase A LOT. He is only making about 1.2 a year. What do you think he is going to want when his contract is up next year. Phillip Rivers and Romo make about 7 that's a 6 million in cap space. What do you think Vernon is going to want in two years. Iupati in two years. Aldon Smith in two years.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The window is closing for Cowboy and Gore. That's the unfortunate part.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
The window closing for Cowboy and Gore. That's the unfortunate part.

Window has closed for them. I'm more worried about bowman having that manningham injury and if he will ever be the same
Originally posted by Hopper:
The window is closing for Cowboy and Gore. That's the unfortunate part.

Maybe they have one more year, but probably not many more.
I have faith in this front office. They've proven they are tops in the league. We should be competitive for a long time. Kap will get better.
Just...stop it.
Let him play out his contract and then tag him a few years. by then we just might have another young QB ready
i'm starting a thread that says the window is neither open nor closed
Sick of reading this. Window is NOT closed. Or Closing. We have a great defense, even without Bowman, which is good, but sucks not to have him.

The O-Line did fine with Snyder, I think he is a good backup OG.

Kap need to improve on his decision making. Too many bad reads.

We have business to take care of this offseason. Guys need to be re-signed, extended, restructured, etc...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
trade bowman and willis for Thom Brady.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Sick of reading this. Window is NOT closed. Or Closing. We have a great defense, even without Bowman, which is good, but sucks not to have him.

We have business to take care of this offseason. Guys need to be re-signed, extended, restructured, etc...

good points. also, great gms and coaches figure this stuff out. This is as much a part of the game as the x and o's.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Windows and doors are inanimate objects. They do open and closed.

They are opened and closed. The team has opened them. As far as I can tell, the team has not shut them.
Share 49ersWebzone