LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

Mangini

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For all the off season a do about the hiring of Mangini as an offensive consultant, can anyone tell me if they really think he made a difference and if so how? Cause I don't see it. The offense doesn't look any different.
Originally posted by WildBill:
For all the off season a do about the hiring of Mangini as an offensive consultant, can anyone tell me if they really think he made a difference and if so how? Cause I don't see it. The offense doesn't look any different.

I think Roman just wanted an alibi so people wouldn't judge him for eating a whole large pizza by himself. "Oh, this? This is for Mangini and me."
He was supposed to be watching the screen for replay challenges, and we've challenged a bunch of stupid s**t this year. I consider this experiment a failure. lol
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
I'm more worried that we lose Fangio and/or Roman and Mangini takes the position....
Isn't he in charge of the replay challenges or at least letting Harbaugh know what to challenge? If that is the case, HE SUCKS!
Mangini is just a consultant so the offensive gameplan is still all on the shoulders of Roman and the offensive staff.

His contributions were never going to dramatically alter the offense in a positive or negative way.

Mangini being a name is the only reason why this is getting more attention than it deserves.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
His job is actually to work with the offense, he is gives the unit a feel on opposing defenses and how to exploit them. Mangini thinks like a defensive coordinator, but now from an offensive viewpoint. This could become a bigger trend in the NFL. - ESPN

SO in other words he is a defensive person who is working with the offensive staff on how to exploit defenses. A lot of people have seen this as another brilliant idea of Harbaughs
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Buchy:
I'm more worried that we lose Fangio and/or Roman and Mangini takes the position....

Word was Miami was interested in him as a GM....PLEASE TAKE
Originally posted by MarkD:
His job is actually to work with the offense, he is gives the unit a feel on opposing defenses and how to exploit them. Mangini thinks like a defensive coordinator, but now from an offensive viewpoint. This could become a bigger trend in the NFL. - ESPN

SO in other words he is a defensive person who is working with the offensive staff on how to exploit defenses. A lot of people have seen this as another brilliant idea of Harbaughs

Good idea but total fail. All playoffs I saw injuries to key defensive players and OC's immediately attack those areas with huge success. The Packers were down to a 3rd string defense at one point minus AJ Hawk yet who do we attack? AJ Hawk with VD in double coverage. Fortunately it was an undefendable TD but still, you get the point.
Good experiment.

Since we're not in on the meetings and practices it would be hard to say exactly how [or if]he contributed.

As far as I'm concerned - he can take a hike to anywhere.

Share 49ersWebzone