LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 358 users in the forums

Final game at the Stick is actually the NFC Championship

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This won't happen. It just won't. New Orleans is terrible on the road.

I'm content with the way Candlestick was left, though, so no worries.
They are not getting back there again. The 49ers have a long, hard road. I'm not sure if they can do it. But maybe they can.
Hope they win and come to Carolina, may try to go to that game.
Chances is are it ain't gonna happen in order for the NFC Championship to be here all these things have to happen.

• The Saints beat the Eagles at Philadelphia Saturday night
  • 49ers beat the Packers at Green Bay Sunday
  • 49ers beat the Carolina Panthers at Carolina in the Divisional Round
  • Saints beat the Seahawks at Seattle in the Divisional Round

then the NFC Championship would be here.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Not getting my hopes up the Saints can win in Philly and Seattle. They aren't that good on the road.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Not getting my hopes up the Saints can win in Philly and Seattle. They aren't that good on the road.

This.

New Orleans will be lucky to even get past Philly. Have the Saints even beaten a good team on the road? They lost to the Rams and Jets, and almost lost to the Bucs. They just aren't very good outside the Dome.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If the Saints win out and the Niners win out. The NFCCG will be hosted by the San Francisco 49ers. It could happen.
Originally posted by Thunderthighs:
Originally posted by brw614:
Obviuosly we can beat the Pack and destroy Clay Mathews and it will be a tough game, BUT
Am I correct that Candlestick can host the NFC championship game, but only if Saints or Eagles make it that far?
And am I correct after we beat the Pack that Niners play Seachickens if Eagles beat Saints OR Niners play Panthers if Saints beat Eagles?

Kap is not the player he was in last years game vs. the Pack. Due to his erratic and indecisive play, I think the 9ers go down to the Pack and will be drafting another QB in 2014.

Dude!

You are entitled to your opinion. And we will undoubtedly draft another QB in the next draft, hopefully two. We need a second and third stringer foot next year and I don't think Colt is it.

But to say that we will draft a replacement for Kaepernick in 2014 if we lose makes me think you are just here to troll. Last year he proved he was an NFL qb and this year he has had to deal with real problems around him and has at times disappointed. But at other times he has done well. No NFL team dumps a starting qb who has done what he has done. You work on them and develop them. The 49ers have showed a real commitment to the development of quarterbacks over the years.

Either you know very little about football or you are just trying to irritate the home fans here.
Originally posted by Thunderthighs:
Originally posted by brw614:
Obviuosly we can beat the Pack and destroy Clay Mathews and it will be a tough game, BUT
Am I correct that Candlestick can host the NFC championship game, but only if Saints or Eagles make it that far?
And am I correct after we beat the Pack that Niners play Seachickens if Eagles beat Saints OR Niners play Panthers if Saints beat Eagles?

Kap is not the player he was in last years game vs. the Pack. Due to his erratic and indecisive play, I think the 9ers go down to the Pack and will be drafting another QB in 2014.

Yeah right, you wish...
[ Edited by vermonator on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:56 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
LETS GO SAINTS!

If this is truly a QB driven league then Brees needs to earn his paycheck and prove he can win some road games.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
LETS GO SAINTS!

If drew brees is your quarterback, they have a chance. This is the first time i can ever remember that EVERY SINGLE TEAM in a conference has a legit shot of reaching the SB. Most years, there's only two strong candidate but i can see any team reaching the SB.
it's all about getting hot at the right time. i cant wait to play the weakhawks in seattle, we will destroy them this time.
I thought we go to carolina if we win? Cause of the brackets?
Share 49ersWebzone