LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Upper/Middle Class Problems

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Upper/Middle class problems is a great way to put our situation. What pressing needs would we have going into next season? CB? I suppose WR, but if you could manage a way to keep Crabtree, Boldin and Patton that's pretty good. Specially when you consider Patton is a candidate to improve next season, as is Vance MacDonald.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:18 AM ]
GREAT POST.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
It's all relative, though... NFC West teams are built specifically to beat the 49ers.

I've seen this meme repeated frequently by Niners fans and I've got to wonder why, at least in relation to the Seahawks. Pete Carroll was hired a full year before Jim Harbaugh and he and John Schneider had already drafted/traded for/signed Marshawn Lynch, the entire Legion of Boom, and many of the other core players on the current roster before Harbaugh ever coached his first NFL game. I'm pretty sure they weren't constructing the roster to beat a 49ers team coached by Mike Singletary that hadn't had a winning season in nearly a decade.
Originally posted by TXHawk:
I've seen this meme repeated frequently by Niners fans and I've got to wonder why, at least in relation to the Seahawks. Pete Carroll was hired a full year before Jim Harbaugh and he and John Schneider had already drafted/traded for/signed Marshawn Lynch, the entire Legion of Boom, and many of the other core players on the current roster before Harbaugh ever coached his first NFL game. I'm pretty sure they weren't constructing the roster to beat a 49ers team coached by Mike Singletary that hadn't had a winning season in nearly a decade.

and he didnt beat harbaugh for a goooood long time either.

also you cant name a group of players till they do something, you know, like that great superbowl XL "legion of crybabies"
[ Edited by GreenReaperTT on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
It's all relative, though... NFC West teams are built specifically to beat the 49ers.

Legion of Boom... you guys are so cute with your little nicknames.

oh look a seahawk fan from texas who never heard of the team until 2012....

gtfo
good post man i am happy it didnt involve women with large appetites
Originally posted by pdizo916:

gtfo

Been a fan since 1976. Currently live in TX because of my job, but thanks for asking.

Anyway, I would like someone to answer my question if you can: why do Niners fans believe the Seahawks were built to beat your team when many of the current starters were acquired prior to the Harbaugh era when the 49ers hadn't been good for ages?

Just curious.
[ Edited by TXHawk on Dec 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

Those teams you mentioned have real problems - we have challenges.

I agree, challanges, not problems, the texans have problems. The Cowboys have problems...
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I think a big reason for the "disappointment" this season was what we all expected of Kaepernick. He was on fire last season, both passing and running and we all thought it could only get exponentially better. When Kap wasn't out there throwing for 400 every game and running for another 100 there was a sense of let down, irrational as it may be. It's the nature of being a fan I suppose.

Kap's season wasn't all bad, with him throwing for 3,100 yards and 21 TDs. He did this playing for a very conservative team that likes to sit on 10 point leads and make the other team beat them. He also did it with virtually no receiver help.

I think another thing to look at is the offseason acquisitions and depth the Niners have developed. Boldin was absolutely huge for the team. But I think Dorsey was another key addition who really helped to hold the defensive line together. Jerrod-Eddie broke out as a pretty good player, which the team needed to help spell the starters. If you really look at it, the Niners lost their starting nose tackle from last season (Sopoaga), the backup from last season (Jean-Francois), and started essentially the third string guy this year (Ian Williams). He plays very well, but goes down with and injury and the Niners are forced to plug that hole. Let's also not forget the Aldon Smith saga and Skuta filling in pretty effectively.

To finish a season 12-4 with as many issues as this team has had I think is pretty impressive. Especially in an absolutely brutal division with a first place schedule.

I agree, no other division had 40+ wins together. The expectations for Kaep were great thus when you do that, you are setting up for a let down. People forget that, I think last year they kept that game plan simple and let Kaep operate on instinct. This year the offense was more complicated and Kaep had to learn more, so he is thinking more and acting less. Not to mention that his inexperience shows, However, I thing the OL has regressed more than Kaep has.

Been a fan since 1976. Currently live in TX because of my job, but thanks for asking.

Anyway, I would like someone to answer my question if you can: why do Niners fans believe the Seahawks were built to beat your team when many of the current starters were acquired prior to the Harbaugh era when the 49ers hadn't been good for ages?

Just curious.

1. In your opinion finishing 7-9 to win the division (as the worst division champions in the history of the NFL) under Pete Carroll is an accomplishment that we would have tried to emulate?

2. Aside from Lynch, how many starters from that 2010 team are starters now? The main talking point I hear is how big the personnel turnover has been under Carroll, whereas JH inherited a team with great talent.

Just curious.

Because, if you know pro football, rule of thumb is you build to win your division, after all six of your games are always against your division and you take shot at the top team in the division. Carrol ain't no dummy, he knew from being at USC that Harbaugh would be his chief rival and nemisis. He also knew what kind of team he would try to build. He knew he would need to build a physical team to take on the niners. The cardinals were a joke at the time, warner was going downhill, the rams, the same.

Plus a lot of teams have stated they are trying to build a team like the niners. Carolina being one of them.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

like that great superbowl XL "legion of crybabies"

To be fair, the zebras did rape them.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

gtfo

Relax mate. I'm a 9ers fan from England. Since 1988. Because of Montana-to-Taylor. How's that for bandwagoneering? Distance means nothing and neither does if you become a fan because of bandwagoneering. The trick is sticking with the team when Donahue and Erickson have a go at it
Forty Niner fans judge the team from the perspective of the of the great Super Bowl teams. Expectations in Carolina, Detroit, Jacksonville and on and on are to have a playoff game, period. The SF fans expect everything to go through them on the way to the SB. There is an excellence in tradition matched only by the Steelers. I would add the Patriots but without one player would they be where they are?
Share 49ersWebzone