LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 197 users in the forums

FANGIO COMES THROUGH IN THE CLUTCH!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No killer instinct. But I'm happy 9ers got the W.
  • Liono
Originally posted by TyCore:
Ask the Hawks how hard it is to stop Ryan and those catchers.

He took us to the wire last year as well.

Huh? What are you talking about, this year or last year? The Falcons are a 4 win team and the Seahawks destroyed them in Atlanta 33 to 10. The only teams the Falcons have defeated this year are other scum sucking teams.
Originally posted by ninerhippy:
Im tired of the complete stubbornness of this coaching staff. you can not get consistent pressure on the QB rushing just 4, especially in a 3-4, not in the modern NFL. In the NFCCG this dude waited until the game was on the line to A-gap blitz and SURPRISE SURPRISE, matt ryan fumbles the snap and we win. Tonight its the same story, we wait until the game is on the line to be aggresive. this staff never learns, THIS IS NOT f**kING STANFORD, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE 21ST CENTURY, ENOUGH WITH THE JUMBO HORSEs**t, JUMBO PLAY ACTION, INSIDE HANDOFFS TO WIDEOUTS, LINING FULLBACKS OUT WIDE

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESES DUDES?? we gashed the absolut s**t outta the atl d on the ground and yet we didnt commit to the run until the 4th?

If these dips**ts get an A grade from anyone this week or this season for that matter is just flat out slanted journalism because anyone who has watched football will know that they could call better games with the talent on this team. They do just enough to win. I'm sick of Roman being cute and trying to get the cheap one instead of just getting. If you want to be a "genius" get it done every drive and produce points. Until then you are just the smartest retarded kid.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
The OP means Bowman comes through in the clutch. He typed fangio by mistake.

So, the problem is the adjustments. We had a good defensive game plan for the first 35 minutes. Then, when we started to lose it, it took 15 plays before we realized we needed to bring 5 consistently.

Why?

No, I call it Fangio. That was a call we HAD to make. Played p***y drop back into zone coverage 'prevent' esque play-calling.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
You said it. This was not a clean game by us tonight. Glad that we won, but disappointed on the overall performance. We will be one and done if we pull the same garbage in the playoffs.

just play press man to man defense and stop playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 4 and 4th and 2

jam them then pray for pass rush. that's all there is to it.

when we do that offenses don't move the ball
vic's game plan was just horrible tonight that's all there is to it.
Im tired of the complete stubbornness of this coaching staff. you can not get consistent pressure on the QB rushing just 4, especially in a 3-4, not in the modern NFL. In the NFCCG this dude waited until the game was on the line to A-gap blitz and SURPRISE SURPRISE, matt ryan fumbles the snap and we win. Tonight its the same story, we wait until the game is on the line to be aggresive. this staff never learns, THIS IS NOT f**kING STANFORD, PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL IN THE 21ST CENTURY, ENOUGH WITH THE JUMBO HORSEs**t, JUMBO PLAY ACTION, INSIDE HANDOFFS TO WIDEOUTS, LINING FULLBACKS OUT WIDE

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESES DUDES?? we gashed the absolut s**t outta the atl d on the ground and yet we didnt commit to the run until the 4th?

Agree with you to the max. That jumbo mumbo crap don't work and that soft coverage 3 pass rush crap don't work either. rush 5 and cover 6 man to man.
Originally posted by Liono:
That was pure Candlestick Magic! Wow! It wouldn't have even been realistic fiction.

I also wonder about our game plan here. Matt Ryan is very good, but come on, how hard is it to stop Roddy freaking White? The Falcons have no run game and a s**t offensive line, and Ryan throws for 350 and has only 9 incomplete passes the entire game. Meanwhile, Kap can't even crack 200 against a bunch of rookies, with a MUCH better recieving corp.

kap had a more efficient game than ryan. he had a better YPA, much more rushing yards and didn't turn the ball over. hilarious that people still punish kap for the success of our running game
Fangio should watch how Arizona stopped Seattle. The 49ers can play that kind of defense and be very good at it.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Agree with you to the max. That jumbo mumbo crap don't work and that soft coverage 3 pass rush crap don't work either. rush 5 and cover 6 man to man.

agree with both. He only blitzed when Atlanta was within 8 yards of possibly ending the Niners season. Winning at Arizona would be real tough especially if we had blown this game.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Liono:
That was pure Candlestick Magic! Wow! It wouldn't have even been realistic fiction.

I also wonder about our game plan here. Matt Ryan is very good, but come on, how hard is it to stop Roddy freaking White? The Falcons have no run game and a s**t offensive line, and Ryan throws for 350 and has only 9 incomplete passes the entire game. Meanwhile, Kap can't even crack 200 against a bunch of rookies, with a MUCH better recieving corp.

kap had a more efficient game than ryan. he had a better YPA, much more rushing yards and didn't turn the ball over. hilarious that people still punish kap for the success of our running game

Matt Ryan 37/48 348 yards 2 TD 2 INT
Kap 13/21 197 yards 1TD, 6 rushes 51yards, 1 rush TD, 0 INT

I think Kap has the better all around numbers. Ryan had more than 2x the attempts, as the above post mentioned less YPA too. Kap's 21 attemps for 197 is over 9 yards per attempt.
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I've always felt that our DBs are instructed to play too soft. SEA and other teams jammed the heck out of our receivers, and we let opposing WRs have clean releases off the LOS the majority of the times. I understand that disguising our coverage looks is sophisticated, but sometimes I think our coaches try to be too smart or too cute. Sometimes, you just have to play tight, physical man coverage, and blitz when the 4-man rush is obviously not working.
Fangio got lucky with this win. I don't understand his stubbornness to rush a good QB like Matt Ryan who can pick you apart when given just a little time.

He's going to be facing some very good QB in the playoffs, and if he insists on playing just his standard 4 man front, he's going to lose.

In Arizona, he's going to be facing a Carson Palmer who can also pick you apart given a little time. Let's see if he's learned anything from this game.

You'd think he would have learned by now after having faced a Drew Brees and a Cam Newton.
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Fangio got lucky with this win. I don't understand his stubbornness to rush a good QB like Matt Ryan who can pick you apart when given just a little time.

He's going to be facing some very good QB in the playoffs, and if he insists on playing just his standard 4 man front, he's going to lose.

In Arizona, he's going to be facing a Carson Palmer who can also pick you apart given a little time. Let's see if he's learned anything from this game.

You'd think he would have learned by now after having faced a Drew Brees and a Cam Newton.

Not sure what happened in the 4th, but I know many teams make the mistake of going with a Cover 2 Zone too early to protect a lead, and it often gets them beat. I understand using it when the opposing team is out of timeouts and they have to drive the length of the field. But we gave ATL everything they wanted underneath the entire 4th qtr, and they methodically strung together a couple of long drives for TDs with time to spare.
Share 49ersWebzone