LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 301 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The day that Anthony Carter switched uniforms with Jerry Rice. Niners finished 13-2-0, were #1 in points scored 459 points (30.6/g), allowed 253 points (16.9/g), 3rd. Differential of 206 points (13.7/g), 1st.

Everyone always talks about the 3 peat and the 90' NFCCG, but that game right there really derailed a legitimate chance at 4 in a row. Although they got smoked so it's hard to play the what if game but that 87' team was awesome.

by the same token you could say in 1988 team got lucky to win it all. thats the problem with the what if game.

They didn't get lucky, they fumbled to 10-6 and got hot in the playoffs. I'd rather be 10-6 and hot going into to the playoffs than 15-1 like '87 and get upset.

The '88 team propelled us to '89 when we blew out Denver 55-10 in the Super Bowl

Hey, there goes John Candy Harris Barton is hyperventilating and Joe just deadpans that and everyone is back on focus. Still my favorite drive ever, with the Goal Line Stand being #2.

you must not remember the pick being right in billups hands.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this one time, I spend about 1 quarter waiting for beer. Get back to my seat, dude behind me knocks down my beer. hurt...........bad.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
IWASATTHEWEWANTCARR

Hey, whatever happened to him, iwasatthecatch. I haven't noticed him around. Is he still here?

heard he fell off the wagon. homeless drunk.

Hopefully he makes it back, like Eason Ransom did

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Eason-Ramson-Full-Circle/3d1eeb29-3ceb-4525-867e-6f402bd1af21

And that story shows you just what kind of person Walsh was
  • Jiks

Guess the SB wasn't at the stick...
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Dec 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Antix:
Probably the Kyle Williams second fumble. The first one I knew was going to happen and felt bad afterward for jinxing it. The second one got me and I friggin died. I can't believe he ever returned punts after that.

Losing to the Packers in 97 was bad too. I just remember we couldn't do s**t in that game and it seemed so easy to the Packers to beat us.

The 97' Loss was all Mariucci's fault, we had a hot Terry Kirby who had been filling in for an injured Garrison Hearst but Mooch played Hearst more and he clearly wasn't himself and that made the 49ers one dimensional and the packers played nickel formation all game because they knew we couldn't run the ball on them. Shoulda started Kirby and shoulda kept running the ball with Kirby to keep Farve off the field. Our defense that game looked really slow even though they were number one all year, they played like they were a step behind Antonio Freeman, I swear Antonio Freeman only stood out vs the 49ers for whatever reason. vs other teams Freeman was above average but vs the 49ers, he became Jerry Rice North.

That was the first season i started watching the Niners as a fan.
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
Kyle Williams.

Pretty much every game Smith played aside from the Saints game.
[ Edited by TyCore on Dec 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM ]
My very first game at the stick... I was sitting right where kyle williams fumbled away ghe superbowl....
Preston Riley
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
My very first game at the stick... I was sitting right where kyle williams fumbled away ghe superbowl....

You f**king jinx.
Originally posted by JD81:

You f**king jinx.

yeah f**k you its your fault now

Originally posted by xtm059:

You f**king jinx.

KW was distracted by a damn candlestick noob in the stands with a young2Rice handle to top it off
Originally posted by xtm059:

You f**king jinx.

DEAR MODS:

Please change Young2Rice's username to Fault4FumblingawaySB.
Only have been to Candlestick twice, both losses.

First one was October 11, 2009 where we lost to the Falcons 45-10.

The second one was the infamous NFC Championship game where Kyle Williams fumbled twice. I do have the 2nd VD touchdown on video, which I'll post when I get home.

#farewellcandlestick
A brawl against some black kids while trying to get homerun balls during batting practice. Damn, those guys were tough! We beat the crap out of them, but they gave as good as they got until we finally overwhelemed them with sheer numbers.
The opening series in the 1992 NFC championship game when we went deep to Rice and the play got called back for some BS reason. We lost to the Cowboys that year.
Share 49ersWebzone