There are 161 users in the forums

Most painful memories/moments at the Candlestick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For me it was the Kyle Williams fumble. I am 23 and i never really got to experience much of the glory days. I did see Steve Young play but i was pretty young. I was also at the game Kyle Williams fumbled so it hurt bad.
alex going 1/13 on third down in the biggest game of his life
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

You mean the team? Not to mentions WRs only having 1 catch for 3 yards. Painful stuff to watch.
K
Y
L
E

W
I
L
L
I
A
M
S
Originally posted by pdizo916:
K
Y
L
E

W
I
L
L
I
A
M
S

T
H
I
S

I wasn't old enough to consciously recollect anything else that hurt more

But wait..he's a big star now!! He almost did the same thing in his last game..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Roger Craig's fumble in the NFCC game against the Giants. Most painful of all time. Kyle's fumble a close second.
Kyle Williams... probably the sole reason Alex Smith is not a 49er right now... guarantee they don't trade a superbowl winning QB the next year.

yet still better than the opposing QB who won the Superbowl.... Their only points at the end were directly from Kyle Williams. Don't act like Alex wouldn't put up points with 2 freebie fumbles.
[ Edited by NinersGiants on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:14 AM ]
Steve Young getting KO'd by Aeneas Williams!
[ Edited by NJNiner on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:46 AM ]

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
2003-2010
THIS!!!!
Originally posted by NJNiner:

That was in arizona
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by NJNiner:

That was in arizona
Was it? Ha! my bad!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Antix:
Probably the Kyle Williams second fumble. The first one I knew was going to happen and felt bad afterward for jinxing it. The second one got me and I friggin died. I can't believe he ever returned punts after that.

Losing to the Packers in 97 was bad too. I just remember we couldn't do s**t in that game and it seemed so easy to the Packers to beat us.

The 97' Loss was all Mariucci's fault, we had a hot Terry Kirby who had been filling in for an injured Garrison Hearst but Mooch played Hearst more and he clearly wasn't himself and that made the 49ers one dimensional and the packers played nickel formation all game because they knew we couldn't run the ball on them. Shoulda started Kirby and shoulda kept running the ball with Kirby to keep Farve off the field. Our defense that game looked really slow even though they were number one all year, they played like they were a step behind Antonio Freeman, I swear Antonio Freeman only stood out vs the 49ers for whatever reason. vs other teams Freeman was above average but vs the 49ers, he became Jerry Rice North.

Thats interesting. I was too young at the time to really understand why we got whooped but I remember hating that game. Makes more sense now.

I absolutely HATED Antonio Freeman

Lol aaaannd it wouldn't have even mattered if Kyle Williams hung on to the ball just once.
Share 49ersWebzone