There are 181 users in the forums

Who do you want at OC for the Niners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Greg Roman is a big negative talking point on this forum, and a large margin of our community is asking for his resignation/termination.

For me personally, I think he has great ideas and plays, but can't really seem to pull it together in a steady gameplan.

If you can realistically look into who is possibly available and have them be the new OC next year, who would it be?

Note: This is not another "I hate Greg Roman thread" so please don't make it one. Let's hear who we would actually want since we are so boisterously displeased with our current OC. Have at it!
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
NT

Norv Turner? Niner Talk? Nice Try?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/175649-offensive-coordinator-candidates-around-nfl
Of course, the most important thing in Rathman's favor is that he's part of the 49ers legacy. He played for Walsh and George Seifert. He worked alongside Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Roger Craig. He coached side by side with Bobb McKittrick in the offensive-line guru's final years.

He knows what it means to be a 49er, how much hard work went into those great teams, how much pride was instilled. It's a connection that has been largely lost in the York era. It's an intangible that couldn't be provided by Jim Fassel or Scott Linehan.

He's one of the few from the 49ers dynasty who has chosen coaching. When he retired after the 1994 season, he paid his dues at Serra High and Menlo College before coming to work for Steve Mariucci. He is highly regarded around the league and will definitely have options.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_11382435
just keep his playbook and have someone else call the plays.
Norv Turner MIke Martz can open up a offense and he would love kaeps arm or Mike Shannohan when they fire him from the Redskins but with his ego he would never be a OC again.
…me!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Jimmy Raye. Let's play this s**t on hard mode.
Originally posted by Raul98:
Norv Turner MIke Martz can open up a offense and he would love kaeps arm or Mike Shannohan when they fire him from the Redskins but with his ego he would never be a OC again.

no martz he gets qb's killed.

we really don't need a new coordinator

let roman design the plays let someone else call them.

im sure there's a vault with the offense we're all dreaming of that he locks up at night and puts the key around his neck and walks out whistling you'll never find by lou rawls
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/175649-offensive-coordinator-candidates-around-nfl

Didn't see that, I would ask the mods to merge. But there has been nothing of worth written yet. Might as well get rid of the thread. Lol

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
I'm cool with whatever. It's not like the team sucks.

Try posting again when they get less than ten wins in a season.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

im sure there's a vault with the offense we're all dreaming of that he locks up at night and puts the key around his neck and walks out whistling you'll never find by lou rawls

Roman please we beg of you release them lol
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

Roman please we beg of you release them lol

and that's a pretty bad ass song he needs to play it in the booth while he call games.

and that's a pretty bad ass song he needs to play it in the booth while he call games.

I don't know if we're ready for Lou Roman. Lighting incense and wearing a silk niner's robe glasses fogged up from the steam of mangini in the hot tub playing cards with eddie d

might loosen up the play calling though.

Jim: What's the call
Roman: Uh, hang a sec.. "someone to looooove youuuu the way i doooo" *shimmies in his seat* um, what down is it? Uh yea, Throw it to crab, everybody block.. hey can I call you back?
Jim: What? Come on man What? Call..we're on headseats
*Roman looks up*
Roman: Thank God, I thought you were just a voice in my head
Share 49ersWebzone