LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 235 users in the forums

OFFICIAL Goodbye Candlestick Park

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfanSince81:
I know it's time for it to go, but I'm not looking forward to moving to a new stadium, which will have absolutely no atmosphere on TV (none of the new ones do). I will miss getting a look at the light hitting the fog in night games on punts and kickoffs.

I also roll my eyes at the likes of Joe Montana whining about the field being wet in December and January. The rain/wet field was our only introduction to actual elements in pro football. It doesn't get very cold in San Francisco in the winter, doesn't snow. The only thing identifiable about that time of year, the late season/playoff time of year, is the rain and mud and slick field. Fans showing up in raincoats and the field turning into tufts of grass and mud, pissing off Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith. What's next, is Brett Favre going to whine about the snow at Lambeau?

In Santa Clara, it'll be perfect conditions, 24/7. Boring, uninspired, unidentifiable football games with no ambiance. Just another addition to the changing times, where the world turns into a thin, plastic iphone.

I can tell you haven't been in that area before
It looks amazing from photos last night. It'll be 40 years when they move back to the city.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Santa Clara...middle of nowhere.
I know it's time for it to go, but I'm not looking forward to moving to a new stadium, which will have absolutely no atmosphere on TV (none of the new ones do). I will miss getting a look at the light hitting the fog in night games on punts and kickoffs.

I also roll my eyes at the likes of Joe Montana whining about the field being wet in December and January. The rain/wet field was our only introduction to actual elements in pro football. It doesn't get very cold in San Francisco in the winter, doesn't snow. The only thing identifiable about that time of year, the late season/playoff time of year, is the rain and mud and slick field. Fans showing up in raincoats and the field turning into tufts of grass and mud, pissing off Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith. What's next, is Brett Favre going to whine about the snow at Lambeau?

In Santa Clara, it'll be perfect conditions, 24/7. Boring, uninspired, unidentifiable football games with no ambiance. Just another addition to the changing times, where the world turns into a thin, plastic iphone.

I am pretty sure Joe Montana has earned that right.

Wait.....what?
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Experience-The-Closing-of-The-Stick/aa7ecaa5-8341-466b-b640-a523e4ab082c

One of my favorite things about watching Niners games is the beautiful shots of the city. I miss the Bay. That's where I was born and spent a lot of my childhood. Do we still get the gorgeous panning camera shots of the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz, the bridges and the cable cars ascending the hills? Or do we get the Six Flag parking lot?
She deserves another playoff game or two...
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
One of my favorite things about watching Niners games is the beautiful shots of the city. I miss the Bay. That's where I was born and spent a lot of my childhood. Do we still get the gorgeous panning camera shots of the San Francisco skyline, Alcatraz, the bridges and the cable cars ascending the hills? Or do we get the Six Flag parking lot?

I really enjoy that, too. And I've wondered the same thing.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

I really enjoy that, too. And I've wondered the same thing.

Even during Raider broadcasts...guess which city they show more of ?

People act like Santa Clara is near the Mexican border or some place

I've never been to Candlestick, but I will always remember it. So much hatred but it still has history and that will never change!
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Lmfao
It will be like Aerial America, a fine show that has great aerial shots of cities, historical sites, water, farms, forests, freeways, animal life...there is a lot of stuff within a short blimp trip and it doesn't all have to be live, so they can produce it.
We all knew the day would come when Candlestick is no more but now its becoming a reality soon she will be gone forever.

I will miss walking through the projects & being asked if i got any tickets & the smell of the BBQ's in the air.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Demolition-of-Candlestick-Park-Underway-New-Development-Replacing-Stadium-290783791.html

was hoping for a big bang to send her off...damn SF natives fk up another thing that deals with the 49ers
Share 49ersWebzone