LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 444 users in the forums

Inability regarding wr's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mod's this is different from the other Baalke thread

This is focused just on the inability with regard to wide receivers

There is the Josh Gordon Thread in NFL Talk (he has 1400 yards, what could have been if there was a trade on the table)

The Keenan Allen talk

We just signed Wylie, there was the thread about Lockette now performing back up again in Seattle

We drafted AJ Jenkins who will go down in 49ers lore as probably one of the worst WR draft choices ever, up there with Bassmaster Woods

Crabs is not a bust but we swapped AJJ for Baldwin. Baldwin is 6'4 with 4.47 speed. He actually performed a little in KC

Why couldn't the coaches get anything out of Baldwin, or AJJ, or Lockette.

Like others have said, they went with Kyle for 8 weeks all the while Ninertalk was saying he was garbage, trade for Gordon, play Baldwin, etc.

We have 2 Wrs under contract for next year.

Is it coaching ala Jerry Sullivan before where he had "his guys."

We have so many picks but WR has become such a weakness, although having Boldin, Crabs, and Manningham healthy is a good trio.

Did they just think it would be those three?

I liked what little I saw from Patton but now he will be inactive from here on out.

I think this is a huge problem and more fundamental that will prevent this team from getting to its max capacity.

Vernon had 11 TDs and is 3rd in the league in TDs. That is great and not a problem.

Why can't we find and develop WRs when teams like SD can (Allen, and before that guys like Vincent Jackson)

Don't hate, participate
[ Edited by English on Dec 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
You really couldn't come up with a different thread title?

I thought this thread was gonna be NSFW when I clicked.
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Dec 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I hate you Chaz, I just almost spit soda out my nose

The other Baalke thread was created in the middle of a losing streak with a bent on blaming him

We are in the middle of a winning streak. The point is that this is a clear weakness in the past and going forward

Is it coaching (morton), drafting (baalke) or scheme?

I'm not surprised by ChazBoner's post doe lol

Baalke has been good at finding corners (Brock, Morris, Cooper) and edge rushers (Aldon, Lemonier). The five (5) key positions on the field are:

QB
LT
WR
DE
CB

Baalke has nailed 4 out 5, and 4 out 5 dentist recommend Trident to their patients have black holes, or chew gum lol
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Yea this hate Baalke sh*t is really becoming over kill N dumb ....
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

As it turns out, it probably is not safe with that gif
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Sorry to disappoint, but, Chaz didn't lol

Maybe Baalke's Bozo Bumblings?

A black hole is a star that has imploded from whence light cannot escape. Like our WR position
I think his problem drafting WRS is the Misconception that we need to draft "speed" recievers. I disagree with the need for Speed wrs. You need recievers who can separate using route running and strength and route anticipation. Look at Crabs nowdays, he was never a burner yet he can create space with his size and strength. And back in the day look at Jerry Rice, Cris Carter and Michael Irvin, none of those guys were burners yet each one of those guys was a GAMEBREAKER by creating space and route running. Alshon Jeffrey last 12' draft coulda and shoulda been a 49ers. And then Baalke had Keenan Allen fall in our laps at #55 and he takes a Guy called Ronald MCDonald. Shoulda took Allen and then TE Jordan Reed afterwards just like my MOCK.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I think his problem drafting WRS is the Misconception that we need to draft "speed" recievers. I disagree with the need for Speed wrs. You need recievers who can separate using route running and strength and route anticipation. Look at Crabs nowdays, he was never a burner yet he can create space with his size and strength. And back in the day look at Jerry Rice, Cris Carter and Michael Irvin, none of those guys were burners yet each one of those guys was a GAMEBREAKER by creating space and route running. Alshon Jeffrey last 12' draft coulda and shoulda been a 49ers. And then Baalke had Keenan Allen fall in our laps at #55 and he takes a Guy called Ronald MCDonald. Shoulda took Allen and then TE Jordan Reed afterwards just like my MOCK.

And this is why we dont need more Baalke threads.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I never said I hated him, did I?

Not hardly.

WR is his weakness, his achilles heel (sorry crabs)

I heard something on the radio (KNBR) today that you younger generation types are now defined by hating

Hence, these "Beats" ads - you either have to hate or hate on your haters.

Thus, the ads have Kaep or Garnett walking through a sea of haters

I'm NOT hating

I'm pointing out a serious flaw, a serious weakness, something that will prevent this team from getting to the next level

Sorry you think that is beating a dead horse

You weren't around on the forum as a member during the Jerry Sullivan days. That was a different issue -- he had "his guys"

I haven't heard that about Morton -- does he just suck?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Why is each sentence a new paragraph?
Originally posted by Disp:
Why is each sentence a new paragraph?

Usually, its the opposite criticism -- a run on paragraph. LOL.

Paragraphs are the new ALL CAPS lol. j/k

I wasn't trying to write in paragraphs, BING BANG, BONGO with a topic sentence for each sentence together with 3 clustered sentences in each paragraph related to the topic sentence.

Strunk and White don't play for the team lol
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I never said I hated him, did I?

Not hardly.

WR is his weakness, his achilles heel (sorry crabs)

I heard something on the radio (KNBR) today that you younger generation types are now defined by hating

Hence, these "Beats" ads - you either have to hate or hate on your haters.

Thus, the ads have Kaep or Garnett walking through a sea of haters

I'm NOT hating

I'm pointing out a serious flaw, a serious weakness, something that will prevent this team from getting to the next level

Sorry you think that is beating a dead horse

You weren't around on the forum as a member during the Jerry Sullivan days. That was a different issue -- he had "his guys"

I haven't heard that about Morton -- does he just suck?

I think Morton needs to be replaced with someone better i also think u give a guy more then a yr to develop before u pull tha plug h*ll we kept JJ Stokes around 7yrs stinkin up tha place N gave up alot to get him ...Besides crabtree N AJ we havnt used high draft picks on WRz ...
Share 49ersWebzone