LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Article: The 49ers need Kaepernick to play like Smith on Sunday

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
To be fair, Alex beat the Hawks at home last year with his dink and dunk passing game

Wouldn't count on Seattle scoring 6 points either though

I agree, dinking and dunking our way to 13 points is not going to cut it this week.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Dec 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
To be fair, Alex beat the Hawks at home last year with his dink and dunk passing game

Wouldn't count on Seattle scoring 6 points either though

I think we can handle them like earlier then the season. Defense only crapped out because our offense couldnt do s**t
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
I see what the OP is getting at, and I agree. I think this game will be won if Kaep can use his checkdowns more than he has all season. Maybe, use his checkdown as his second read instead of 3rd or 4th. I think he is going to have very little time this game, with the o-line issues were are having. So, hes going to have to be more decisive. Get whatever he can every single play whether its 2 or 3yds, just keep it positive, and not force things. Also, use his running ability instead of 3 reads, just pick up positive yds.

did boldin get any seperation from sherman in game #2? has crabtree struggled vs the seahwks physical play from their dbs...yes and yes...that is why the niners should expect same to continue on sunday, and look for other ways to attack their defense

what has fairness got to do with this?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So we want Kap to have a worse quarterback rating and worse QBR rating, punt the ball a lot, and hope our defense scores points for us and we win by one point?

This is going to help us how? Kap has only one more interception than Smith. Is that what this is about?

Kap's five best games are better than Smith's best game.
Kap's three worst games are worse than Smith's worst game.

Do you want to put a speed limit on your racecar during a race, to be extra sure it doesn't crash during the race? You play to win the game, not to avoid losing it.

really--name them please
Alex blows, that is all. Kap needs to play like Kap when he on fire because the Niners will NEED lots of points, because the Hags can put up lots, even on our D..Pretty simple actually..Go Niners ~ Beat the Seahags Into the Ground!!
same thing goes for Russell Wilson. Wilson needs to play mistake free football or the Niners are going to eat that ass up.

Period.

No homo
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
We'll have to be on our "A+" game in all 3 phases. PLUS the coaches have to be very AGGRESSIVE and lose the keep it close crap.

We have a talented roster - let the men play.

This is a "Playoff" game and a "Statement" game.

Kap needs to play his game and nobody else's.

What a freaking breath of fresh air; I couldn't agree more! NINERS!
I'm going to go out on a limb here:

..whichever team makes the least mistakes is going to win this game..

LOL
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm going to go out on a limb here:

..whichever team makes the least mistakes is going to win this game..

LOL

I'd say that's a pretty strong limb lol

Thread Title.

"The 49ers need Kaepernick to play like Smith on Sunday"

Roman plan.

"offense needs "chunk plays" against the Seahawks"
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
It's not about trust, the o-line flat out needs to give him more time. I think people really undersell the effect the poor pass-pro has played in the games Kap has looked bad. I think O-line play is the biggest key this weekend. They need to open lanes in the running game and give consistent time for Kap and the receivers in the passing game.

He's has plenty of time this year, he gets sacked forgetting there is a thing called pocket. Instead of standing or stepping up into it, like he will hopefully learn to do one day, he freaks out and runs backwards, left, or right, directly into where the passrushers are. He's showing very bad footwork and pocket presence this season. Not sure why but it is making it seem like the line is playing worse than they were last year when they aren't. Hopefully he gets over those bad tendencies quickly.

The above is pure BS. For much of the season and especially against the better teams 70% of offensive snaps looked like fire drills with the opposing defense just running right though our Oline. What made these rushes even worse was they they were many times run defense rush blitz', so when there was no run they were already in Kaps face, hanging on him, or chasing him out of the where the "pocket" should have been, but never was. As they chase him out they have penetration on the left, and right of him=no where to go, and nothin to do..

It's been a huge problem;pass protection, for our Oline. This year I have been getting a big laugh when media says our Oline is one of the best. What, the best at making our QB to look like a rodeo clown running for his life, not being able to go though even 2 reads before his time is over..jeusus christos.........!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Thread Title.

Roman plan.

LOL. Point taken.

Seriously though, we need both. We need the steady gains that come with short, quick throws. We also need chunk plays to score points and build big momentum.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 5, 2013 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Thread Title.

Roman plan.

LOL. Point taken.

Seriously though, we need both. We need the steady gains that come with short, quick throws. We also need chunk plays to score points and build big momentum.

This is precisely why I hope they have stressed this week the following that I commented earlier:

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If the deep pass isn't there, don't force the ball into double and triple coverage like he has the tendency to do for much of the season.

If the defense has clamped down on us early, Kaep needs to bide his time, be patient and eventually, that play will open up and it will be like heaven just opened up with angels singing -- and THAT will be his moment -- he can let it fly and we can start to run away with it. Once they start to respect us deep, the running lanes for him will open up too.

He must exude patience. If he can do that, and gets a little help from some creativity from Roman, we will eventually get those chunk play moments in the game.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone