There are 234 users in the forums

O-Line Going Fwd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not the least bit convinced Kilgore is even an average center. If (when) Boone comes back, I think it's a matter of time before Marcus Martin shows he's the better player. Maybe after an entire season, but Kilgore can't sniff Martin in terms of talent.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 10, 2014 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I'm not the least bit convinced Kilgore is even an average center. If (when) Boone comes back, I think it's a matter of time before Marcus Martin shows he's the better player. Maybe after an entire season, but Kilgore can't sniff Martin in terms of talent.

^^^This.
Bykowski and Seymore have both been playing well as of late
Has Marcus Martin been underwhelming, or has Kilgore exceeded expectations? After the draft, I heard a lot of people saying that Martin had a very good chance of being a day-1 starter.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Has Marcus Martin been underwhelming, or has Kilgore exceeded expectations? After the draft, I heard a lot of people saying that Martin had a very good chance of being a day-1 starter.

Didn't get to rewatch but how did Martin hold up first preseason game? I thought I read somewhere it was underwhelming but it's preseason so who knows
Marcus Martin is (I think) the youngest player in the NFL right now. At least I haven't seen a younger one. He's probably just not ready yet, but I think he will be very soon. At least by mid-season IMO.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 10, 2014 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by SnotBubbles:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

^^^This.

Agree physically Martin is better than Kilgore who is ok but weak vs the run
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Didn't get to rewatch but how did Martin hold up first preseason game? I thought I read somewhere it was underwhelming but it's preseason so who knows

He did NOT play just came off NFI he should get playing time soon but the kid is gifted

Let the man have at least a week of practice for goodness sake.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 10, 2014 at 11:31 PM ]
I don't believe the Alex Boone trade rumours. But if they're true, it's a shame they couldn't get last year's O-line plus an acclimated Marcus Martin together. Goodwin was atrocious, but I think the Niners' O-line could be amazing with a good center. And I think using Martin at guard would be a waste of his ability; he could be a pro bowl caliber center IMO, but I think he'd just be an ok or good guard.

If Thomas can come back strong next year & Martin wins the center job, that could be a nasty OL.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 11, 2014 at 10:19 AM ]

Share 49ersWebzone