There are 170 users in the forums

O-Line Going Fwd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by thl408:
Whichever (or both) Trent re-signs, I hope he leaves some space for trying to extend GDorsey. That NT position gets shallow and unproven after Dorsey. I would value Dorsey over Iupati.

Youre joking right?

Dorsey plays maybe 40% of the defensive snaps.

Iupati is an extremely valuable cog on the best OL in football and plays 100% of the offensive snaps.

His point is still valid though. The great news is that Dial is stepping up big time as I had hoped and Harbaugh said TJE is also getting some work in there as well...and oh yeah, take your time healing Ian Williams!

It's going to be fun having the slashing Williams & Tank inside with Aldon and either Brooks/Lemonier pass rushing at once! A QB is going to get de-neck'd!

and then we will be flagged for a 15 yarder.......
  • thl408
Whichever (or both) Trent re-signs, I hope he leaves some space for trying to extend GDorsey. That NT position gets shallow and unproven after Dorsey. I would value Dorsey over Iupati.

Youre joking right?

Iupati is an extremely valuable cog on the best OL in football and plays 100% of the offensive snaps.

Not joking. I am considering cost versus productivity. Iupati will more than likely get paid top dollar. I agree with you that Iupati is all that you said. However he will cost much more than Dorsey.

As a hypothetical, I'd rather have Boone + Dorsey rather than just Iupati.

Youre joking right?

Not joking. I am considering cost versus productivity. Iupati will more than likely get paid top dollar. I agree with you that Iupati is all that you said. However he will cost much more than Dorsey.

As a hypothetical, I'd rather have Boone + Dorsey rather than just Iupati.

Meh

I would rather have Crab+Boone than Iupati+Dorsey.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
How about Crab + Pati over any other combination
Originally posted by Chico:

Sure but that is the most expensive combo, so its the most unlikely.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:

Sure but that is the most expensive combo, so its the most unlikely.

rich people can afford to eat that on daily basis
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-49ers-will-try-extend-iupati-crabtree

"The sides are not believed to be remotely close to new contracts for either Iupati or Crabtree, according to multiple sources.

'We're going to try,' Baalke said. 'We're going to work at it, certainly. But at some point, you got to stop negotiating deals and let these guys concentrate on playing football. I don't know what point that is. We'll make that determination as a club
.'"
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jul 28, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

"The sides are not believed to be remotely close to new contracts for either Iupati or Crabtree, according to multiple sources.

'We're going to try,' Baalke said. 'We're going to work at it, certainly. But at some point, you got to stop negotiating deals and let these guys concentrate on playing football. I don't know what point that is. We'll make that determination as a club
.'"

Watch neither resign
o-line going fwd? hell yeah, it beats going backward
This means we have to keep Snyder now

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Been wondering what to do w/our OL situation. We know we have the depth, each and everyone of the guys can play.

But w/ Boone holding out, and Iuapti continues not wanting to extend his contract, do we just sign of them now and trade the other??

Can we possibly create a package Boone or Iuapti along w/LeMichael James and send them to either Jets or Giants for 1st rounder?

Seriously? A young lineman who is holding out and an injured returner for a 1st rounder?

Um, how dumb do you imagine other teams are?

Some are extremely dumb. The Browns and buffalo come to mind.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

.'"

Watch neither resign

One other reason to do a trade (if this can't be worked out before the regular season starts) is to avoid distractions during the season - on our drive to the super bowl.
Originally posted by Giedi:

.'"

Watch neither resign

One other reason to do a trade (if this can't be worked out before the regular season starts) is to avoid distractions during the season - on our drive to the super bowl.

Can't give in. We may look like dicks, but players and agents will know not to test us. Boone will look like an ass throwing a hissy fit in a non contract year. An it's not like he's on a s**tty team either.
Can't give in. We may look like dicks, but players and agents will know not to test us. Boone will look like an ass throwing a hissy fit in a non contract year. An it's not like he's on a s**tty team either.

We won't. Can't set the precedent. I predict he will be back toward the middle/end of camp. Just enough time to claim his starting spot. If he holds out into the season and doesn't get a trade, he's stuck here in a backup role. The 49ers hold all the cards. Boone needs to be careful, or else he might f**k himself badly.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kilgore-establishing-himself-center-49ers-line

Kilgore establishing himself in center of 49ers' line

The 49ers may have invested a third-round draft in a center, but fourth-year player Daniel Kilgore has given the team no reason to look elsewhere in their search to replace veteran Jonathan Goodwin.

While the 49ers have gotten up-and-down from their fill-ins on the right side of the line, Kilgore appears to be the clear front-runner to earn the starting job over rookie Marcus Martin. One of the biggest chores for a center is identifying fronts and communicating adjustments. Kilgore has excelled in that area after serving in an apprentice role under Goodwin.

The 49ers' first unit has gotten a lot more work in the past two days of practices with the Ravens' first-team defense. Kilgore has benefitted greatly – and more than held his own – in numerous matchups against Ravens defensive linemen Haloti Ngata, Brandon Williams and Chris Canty. There have even been times when he's found himself working against Terrell Suggs.

"I feel great," Kilgore said. "The nice thing is being here with Baltimore is they give you different looks. It's not always the same look that we're used to, going against our team or in-division teams. It's nice to have that breakup. You have to pay attention more to what you're doing.

"Those are stout studs on their defensive line. They got a hell of a defense. So it is nice to change it up, so you're not always going against Tank (Carradine) or Quinton (Dial) or some other guys all the time. It's been good. It's been good for us."

If Kilgore has this locked down in the staffs eyes we should expect to hear about them taking a long look at Marcus Martin at RG.
Share 49ersWebzone