LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 141 users in the forums

Revised thoughts on the rest of the year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have a great D, and bad O right now. Sticking with original prediction of 11-5, getting the 6 seed. I believe we will face the Lions in the WC round, and escape Detroit with a W, then going to Seattle and losing a CLOSER game than in September. I'm coming to the realization that we just aren't that good passing the ball, and Crabs isn't going to make that much of a difference to put us over the hump. Our D and ST has to play lights out (2011) and get hot with the TOs and win field position battles. If the run D doesn't improve, we won't make it to the big dance.

Seattle and Carolina have the "it" factors this year, so I see them both making a deep playoff run.

Call me crazy but I think the Panthers are for real and after beating the Saints in the Dome, can really see them going into Seattle and beating them in the NFC Champ game. Payback for Week 1?
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM ]
If we do end up the 6 seed, with a streaking healthy team, it's gonna suck to have the 3 and 1 seed...

Crabtree really is a game changer, Before this year I considered him to be good, but not great due to non elite speed and leaping ability, now I'm starting to think he has a Jerry Rice type skill set, making him great... Looking back he's always open, and YAC is good.. Maybe we should pay him...
What Im hoping for. 11-5 getting hot when Crabtree comes back and making it in as the 5th wild card spot. Go on a run to win the superbowl.

What my brain is telling me. 10-6, borderline 6th/7thseed.
I pity the fool who thinks the Niners can beat the Hawks in Seattle this year. Super bowl or bust so essentially this season is over.
[ Edited by Loco49er on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by bigmur49:
We all made predictions at the start, I believe I was 13-3 and win the Super Bowl.

Just curious with a couple days to calm down what the state of the fan base is?

Personally I believe Harbaugh and co. deal with the adversity, get a little more basic in the offensive game plan to slow it down for Kap and we finish the season 12-4. I think they start slow against Washington, then get going and don't look back. Seattle game is a game changer in the season as they come in super cocky and get punched in the mouth.
Unfortunately they need to go through the Wild Card, winning in Detroit, then beating New Orleans in the road. They go to Seattle for the NFC CG and after an incredible battle back and forth, the Inconvemient Truth slips free for a 30 yard TD in the last couple minutes to seal the win. It will be the defining run of his career when he is inducted into the HOF.

We then go to a frozen Super Bowl, and as he usually does in cold weather games Manning plays a little off and has Justin and Aldon on him all game. It is not a blowout as the weather hurts both teams passing, but you get the feeling the game was never in doubt and Niners win 27-17. Kap is Super Bowl MVP throwing 2 td and running in another.

Justin Smith retires in the post game locker room press conference.

Predictions?

cocaine is a hell of a drug!!
We are either breaking new ground in terms of setting the stage for an epically bad pass offense, rebounding to win the Superbowl in this era or....we are just not that good this year. Calls not going our way, balls not bouncing our way. Some years you have it. Some years you don't. This is a don't kinda year.

So, chance to revise my thoughts on this year? Yes, please! I'll take 9-7, unfortunately (3-3 down the stretch). I think we drop one of the next two games, unexpectedly. These two are tougher than their record would indicate. I think we lose to Seattle too, undoubtably. We have not shown that we can even hang with them for the better part of a year. I think we have too many injuries and too high of expectations coming into the season and it all wears on us resulting in a loss to Arizona. I don't think we make the playoffs.

On a cheerier note, I hope this seasons serves as a wake up call to the team that our offense must drastically change and that our QB needs to focus on passing accuracy in the Bay Arean and not foot speed in Atlanta in the offseason. I hope we actually spend in free agency for quality compliments (veteran WR). That we draft a bit more humbly for explosive offensive playmakers. I also hope we don't come near giving Kaep a $20 mil per year deal this offseason. It will hamstring this franchise for the next decade. An off-season for reflection, I hope.
IMO, our passing offense starts picking up. I started seeing better short passing in the beginning of the saints game and if that keeps progressing, we'll have crabtree, boldin, manningham and vernon to throw to. All of which Kaep has shown to be very comfortable with. I'm hoping Roman has enough freaking sense to let Kaep air it out a little at least to TRY and build some better chemistry with the receivers. We'll definitely need it if we're gonna build any kind of late season surge.

Harbaugh and Roman provide the same answers for the offense that have already: i.e. none.

Kap looks like he's starting to lose confidence. He is looking way to much at the sideline, not enough at his own teammates in the huddle.

When Gore dropped the ball, Kap looks over to the sideline like he is checking in on harbs.

Wrong. he needed to get back with Frank -- say it's all right, inspire some confidence in the huddle and call the same damn play to the other side, because it worked 100%. Gore was so open there were tumbleweeds around his a**. (Roman could have thought of that too).

Instead Kap checks back with daddy. Don't like it. Don't like the way that's going at all.

If you can't connect with the huddle, man, you are in the wrong QB business.
Nothing's changed for me. I'll paraphrase what I said here during the summer:

The division has gotten better, we've gotten worse.
We'll be lucky to get into the playoffs, much less win the division.
Seattle is the better team.
Russell Wilson is a better QB than Kap
Kap is not the QB everyone thinks he is, once defenses figure him out he'll fizzle.
Running QB's don't win superbowls.
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh, and him lying to the team, would bring bad karma to our team.

Nothing's changed for me, and everything, unfortunately, is coming to pass.

we have one more card to play - Crabtree. If his return fuels the offense and takes us deep into the playoffs, pay the man whatever he wants. We obviously suck without him.
Originally posted by Pinchi:

Kap is not the QB everyone thinks he is, once defenses figure him out he'll fizzle.
The betrayal of Alex Smith by Harbaugh, and him lying to the team, would bring bad karma to our team.

OK Darren
The attitude should be 'win out or bust. ' The end of the season is prime time for us to get hot. By Week 16, this season's current powerhouses will be seen as teams that peaked too early.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Nov 19, 2013 at 3:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Pinchi:

We'll get the #6 seed and we can make some noise in the playoffs. All of our losses have been close (even if the score said otherwise). We have a defense that can carry us, all we need is Kap to hot down the stretch...
Share 49ersWebzone