LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

2013 - Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
FYI: Alex's 2nd year numbers were 16 TDs/16 INTs, not 10/10 as you stated.
I think most rational fans know that Kap is still super green and developing. BUT, the reason why there is much frustartation is becasue we are built to win now and coming off of one play from winning the SB. We aren't in some type of "rebuilding" mode so we as fans are impatient and would like to win now. We know that vets like Gore and the Cowboy are aging and also we can't pay everyone. You don't get a roster like this every year. I think when we made the famous "switch" at QB, the front office and coaching staff did it with the intent that it gives us a better chance to win immediately.

Still, you're right. Not all Kap's fault. We need Crabs back and the coaching staff to go back to the drawing board. Maybe can Mangini. WTF is he doing? Maybe he is getting in Roman's way?
Originally posted by sacniner:
I think most rational fans know that Kap is still super green and developing. BUT, the reason why there is much frustartation is becasue we are built to win now and coming off of one play from winning the SB. We aren't in some type of "rebuilding" mode so we as fans are impatient and would like to win now. We know that vets like Gore and the Cowboy are aging and also we can't pay everyone. You don't get a roster like this every year. I think when we made the famous "switch" at QB, the front office and coaching staff did it with the intent that it gives us a better chance to win immediately.

Still, you're right. Not all Kap's fault. We need Crabs back and the coaching staff to go back to the drawing board. Maybe can Mangini. WTF is he doing? Maybe he is getting in Roman's way?

THIS x100. If we had Kap in 2005 I would be super excited. But unfortunately this is 2013. The core of this team is Gore and Cowboy. When those 2 go we will be hurting something fierce.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

THIS x100. If we had Kap in 2005 I would be super excited. But unfortunately this is 2013. The core of this team is Gore and Cowboy. When those 2 go we will be hurting something fierce.

So you are saying that Kap is not making the players around him better.... like all elite QBs do?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by crabman82:
just responding to the kaep stuff as i have yet to read your entire post. the stuff about drew brees first few years or any other qb in that category about 10-15 years ago, i just dont see how it applies to now. we have all these young qbs in years 2, 3, 4 and 5. thats who he needs to be compared to and when you get down to the bottom of it, its more specifically russell wilson cus of being in the same division. nobody cares about drew brees in 2002. kaepernick is flat out struggling and its tough to watch especially when they roll to commercials and you see him in a bunch of them. he put himself out there this offseason and if he slipped a bit there was going to be a backlash

BS.

Those young QBs are struggling as well. Playing better? Probably. They are still struggling tho.

Nobody cares about Brees in 2002? Sad. You should. Only short sighted people don't use history as a guide. If you don't learn from it you are doomed to repeat it.

Essentially, you have made my point about perspective for me.

The reason not to care about Brees is every QB is different. Does the fact that Brees struggled early on and is now a HOF QB mean we should start working on Kaps acceptance speech?? Would we even be talking about Brees right now if he had signed with the Dolphins? Lets stop with comparisons and just focus on what Kap is and isn't doing.

yeah i'm really put off by the fans who dont grasp the urgency this group of players has.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

So you are saying that Kap is not making the players around him better.... like all elite QBs do?

No. Where did that come from? I'm saying he isn't even currently an average NFL QB. He is young and going through some growing pains. He can't read a defense, he can't make a decision, he is second guessing himself. Right now I would rather have someone like Alex Smith who knows where to go with the ball how to make a decision and with this team we would be going to another SB. Instead we are wasting our best players prime years while this kid tries to learn how to play QB at this level by fueling his fire on twitter and instagram.
Kap is playing like an idiot. Running out of bounds towards the end of the game when we needed the clock to run.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by YungAce:
Drnsfw

finally!
Originally posted by Joecool:
Kap is playing like an idiot. Running out of bounds towards the end of the game when we needed the clock to run.

Also calling timeouts when we don't have any lol.

Kapologists

We'll still make the playoffs. Not worried, yet.
[ Edited by AMBITION on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Drnsfw

finally!

Boom
Originally posted by Joecool:

Also calling timeouts when we don't have any lol.

5 mintues after the last one was just used. you have to know how many timeouts you have, thats was pathetic.
Originally posted by AMBITION:
Kapologists

We'll still make the playoffs. Not worried, yet.

You aren't worried that we haven't beat a winning team all year?

Those teams like the Giants that start off bad and then get hot and win the SB usually beat good teams during the season but end up losing to lesser competition. All the niners have done this year is beat up crappy teams and lose to good ones. We just aren't that good without an NFL QB.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
You aren't worried that we haven't beat a winning team all year?

Those teams like the Giants that start off bad and then get hot and win the SB usually beat good teams during the season but end up losing to lesser competition. All the niners have done this year is beat up crappy teams and lose to good ones. We just aren't that good without an NFL QB.

Well that's clearly not true. We have beaten winning teams.
Share 49ersWebzone