LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

I guess the easy answer is no, but I wouldn't mind getting him on the cheap. He'll get paid in the $10-$15 million range per year and maybe 5 years seems right. So doing the math, he's not a $100 million QB. Negotiating with 1 year left + 2013 regression = discount!
LOL no.
Originally posted by AUniner:
QB in the 3rd for us this year too. Need to have insurance whether Kaep is on the team or not. Our backup situation is utter right now.

It's always a good idea to take a mid-round QB to develop, especially in the upcoming draft when we have a ton of picks. If he pans out, you can flip him for an even higher draft pick, or even become the starter. I still have full confidence in Kap and expect him to snap out of this funk.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
At least a better backup who could create some controversy, somebody out of the 3rd round maybe since everything we draft in the 2nd is f**king garbage.

We need find a backup QB a heck of a lot better than Colt McCoy, that's for sure. I hate bringing up Alex Smith, but at least he was some competition that pushed Kaep.

and to answer this question, hell no.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I guess the easy answer is no, but I wouldn't mind getting him on the cheap. He'll get paid in the $10-$15 million range per year and maybe 5 years seems right. So doing the math, he's not a $100 million QB. Negotiating with 1 year left + 2013 regression = discount!

No way will you be able to sign him at $10 mil. $15 mil yes, that is Matthew Stafford money. But, based on his current performance at this juncture, he is not worth 15. That's just too much.

Best plan going forward is to draft a QB next year and see whether Kap can improve. If not, bench him and try out the rookie and see what he's got.
20140 draft a quarterback with the second round pick from the Chiefs.

Let CK7 play out his rookie contract in 2014.

CK7- 2014- last year of rookie contract 1.2 million

2015 Franchise 20 million

2016 Franchise at a 20%^ premium. 24 million

Voila, there is your 3 year 15 million dollar contract with OUTS every year
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
At least a better backup who could create some controversy, somebody out of the 3rd round maybe since everything we draft in the 2nd is f**king garbage.

We need find a backup QB a heck of a lot better than Colt McCoy, that's for sure. I hate bringing up Alex Smith, but at least he was some competition that pushed Kaep.

and to answer this question, hell no.

That's why we need to draft a QB. That can kill 2 birds with 1 stone, hopefully we can find a dude who is far better than McCoy (which shouldn't be difficult, LOL) and if Kap keeps tanking we can bench Kap and see what the rookie can bring.
wait til his 8th season and we'll find out like we did with ____ on the chiefs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by thl408:
I'll go with 3 or 4 years, $11 per year average. Sounds fair and is a prove it kind of deal (short term). His playoff performance can change this big time.

No way will Kap sign that.

As crap as his performance is right now, I am quite sure if we don't pay him enough come contract time, there will still be teams lining up to sign him and it will be more than $11 mil per year average.

Good luck to them then.

It's been discussed in another thread & AB gave the cap figures for SB winning QB's over the last 10 years. Teams that have paid their QB before a SB win have only won it all 20-30% of the time.

Until the salary cap is increased QB's shouldn't be getting 100M on this team. Doesn't mean it won't happen but I think it would harm our success at this point.

Well, the problem is we are not going to win the Super Bowl anytime soon, definitely not this year anyway. So, I guess based on AB's stats, next year will be all or nothing for Kap.
gonna get this dude for a discount. this s**tty year might end up being very good for the niners. get kap cheaper, aldon f**ked up and probably put off his extension til the end of his rookie deal so we free up money to keep crabs AND iupati and some other dudes. and we can still do damage this year.

This n***a Kap?! HAIL naw!
I said he wasn't a $20M a year QB, or a $120.6M QB like Flacco got. I believe at most $14M is his range for me. He hasn't proven he is a legit franchise QB. Yes he can be one. But the money just doesn't fit with him right now.

I'm not worried about an extension for him, or Aldon, as Aldon will have to sign a deal that has clauses in it over substance abuse policy and etc...

I am more worried about Crabs and Iupati. I would sign Crabs over Iupati. I may get blasted, but Crabs is a legit #1 WR, where we can find another LG in the draft, so many good ones coming up in future years.

Plus we have to consider re-signing guys like Cully, Miller, Hunter, KIlgore, Boldin, Mario, Brock, Brown(Probably not), and mentioned Aldon, Kap.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I said he wasn't a $20M a year QB, or a $120.6M QB like Flacco got. I believe at most $14M is his range for me. He hasn't proven he is a legit franchise QB. Yes he can be one. But the money just doesn't fit with him right now.

I'm not worried about an extension for him, or Aldon, as Aldon will have to sign a deal that has clauses in it over substance abuse policy and etc...

I am more worried about Crabs and Iupati. I would sign Crabs over Iupati. I may get blasted, but Crabs is a legit #1 WR, where we can find another LG in the draft, so many good ones coming up in future years.

Plus we have to consider re-signing guys like Cully, Miller, Hunter, KIlgore, Boldin, Mario, Brock, Brown(Probably not), and mentioned Aldon, Kap.

after this year crabs should be the top priority but i think we can resign both easily with kaps performances this year and aldons legal problems they wont be as expensive as we thought they would be. crab's absence made it that much clearer how important he is and how bad the niners are at evaluating recievers
f**k no. ive been saying it since he was drafted. kid is missing 'IT'. russell wilson has 'it'. andrew luck has 'it'. rg3 and kap DONT.

dude was a gimmick QB. terrelle pryor could've taken us to the NFCCG with how we were playing last year. kap is not good enough to put the team on his shoulder. i want a real pocket passer damnit! i would be SHOCKED if we dont take a QB in the first 3 rounds next draft.
Originally posted by denali22:
f**k no. ive been saying it since he was drafted. kid is missing 'IT'. russell wilson has 'it'. andrew luck has 'it'. rg3 and kap DONT.

dude was a gimmick QB. terrelle pryor could've taken us to the NFCCG with how we were playing last year. kap is not good enough to put the team on his shoulder. i want a real pocket passer damnit! i would be SHOCKED if we dont take a QB in the first 3 rounds next draft.

prepare to be shocked because theres no way we take a QB that early lol. Kap will be our qb for the next decade I think. there are too many other factors going on to blame this all on Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone