LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Advice For The Defense Going In vs.The Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by robniner:
Craig Dahl starting at safety if Reid can't play IS NOT, AND SHOULD NOT, BE THE ONLY OPTION
!!!

The moment I saw #43 on the field, I got a bad feeling.

During the Donte Whitner tackle/strip, Craig Dahl actually got in the way.

Some people have a nose for the ball -- Craig Dahl is the opposite.
Saints have trouble with QB that can scramble. I.e. Newton and Kaep last year. Then Geno Smith this year. But history shows, Saints offense if Brees get pressure with just 4 guys rushing and up the middle. He loves to throw in the middle and to his annoying Sproles. Finally, score when in the redzone. Brees doesn't let up.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Craig Dahl starting at safety if Reid can't play IS NOT, AND SHOULD NOT, BE THE ONLY OPTION
!!!

I would not want to see a sequel of Dahl in the Seahawks game in this matchup because it was an utter disaster; Brees will just throw in his direction.
!!!

I would not want to see a sequel of Dahl in the Seahawks game in this matchup because it was an utter disaster; Brees will just throw in his direction.

Yeah, the drop-off between Eric Reid and Crag Dahl is pretty damn drastic.

He simply isn't very good. If he starts next week, we're going to have to play a lot of soft coverages to compensate.
!!!

He simply isn't very good. If he starts next week, we're going to have to play a lot of soft coverages to compensate.

Can Eric Wright play safety?
How about not playing your CB's 20 yards off the LOB on 3rd and 10 and back-pedaling. Pathetic...it's a Fangio staple.
!!!

Can Eric Wright play safety?

I'm not to opposed to it on situational plays. They should develop 3rd-down specific packages because Craig Dahl's instincts are really THAT bad.
I wouldn't be surprised if Brees came up on the Saint's injury report. He got hit a lot yesterday by Damarcus Ware. Aldon where you at ???
[ Edited by 951NINER on Nov 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
If the offense does not get it going, our defense will tire down because they will be on the field longer then they are supposed to, and Brees will eat us up.

This! Even if we had the #1 defense in the league, Brees and their offense is going to score. Even if Eric and Ray plays Sunday, its a tough order to contain Brees.
Saints suck against mobile QBs. I think you guy's run game may give them fits. Braes gets sacked a lot too since they have no running game except against the worst defense in the league. This game will be interesting.

My advice: eric wright shadow graham, lbs play zone to prevent sproles screens, corners bump wrs at line, and pray we get pressure sending 4
Watch the screens and shut down graham
Have Fangio hire a special agent to swap Roman's offensive playbook with the saints. Will be fun to watch the Saints send their fullback out wide and then send Brees on a scramble into an outside blitz. Ha ha.
My advice for the defense is return any and every turnover for a touchdown because this offense cant score s**t.

Anyone have a stat on what percentage of our scoring has come off of turnovers this season? I do know 6 of 9 points came off turnovers against the panthers.
Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure Pressure and more Pressure.
Share 49ersWebzone