LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 378 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISO 49ERS BYE WEEK THREAD (Week 9)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Perfect time for the bye. Next game we have a pretty good chance of seeing Manningham which hopefully means some production from the #2 wr. Tank might be ready too. And maybe hopefully a sober Aldon.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This is the worst time during the entire season. It feels like waiting for the draft after the SB.

I agree. At least we have the news feed to watch for players returning from injuries and trades.

At least we are going into the Bye with a 5 game winning streak and not a losing streak.

At least we have the greatest* win streak in 49er's history.

Just kidding, that's too positive for me. If there aren't any trades by Tuesday I'll just get my kicks by trolling the Kap thread.

*regular season
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 27, 2013 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
They need to exact revenge on Panthers. This is reverse of when they played last time which was before going to London and now this is after returning from London if I'm correct. All I want for Christmas is a Rams upset tomorrow night. The apathetic home crowd may work against Seadderal as their intensity could suffer from a non-hostile atmosphere.

With the world series going on tomorrow, the rams will be lucky to fill half that stadium up. Seattle wins easily!

Can't count on them losing the rest of the season. We have to beat them just to get even and hope we win the tie breaker which if both ran the table we would be: 1-1 head to head, same division record 5-1, same like opponents (only loss indy), would go down to strength of victory I think. Yeah I think they have the advantage from here on out since they play NO at home and we play them on the road. I just wouldn't count on them losing the rest of the season so neither can we. Not saying they won't I'm just not counting on it.

Just kidding, that's too positive for me. If there aren't any trades by Tuesday I'll just get my kicks by trolling the Kap thread.

*regular season

Is 5 really our longest win streak? I doubt that. I think we tied the record for 5 straight games with 30 or more points but our win streak in the regular season has to be longer than 5?
Originally posted by Gore_21:

*regular season

Is 5 really our longest win streak? I doubt that. I think we tied the record for 5 straight games with 30 or more points but our win streak in the regular season has to be longer than 5?

It's not. But as far as point differential goes, it is. Not as sweet as our away-game win streak doe.
It's not. But as far as point differential goes, it is. Not as sweet as our away-game win streak doe.

Side note... some records for fun:
Indianapolis Colts (2008-2009) won 23 regular season games in a row. The New England Patriots won the most games in a row, including the playoffs (21). The Canton Bulldogs had 25 games in a row without defeat in 1921-1923.

Yeah we have the record for most road wins in a row with 18. That's over 2 seasons without losing on the road.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Indianapolis Colts (2008-2009) won 23 regular season games in a row. The New England Patriots won the most games in a row, including the playoffs (21). The Canton Bulldogs had 25 games in a row without defeat in 1921-1923.

Yeah we have the record for most road wins in a row with 18. That's over 2 seasons without losing on the road.

Did you use Google for that? Or are you rain man smart?
Did you use Google for that? Or are you rain man smart?

I knew about the 18 game road win streak but googled the record for longest nfl win streak.
Need to work on our sacking so we can be ready for Cam and show him a real defense.
Originally posted by robniner:
Need to work on our sacking so we can be ready for Cam and show him a real defense.

more worried about their defense vs us.

They have a legit defense this year.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
"The Niners beat off."

LOL

they better not slip up!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
This is the worst time during the entire season. It feels like waiting for the draft after the SB.

I agree. At least we have the news feed to watch for players returning from injuries and trades.

And I can still get a club sandwich with onion rings any time I want.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by robniner:

more worried about their defense vs us.

They have a legit defense this year.

Totally, their front 7 is one if the best in the league... That being said, I don't think they can hold up against our run attack. Expect another hard-nose running attack with a few trick plays due to the bye.
We need to trade for Jared Allen while Aldon is iffy the rest of season, but I'm sure his salary is astranomical so forget that. It sucks that beginning the season it appeared the Seacawks had a fairly difficult road schedule with at least 2 losable games like Atlanta & NYG but has shaped up as a pretty easy schedule for them as we've seen such teams taking dumps everywhere. We're shaping up to be hard for anyone to beat, but our schedule isn't any easier than it was to start the year because of attrition to certain teams like it has for the Seacawk suckers.
Share 49ersWebzone