LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 368 users in the forums

Niners Contract Extensions 2013

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'd go from Brock, Brown, and Iupati. I really like what I've seen from Tramaine Brock, and I'm hoping he can remain with the team as the 3rd CB. Tarrell Brown is the obvious choice since they are trying to "make it right' with him. Mike Iupati is the third since they began work on this some months back. If they do reach an agreement with Brock and Brown, I'd say Carlos Rogers is all but a lock to be released. Sad thing is, he isn't a bad player. It's just that salary.

Brock can become #2 if he keeps playing like this. Heck he is bordeline #1 CB the way he is playing. He's playing out of his mind right now. Who knew he was such a ball hawk and had real good speed too?

seriously huh! it makes me wonder how the coaching staff didn't see this before
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I'd go from Brock, Brown, and Iupati. I really like what I've seen from Tramaine Brock, and I'm hoping he can remain with the team as the 3rd CB. Tarrell Brown is the obvious choice since they are trying to "make it right' with him. Mike Iupati is the third since they began work on this some months back. If they do reach an agreement with Brock and Brown, I'd say Carlos Rogers is all but a lock to be released. Sad thing is, he isn't a bad player. It's just that salary.

Brock can become #2 if he keeps playing like this. Heck he is bordeline #1 CB the way he is playing. He's playing out of his mind right now. Who knew he was such a ball hawk and had real good speed too?

He wasn't playing like this before.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Brock has been playing good for 3 weeks, Boldin is old, and right now Iupati is in a major slump. Unless they figure right now his value is lower. I dont think those 3 would be the best choices. Iupati will be extended, but I think Boone deserves it more.

I think Brown gets extended, partially because he got screwed in the offseason and we said wed make it up to him. Provided Crabtree comes back strong, he'll get an extension as well.

Boone's contract runs through 2015, pretty sure the guys whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season and next are bigger priorities. Brown might get an extension, but only if his salary demands are reasonable. Brock would be significantly cheaper to extend right now, that's why I see the 49ers looking at extending him, if he continues to play like this, he'd be a great value.

Iupati is injured, he's been having a bad season but let's be reality, for what this team is built to do, he does very well, he's a very important piece.

Boldin right now is the only healthy credible receiver the 49ers have, it'd be foolish for them to not at least kick some rocks around and see what it would take to bring him back for another season or two.

Short extensions usually arent made midseason. At Boldins age, you want to wait until the season is over and hes healthy first.

Iupati might not be 100% healthy, but hes making a ton of mental mistakes as well. Hes missed some pretty easy blocks this year. Id wait to see if he regains his previous form.

I think he is hurting TBH. Like i said he had a similar surgery in College. When i saw he had the surgery in the off season it worried me a bit. Its certainly an injury that would effect a OG negatively. Its the only logical explanation for his drop off in play IMO.

I dont think theres any doubt that hes not physically 100%, but that doesnt explain the lack of focus mentally. Hes gotten a little better recently, but in the first 3-4 games of the year he was a total liability, which is uncharacteristic. He just hasnt looked very focused this year, and has been sloppy.

they should give him some rest next game. have him suit up but have Kilgore or synder start and if by some chance jags are actually in the game in the 2nd half then put him in.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Next year, having Brown, Culliver, Brock and Wright would be nice.

Brown is likely gone next year and who knows what Wright will look like. We'll see.
1- Tramaine Brock
Our #1 corner next year.

2- Bruce Miller
He is a key part of our offense

3- Daniel Kilgore
I think he starts next year replacing Goodwin

4- Kendall Hunter
Lock him up.

We are not paying 25+ mil for Tarell Brown. It just is not going to happen.

We have ALOT of money tied up in the Oline. I'm not sure we can afford Iupati

Then we will look to extend Kaepernick and Aldon next season and decide what to do with Crabtree
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Oct 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
1- Tramaine Brock
Our #1 corner next year.

2- Bruce Miller
He is a key part of our offense

3- Daniel Kilgore
I think he starts next year replacing Goodwin

4- Kendall Hunter
Lock him up.

We are not paying 25+ mil for Tarell Brown. It just is not going to happen.

We have ALOT of money tied up in the Oline. I'm not sure we can afford Iupati

Then we will look to extend Kaepernick and Aldon next season and decide what to do with Crabtree

Hunter, Miller aren't eligible for extensions until 2014 offseason.

I also dont think Brown got screwed, he should of known the contract, after all he signed it. Him and his agent should be at fault. We shouldn't be. Plus we had little cap room to make any type of extension. I can't see him taking less than $6M a yr.

I dont buy Brock as a #1 CB, he is a #3 CB for us, and that works great. We should be able to afford him at $2.5M a year.

Dont forget Cully deserves an extension after 2013, when eligible.

My guess is the biggest guys they want extended are, Brock, Brown, Boldin, Spillman, Iupati and Boone. I also dont see Crabs extension, it's tough call. He is coming back from a huge injury. I would welcome a extension for him, and Boldin. If we get boldin for 2-3 more years, and get Crabs 4-5 extra years after 2014, we are set up for a nice aerial assault from our Wide Receivers.
Brown, Iupati, Crab

Can't be Kap or Aldon...CBA won't allow.
Boldin won't be resigned...will want more than Niners willing to pay
This season has shown Crabs worth. When he's not in there, they have nobody who can consistently get open.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Brown, Iupati, Crab

This season has shown Crabs worth. When he's not in there, they have nobody who can consistently get open.

i dont know about that, they were willing to pay him $6M this year, and if they want him back, they can afford $6M a year average for him.

Crabs is the guy I think will want more than the 49ers are willing to spend.

I think we need to slow down a bit on Brock. He has played well as a Nickel Back, but that's a far cry from a #1 CB.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Brown, Iupati, Crab

i dont know about that, they were willing to pay him $6M this year, and if they want him back, they can afford $6M a year average for him.

Yes, but Crab was better than Boldin and far younger. Boldin hasn't shown he can consistently beat 1 on 1 coverage the way Crab did late last year and Boldin ain't getting any younger. I like Boldin, but he ain't Crab at this point in his career.

I thought they might let Crab walk too...until I saw what this team looks like WITHOUT him. If nothing else, his injury has shown the team how important Crab was to their run last year.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM ]

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Brown, Iupati, Crab

Yes, but Crab was better than Boldin and far younger. Boldin hasn't shown he can consistently beat 1 on 1 coverage the way Crab did late last year and Boldin ain't getting any younger. I like Boldin, but he ain't Crab at this point in his career.

I thought they might let Crab walk too...until I saw what this team looks like WITHOUT him. If nothing else, his injury has shown the team how important Crab was to their run last year.

I disagree. He either is double covered, or does get open on 1 on 1 coverage. He, VD, the Backs, the O-Line, the defense, and STs are the reason we are 5-2
Marvin I agree with AB 81. We are fixed at ball catching positions, Boldin Vance Vernon Baldwin. Our problem is an OC who deigns not to use them. We don't need crbs, we need Roman to use this great O we have assembled. Shame he wasn't part of the drafting program, because then he might have and idea of what kind of passing attack we actually have. Marvin, pin this one on the donkey....in this case roman. Our passing attack is the best talent we have had here in at least 13 yrs.
Crbs? Crbs who? Just joking , but if roman isn't calling passes to vance or Vernon or boldin or Baldwin, why would crbs suddenly change our passing game when we got 4 top flite receivers who go unused? Not gonna buy we need crbs argument.

Well, they DID keep him on the team over Cooper.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Marvin I agree with AB 81. We are fixed at ball catching positions, Boldin Vance Vernon Baldwin. Our problem is an OC who deigns not to use them. We don't need crbs, we need Roman to use this great O we have assembled. Shame he wasn't part of the drafting program, because then he might have and idea of what kind of passing attack we actually have. Marvin, pin this one on the donkey....in this case roman. Our passing attack is the best talent we have had here in at least 13 yrs.
Crbs? Crbs who? Just joking , but if roman isn't calling passes to vance or Vernon or boldin or Baldwin, why would crbs suddenly change our passing game when we got 4 top flite receivers who go unused? Not gonna buy we need crbs argument.

Do you remember a guy named Terrell Owens? Or Jeff Garcia? They put up monster numbers.

But forget that, how about last year?

Last year:
TE: Vernon, Walker
WR: Crabs, Moss, Manningham

This year:
TE: Vernon, McDonald
WR: Boldin, Williams, Baldwin

Our rookie TE doesn't make up for Walker, and Anquan Boldin does not make up for our top three WR's from last year.
1/3 so far!!! good job brock, you deserve it!!! please dont be those players that slack off now that you are paid
Share 49ersWebzone