LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 11)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Just my .02; 49ers got shafted on that call yesterday. Great play and an awesome hit. I'd be pissed too.

Thank you! When rival team fans agree, you know it's a bad call.

everyone except saints fans and former NFL referees with biased agendas agrees it was a horses**t call. Just another step in Goodell's unintentional plan to destroy the game. Rules are being made by f**kers that never have even played football in their lives.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Just my .02; 49ers got shafted on that call yesterday. Great play and an awesome hit. I'd be pissed too.

everyone except saints fans and former NFL referees with biased agendas agrees it was a horses**t call. Just another step in Goodell's unintentional plan to destroy the game. Rules are being made by f**kers that never have even played football in their lives.

they dont just sit back and make up new ones and add them to the rule book. theres a whole process involving the competition committee, many of the members on the committee have played pro ball. jeff fisher is one of the guys on the committee for example.
Originally posted by crabman82:

they dont just sit back and make up new ones and add them to the rule book. theres a whole process involving the competition committee, many of the members on the committee have played pro ball. jeff fisher is one of the guys on the committee for example.

Yeah those committees advise the owners, who end up voting on the rules. I was referring to those guys who are only interested in their investments, NOT player safety and only interested in their legal liability.

They could care less about the players. They only made changes when the players started making multi millions of dollars in the 90s and then more changes when they got sued.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
Favre doesn't even remember his child playing ball, like right down the street from their house.

This is the NFL.

It isn't supposed to be a cupcake bake. If Montana had the protection these qb's are getting right now he would throw for 7000 yards a year.

Still, can't blame it on the refs or the bad call.

Our O game plan is dull.

Yeah those committees advise the owners, who end up voting on the rules. I was referring to those guys who are only interested in their investments, NOT player safety and only interested in their legal liability.

They could care less about the players. They only made changes when the players started making multi millions of dollars in the 90s and then more changes when they got sued.

as far as the hits on the qb go, we're many many years into these rules, i think people need to let it go. if in their minds its become the pussification of the nfl then those fans should probably go watch another sport to occupy them. once the tooth paste is out of the tube, its not going back in.
Although the more I watch that play Brooks had him and did zero wrong. He actually held up.

We should have a W

Screw Goodell
Dang......

Steve Young, Dilfer, and even Ray Lewis are going off about that call on Brooks live on national tv.

I mean like going off for extended time, angry, that they are taking away football as it is meant to be. They all say there is no way that should have been called and are, to the man, disgusted.

They are saying, "even as a quarterback" they don't like the direction this powder puff stuff is going.

They each acknowledged Brooks actually pulled up.

That was a GREAT play by Brooks. Like all time NFL great.

Ok, our offense needs a better plan.

But yeah, we got robbed.

Originally posted by 49erWay:
Although the more I watch that play Brooks had him and did zero wrong. He actually held up.

We should have a W

Screw Goodell

It was a great play. There is nothing a man that big can do to avoid crushing a little p***y wiener like Brees except let grab him and ghently put him down. But then Brees would escape and make a throw downfield. Its a lose lose situation and I don't f**king get it. Why make that s**tty ass call at the worst possible time....

I can understand a first quarter in a non critical situiation. But that was for the game. f**k!

as far as the hits on the qb go, we're many many years into these rules, i think people need to let it go. if in their minds its become the pussification of the nfl then those fans should probably go watch another sport to occupy them. once the tooth paste is out of the tube, its not going back in.

If enough people complain and stop watching, they will alter the rules again to bring back fans. NFL isn't the only sport to reign supreme then plummet to the ground for inconstant enforcement of rules.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Dang......

Steve Young, Dilfer, and even Ray Lewis are going off about that call on Brooks live on national tv.

I mean like going off for extended time, angry, that they are taking away football as it is meant to be. They all say there is no way that should have been called and are, to the man, disgusted.

They are saying, "even as a quarterback" they don't like the direction this powder puff stuff is going.

They each acknowledged Brooks actually pulled up.

That was a GREAT play by Brooks. Like all time NFL great.

Ok, our offense needs a better plan.

But yeah, we got robbed.

Ray Lewis even offered to pay the fine

If enough people complain and stop watching, they will alter the rules again to bring back fans. NFL isn't the only sport to reign supreme then plummet to the ground for inconstant enforcement of rules.

people dont even get out and vote for the leader of the country, people arent going to band together and have some sort of protest. its a cute idea, but its not going to happen.

people dont even get out and vote for the leader of the country, people arent going to band together and have some sort of protest. its a cute idea, but its not going to happen.

Its not a "lets all get together" type of thing. People slowly fade out like fans of s**tty teams with no shot. Why would they want to watch crappy football if their team is out. Its a slow and constant loss of fans that will do it.

Just ask the MLB. They would of though that was a "cute" idea in the 80's and laughed it off. Meanwhile, their sport was becoming corrupt and a joke and people got sick and tired of it and quit watching. Now Baseball is like the third or fourth most watched sports in america.

I'm probably not going to stop. But casual fans might. And if the niners get eliminated, i'm not sure i would watch most games on a Sunday.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]

Its not a "lets all get together" type of thing. People slowly fade out like fans of s**tty teams with no shot. Why would they want to watch crappy football if their team is out. Its a slow and constant loss of fans that will do it.

Just ask the MLB. They would of though that was a "cute" idea in the 80's and laughed it off. Meanwhile, their sport was becoming corrupt and a joke and people got sick and tired of it and quit watching. Now Baseball is like the third or fourth most watched sports in america.

i cant take the comparison from a sport that plays everyday and has 81 home dates a year. its not comparable to the nfl. any way you spin it, we're years deep in this safety era of rules and it hasnt happened yet, infact more people are watching. i understand the sentiment from those who are put off by the rule changes, but its not going to change. for those who are REALLY frustrated by it, i suggest walking away from the game with your memories you have, its only going to become more frustrating as time goes on. i treat this s**t like WWE these days, after a win or a lose all of the emotion is out of it for me.

i cant take the comparison from a sport that plays everyday and has 81 home dates a year. its not comparable to the nfl. any way you spin it, we're years deep in this safety era of rules and it hasnt happened yet, infact more people are watching. i understand the sentiment from those who are put off by the rule changes, but its not going to change. for those who are REALLY frustrated by it, i suggest walking away from the game with your memories you have, its only going to become more frustrating as time goes on. i treat this s**t like WWE these days, after a win or a lose all of the emotion is out of it for me.

I'm not spinning anything. Baseball was america's passtime. At their peak, people didn't think they would fail. Then some poor decisions by guys at the top slowly deteriorated interest and people moved on to something else. It happens and to think it won't happen again to the NFL is short-sided thinking.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]

I'm not spinning anything. Baseball was america's passtime. At their peak, people didn't think they would fail. Then some poor decisions by guys at the top slowly deteriorated interest and people moved on to something else. It happens and to think it won't happen again to the NFL is short-sided thinking.

i hear too much goodell is ruining the game from the same people who tune in every week. what hes doing is working, if at some point fans stop watching, so be it, i dont see that happening but acknowledge i suppose it could. you seem very put off by goodell in some of the posts i've read from you today, when are you going to stop watching? its an honest question btw. i sense you're a lot more pissed about the rules changes than i am for example. i'm wondering when enough is enough from that crowd. i'm not even remotely close to ditching the nfl and not following it.
Share 49ersWebzone