LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Trade Nnamdi Asomugha

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crabman82:
trade this player, trade for that player. these threads become tiresome after a while.

After awhile? They are tiresome right out of the gate.
Aso looked washed up for 2 years in Philly. Never understood why the interest from the 49ers.

I'm very disappointed the people running our team kept Aso and cut Cooper. That's the exact opposite decision of what a supposed astute head coach and GM should be doing. You replace vets who are past it with quality youth worth keeping around to develop not the other way around.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
as an athlete, nnamdi looks old for his age
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.

No, he's played like crap. Dude has struggled in every facet of the game and I really wanted him to do well.

Umm no he hasn't. Pro football focus has him ranked as the third highest cornerback in terms of coverage snaps per reception. He has only given up 4 catches for 63 yards and only been targeted 11 times. Check pro football focus if you're a subscriber or listen to the 'Don't hit the Panic Button' podcast at 30:30 here http://www.49erswebzone.com/podcasts/

He has missed some tackles and was called for an iffy pass interference penalty, but for the most part Nnamdi has played ok. HIs coverage has been pretty solid. Definitely has not played like crap.

This. I don't get where people come up with this stuff. He hasn't played poorly. He needs to turn his head and play the damn ball when it's in the air to avoid possible pass interference penalties, but other than that, he's covered well.

T. Brown has been abused several times this season already. I don't see people claiming he's been bad (personally, I think he HAS been bad so far).
Originally posted by xcfan:
how you guys feel about marcus cooper blowing up over in kc? kinda disappointing, huh?

It is definitely disappointing, but we don't give guys like that a chance around here. He would have been buried on the depth chart, getting little-to-no playing time here.
I thought threads like this were reserved for the off season?
asomugha blows
Any chance Asomugha is shown the door if Wright passes him up too? Nnamdi could be the 5th or 6th corner by the end of the year.
Originally posted by 49ersMVP:
Aso looked washed up for 2 years in Philly. Never understood why the interest from the 49ers.

I'm very disappointed the people running our team kept Aso and cut Cooper. That's the exact opposite decision of what a supposed astute head coach and GM should be doing. You replace vets who are past it with quality youth worth keeping around to develop not the other way around.

Yeah, losing out on Cooper stings. Especially since he's ballin out in KC and Nnamdi is likely going to warm the bench for the rest of the year (if he's not cut). In the future, we need to continue developing around the youth on this team and quit piling up on old, washed up vets that are past their prime. Nnamdi's glory days are far behind him.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]

Okay first of all, some of you don't listen. I said trade him once Eric Wright is activated and playing.
If Wright isn't producing, then sure keep him, but if Wright produces like he has before then Nnamdi becomes expendable
Like some of you said a fifth rounder is a bit much, but a 6th or 7th is definitely doable
I hope Nnamdi can get back 2 his old self, but I don't see that happening

Our depth without Nnamdi

1. Carlos Rogers
2. Tarell brown
3. Tramaine brock
4. Eric Wright
5. Perish Cox
6. Darryl Morris
[ Edited by 707Niners on Oct 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by cciowa:
People keep saying that Nnamdi has played like crap. He has not played like crap. He has played ok. It's just Brock has balled out.

you keep him for depth, we do not even know what wright has.

Exactly. With the veteran depth we have at CB right now, you can argue the niners having the most talented secondary in the league. Plus like you said, we don't even know what Wright has right now. All the niner CB's can be starters on any team basically.

People saying that Nnamdi hasn't played well, he has played well. When he's outthere no one really throws at him. Brock has skills and glad he's a niner, but you can also argue he's gotten his highlight plays off 2 QB's that are not playing well right now (Shaub and Bradford).

Nnamdi is a vet so hopefully he understands that at his age, if he wants a SB, his chances are better staying with the Niners regardless if he's the 3rd or 4th CB.

The numbers disagree with you on nhamdi i believe. He is playing awful. Who has the numbers?

Brock is balling.

ETA: Maybe? Maybe not?
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:04 PM ]
Why would you want a 7th round draft pick for Asomugha? The guy isn't great but he is some solid insurance if Brown or Brock go down later in the year.
sign his brothers coco crisp & steph curry
Share 49ersWebzone