LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 148 users in the forums

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by xtm059:
he barely played, try not to judge people from one game. all of the balls got tossed to Q, because he was on fire. kaep didnt throw mostly to boldin because he HAD to, but because it was just so goddamn easy

The same can be said about Baldwin except a greater degree. He hasn't even played a regular season snap. I mean seriously why trade.for a guy you don't intend on using? Because of Jenkins? What does that even mean?

We do not know if Baldwin will play or not. This is our second game. We have played one game.

The fact that Baldwin has not played a regular season snap does not seem to be particularly important.

I do not expect him to be active tonight, but who knows.

He will be active when he shows the coaches he is ready. If they do not think he is ready, he will not be active.

It seems pretty simple to me.

[ Edited by buck on Sep 15, 2013 at 3:10 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
We do not know if Baldwin will play or not. This is our second game. We have played one game.

The fact that Baldwin has not played a regular season snap does not seem to be particularly important.

I do not expect him to be active tonight, but who knows.

He will be active when he shows the coaches he is ready. If they do not think he is ready, he will not be active.

It seems pretty simple to me.

Doesn't it, though?

Good post.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Baldwin is inactive for this game.

Not a surprise.
Yesterday would of been a perfect day to activate and play Baldwin!
He could of at least gotten off the line of scrimmage
I've had enough of the Seahawks literally chucking Williams, patten, and Moore like rag dolls...
This guy has more catches and yards then those 3 combined yet hasn't been active... Wtf
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Sep 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM ]
There was a replay when Williams was just thrown to the floor which prompted collingsworth to say " Get out of my face " .... That right there is why Baldwin wouldve been good to at least piss off the DB's and loose with at least a little dignity but all the WR's assess got handed to them.
it was patten not williams !
Originally posted by cNiner:
it was patten not williams !

That play was patten but Williams did get thrown around too
All the Recievers including Boldin were Seatlles b***h last night.
And so was Gore and Hunter
And so was Kap
And so was Harbaugh.

And so were we because the as much as you may hate seahawk fans, those Mofos know when and how to cheer.
he sure have been activated we needed him

instead of small wr's

another mistake
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Baldwin should be active and should have been in in the redzone at the very least. We could have thrown a jump ball his way.

I was a bit surprised myself that Baldwin wasn't active. I know he hasn't grasped the playbook fully, but I would think he would know the basic package. Even if he didn't the presence alone would count for something.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pd24:
Baldwin should be active and should have been in in the redzone at the very least. We could have thrown a jump ball his way.

Originally posted by LanceQ:
I was a bit surprised myself that Baldwin wasn't active. I know he hasn't grasped the playbook fully, but I would think he would know the basic package. Even if he didn't the presence alone would count for something.

I agree. I was surprised that knowing how physical their DBs are, we still didn't want to try to counter their physicality with more physical WRs such as Baldwin. We could have just used him on certain packages such as red zone plays even if he doesn't know the entire playbook. I guess we can chalk it down as yet another coaching mistake amongst the millions that have been posted since the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I want to see more Patton and incorporating Baldwin into the rotation. We can not be relying on guys like Moore and Williams to come through. Baldwin has starting experience, play him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
How to use Baldwin:

The play last night where PIT was in the redzone and they threw a jump ball to a 6'5'' Derek Moye. That was his only target and catch in 2 games. He doesn't even play much.
I feel like something is not right with our receiver coaching. Why do we take so long to "develop" receivers into at least active status on Sundays? I would rather have Baldwin out there than Moore. I understand he may not yet have a full grasp of our complicated playbook, but until when do we wait for a receiver to have a full grasp? While I realize that Baldwin hasn't lived up to his first round expectations, Moore has hardly done anything in the NFL, and Baldwin definitely has more talent.
Share 49ersWebzone