LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 216 users in the forums

Baldwins possible debut this Sunday ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Moore has to show more than what he did last game. Not sure Baldwin can't eventually supplant him. Baldwin has more career catches as well just no off season with us under his belt
Originally posted by Disp:
No way Baldwin dresses. Boldin, Patton, Williams, and Moore are gonna be out there.

Gonna have to have more options at Kaep's disposable to keep their defense guessing.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
BOLDIN PATTON VANCE VERNON BALDWIN

Hey, Baldwin doesn't have to know the playbook, he just goes out there and busts one of the CBs each play.

That would just be giving up a receiving option. Seattle will take that happily.
LOL at people continually obsessed with the idea that the way you challenge big, physical corners is by throwing a big physical receiver that they can put their hands all over. How did Calvin Johnson do against Seattle last season? How did Wes Welker do? You beat big, physical cornerbacks with shifty, quick wide receivers who they struggle to keep up with.
Do what we did last week and put VD and Boldin in the slot early and often. Nobody can handle them when they get a free release off the line. Sherman only plays outside so he can press. He can't handle the slot.
I can see Baldwin contributing as a blocker in the run game.
gonna be inactive
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
LOL at people continually obsessed with the idea that the way you challenge big, physical corners is by throwing a big physical receiver that they can put their hands all over. How did Calvin Johnson do against Seattle last season? How did Wes Welker do? You beat big, physical cornerbacks with shifty, quick wide receivers who they struggle to keep up with.

I agree with this. In fact, I think Seattle's corners want you to get physical with them; it plays into their hand. But it's much harder for them to handle quick, shifty receivers, which is why I think Kyle Williams will be important for this game.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Welker plays in the slot, though.

The best way to beat big physical corners is to do the same thing as last week against the Packers. Scheme to get receivers a clean release.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I dont like Boldin's match up this week, I'm thinking Williams and Patton are better suited against these types of corners.

Princess Dicky doesn't switch sides to follow #1 WR. I'd put Boldin on the left, where he can beat up Thurmond, and have Dicksherm deal with McDonald's size/radius and KW's quickness. Leave Vernon to work his normal magic against LBs and Safeties. No need to get too cute.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Princess Dicky doesn't switch sides to follow #1 WR. I'd put Boldin on the left, where he can beat up Thurmond, and have Dicksherm deal with McDonald's size/radius and KW's quickness. Leave Vernon to work his normal magic against LBs and Safeties. No need to get too cute.

I like that approach. Yeah I hope they don't get cute in this game.
Pretty sure we are going to see a lot more of Patton, Baldwin and Gore this weekend.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Pretty sure we are going to see a lot more of Patton, Baldwin and Gore this weekend.

Baldwin is likely to be inactive.
I don't think Baldwin will start this week, but I could see him getting in for a few select plays. He most likely doesn't know the playbook yet, but I'm sure they can come up with a small package of plays where he could have the greatest chance to be successful with.
Share 49ersWebzone