A 40 or 50 yard run right out of the gates would go a long way toward shutting them up and getting our passing game going.
There are 632 users in the forums
Thoughts on our running game (Frank)
Sep 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM
- NinerG94
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,862
Definitely! The run game will be key to us winning this game. Without it we'll be a dead stick up there. Colin won't have the luxury of always being able to change the play at the line of scrimmage and I expect him to be under center a lot more in this game. We all know the 12th man is going to bring the noise.
A 40 or 50 yard run right out of the gates would go a long way toward shutting them up and getting our passing game going.
A 40 or 50 yard run right out of the gates would go a long way toward shutting them up and getting our passing game going.
Sep 10, 2013 at 7:56 AM
- NeeJ49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,580
Frank will get his ...Book It
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
- kingairta
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,788
This team has shown it takes what the defense gives them and makes them pay. GB sold out to stop the run. As a result they give up over 400 yards of passing. Look at last year. I'm not worried about the running game. As for Frank and I formation vs pistol. Of course he will like the I formation. Better its what he grew up on. Change is hard for people to accept. One season isn't enough for a guy like frank to get use to. ESP when you don't run it every play. Once teams go back to being balanced on defense Frank will do wonders again and Frank will be happy.
Sep 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM
- verb1der
- Member
- Posts: 15,613
The truth is, Gore is no longer the centerpiece of the offense, it's Kaepernick. So unlike before, our formations no longer revolves around what Frank is comfortable with. He's now just a role player, and I think he's perfectly fine with that as long as the team is winning.
I actually like it now because I prefer an offense that revolves around the QB, and at the same time, Gore won't get used and abused.
I actually like it now because I prefer an offense that revolves around the QB, and at the same time, Gore won't get used and abused.
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,658
Originally posted by kingairta:
This team has shown it takes what the defense gives them and makes them pay. GB sold out to stop the run. As a result they give up over 400 yards of passing. Look at last year. I'm not worried about the running game. As for Frank and I formation vs pistol. Of course he will like the I formation. Better its what he grew up on. Change is hard for people to accept. One season isn't enough for a guy like frank to get use to. ESP when you don't run it every play. Once teams go back to being balanced on defense Frank will do wonders again and Frank will be happy.
this! The only real adjustments I'd like to see made in terms of the running game would be to severely limit or complete trash the stupid jumbo package and for the team to use Hunter more. Kendall looked explosive and I would love to see how teams react with both Gore and Hunter in the game together with a motioning TE to act as the FB, hell maybe even have Miller in the game also. Really hope we use all of our RBs this year, I know LMJ didn't have a good PS but he ran mostly behind our 2nd/3rd string lines and IMO it will be a different story when he's playing behind the "real" 49ers OL.
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM
- LifelongNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,770
Originally posted by verb1der:
The truth is, Gore is no longer the centerpiece of the offense, it's Kaepernick. So unlike before, our formations no longer revolves around what Frank is comfortable with. He's now just a role player, and I think he's perfectly fine with that as long as the team is winning.
I actually like it now because I prefer an offense that revolves around the QB, and at the same time, Gore won't get used and abused.
I think this approach favors us/Gore because when the need arises for us to simply pound the rock (huge leads or a weak rushing defense), we can get in the I and run.