There are 305 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 4)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Please post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it. All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.
If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat: http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: Where: St. Louis

When : Sunday, Sunday 26, 2013

Time: 5:25 PM PST

Post all your pregame musings in this thread. All other threads will be merged or locked. Go niners!
No possible way this team travels on a short week to the Rams to win. We complete 2 passes in a half on offense. This is not an NFL offense. It's clear the defense has also dropped off. We can't stop anybody anymore. Plus the read option is worthless this year. All the WR's and TE's are hurt. Coaching and play calling are questionable.

Forget the division. That's done. It's the Seahawks. Forget the wild card. I don't think we are making the playoffs. We will get a high draft pick.
Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Our read option has done nothing but HURT our REAL run game.... Unless we go back to what worked in 2011, we will lose.

Agreed. We've gotten too damn fancy.
I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

It has stacked more people in the box making Gore worthless. With Gore worthless we are not the same. This thing still runs around Gore and the O Line and the running game.
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right about their record come next weekend. Rams have their number, with or without Jackson it will be tough to win there in a short week.
s**t...,maybe we should have convinced Kleenex to fund the building of our new stadium.
Omg it's doomsday in San Francisco Oooooh

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I expect 1-3 to be honest. No confidence in this team until Harbaugh and Roman admit the pistol read-option does not give us the best chance to win anymore. We need to go back to the type of football that's proven to be successful for the last several decades.

I'm nearly 100% certain we will be 1 - 3. I'm in the 90's right now for betting on 1 - 3. We just won't win that game.
Originally posted by trogdor:
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right about their record come next weekend. Rams have their number, with or without Jackson it will be tough to win there in a short week.

A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Week 3 is a little premature but it is still a good barometer

The funny thing is that if da bears beat the steelers tonight 3 NFC divisions will have a 3-0 team at the top of the standings, cowboys are 2-1 for the east, with the 1st wild card going to detroit at 2-1. Then the 6th seed is a 7 way tie of 1-2 teams, including us, the falcons, packers, and eagles.

The first 5 weeks of this season is the tough part of our schedule but after the week 5 game against Houston, we could very well enter week 6 at (1-4) but more likely 2-3 expecting a win over either STL or HOU, then we play ARZ, TEN, JAX, CAR and win all 4 games and be 5-5. Then it is a dog fight for the wildcard for the rest of the season.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
I really don't want to give up on this team so early already, but heck, the way they're playing, even making the playoffs on a wildcard seems to be a reach.

Yes, our offense looks like they have taken a step back.

Yes, Kap can definitely get better, honestly he looks like he's on the verge of a slump

Yes, the receiving core outside of Boldin looks destitute.

Yes, the secondary (with the exception of E. Reid) is

BUT I think the glaring issue that has got to be addressed if we want to turn all of this around, is figuring out what our identity is offensively. They say they want to get the running game going, yet it seems that Roman has based the entire offense around the gimmicky read-option pistol offense which limits Gore, makes the running game practically nonexistent, and puts more emphasis Kap's arm. Not to mention, the whole league has figured us out, they've caught up and know how to defend against it. Everyone realizes this except the coaching staff apparently. Who do they think they're fooling? This isn't college football, the NFL evolves at a rapid pace and it's time they go back to the drawing board and do the same. The team will continue to get chewed up and spit out until adjustments or changes are made. I suggest we wipe the dust off the 2011 playbook and start from there.

I still have hope that we'll turn things around but there's still a huge chance we don't even make it into the playoffs and we'll go into a mini, temporary rebuilding stage. But hey, maybe we need it to come back even better for next year.
Yall are all forgetting about one things. Will also be playing without our best defensive player.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I really don't want to give up on this team so early already, but heck, the way they're playing, even making the playoffs on a wildcard seems to be a reach.

Yes, our offense looks like they have taken a step back.

Yes, Kap can definitely get better, honestly he looks like he's on the verge of a slump

Yes, the receiving core outside of Boldin looks destitute.

Yes, the secondary (with the exception of E. Reid) is

BUT I think the glaring issue that has got to be addressed if we want to turn all of this around, is figuring out what our identity is offensively. They say they want to get the running game going, yet it seems that Roman has based the entire offense around the gimmicky read-option pistol offense which limits Gore, makes the running game practically nonexistent, and puts more emphasis Kap's arm. Not to mention, the whole league has figured us out, they've caught up and know how to defend against it. Everyone realizes this except the coaching staff apparently. Who do they think they're fooling? This isn't college football, the NFL evolves at a rapid pace and it's time they go back to the drawing board and do the same. The team will continue to get chewed up and spit out until adjustments or changes are made. I suggest we wipe the dust off the 2011 playbook and start from there.

I still have hope that we'll turn things around but there's still a huge chance we don't even make it into the playoffs and we'll go into a mini, temporary rebuilding stage. But hey, maybe we need it to come back even better for next year.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A short week + travel + the Rams have our # + their stadium + the way our offense is playing. We aren't winning that game. I'd be surprised if it's close.
Share 49ersWebzone