• Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Tolz looked bad and Harbs probably wanted another qb in to compete. Chances are Wallace gets cut and BJ grabs the 3rd spot or we cut both, roll with 2 qb's, and put BJ on the PS.

Put BJ in the PS ? LOL. The guy will never clear waivers.

What if Wallace balls out in the next game ? Or may be Harbaugh won't even give him the chance and cuts him before the game perhaps ?

Every year the zone has a favorite that will never clear waivers and he magically does. Teams aren't going to risk roster spots for an unproven 7th rounder. If he takes the 3rd spot great, if not we run a good chance of snagging him for the PS.

Exactly. Not every team is looking to pick off the 9ers roster and not every team is cherishing a 7th round rookie QB the way us fans are lol.

One team might...Seattle. Brady Quinn is their 3rd-stringer right now, behind Tavaris Jackson and of course Wilson. I don't doubt for one second that they'd dump Quinn (who doesn't really fit their scheme) and replace him with a guy who plays exactly like their starter.

And no biggie if a team does claim him or sign him no big loss. Baalke and Harbaugh can always pick up another just like him or better...dude was a 7th round pick that's it.

And you're probably right that it wouldn't be a big deal...I just like the kid and think he's the closest I've seen in his very SSS to what Russell Wilson can do with his arm and legs. The game doesn't seem to big for him, he's got a strong/accurate arm and is really tough to tackle in the open field. Great skills for a developing 3rd stringer, IMO.

Oh no doubt the kid has skills, I'm just tired of putting so much energy into a 3rd or even a 2nd string QB unless of course they were drafted in the first three rounds. And I'd definitely take him over Wallace, I just wouldn't lose sleep if he wasn't a 9er.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
can they just trade him already
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
It was an unnamed league personnel exec source who told Cam Inman that BJ will be signed elsewhere once the 9ers waive him.

Signed to the PS or a final roster? I would imagine most teams first selection on the PS would be a more valuable position like OL, DB etc. This could be BS afterall...rememeber Colt was being traded a week ago.

I presume he meant roster.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I would like to see Daniels make the 53-man roster.

The kid is young and has shown enough for me to think he could develop.

Wallace might offer more immediately, but I go with the young kid.
  • buck
  • Veteran
DDD
[ Edited by buck on Aug 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
I would like to see Daniels make the 53-man roster.

The kid is young and has shown enough for me to think he could develop.

Wallace might offer more immediately, but I go with the young kid.

The kid has speed lets try him as a returner
No way we should cut Daniels based on his performance, but just like Ntae Dvais, we don't see the whole picture regarding Daniels. Although 3rd string QB should be a spot for a project QB, bringing in Seneca was a bad omen for Daniels, especially given how quickly Harbs named Colt primary back up. I think that if Daniels knocks it out of the ballpark and Seneca doesnt against the same scrubs, Daniels will get the nod. Harbs wants to see if Daniels buckles before the pressure or not. I don't even remember Seneca playing last week.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
No way we should cut Daniels based on his performance, but just like Ntae Dvais, we don't see the whole picture regarding Daniels. Although 3rd string QB should be a spot for a project QB, bringing in Seneca was a bad omen for Daniels, especially given how quickly Harbs named Colt primary back up. I think that if Daniels knocks it out of the ballpark and Seneca doesnt against the same scrubs, Daniels will get the nod. Harbs wants to see if Daniels buckles before the pressure or not. I don't even remember Seneca playing last week.

He came with less than a minute left, played like three snaps.
I'll say this: JH and TB are doing their jobs. We are guessing. They , OTOH, are figuring ways to turn cuts into 7th round picks, or get game plans via Seneca, or gosh only knows what. We are playing checkers. TB/JH are playing chess...in three dimensions and a fourth dimension in time. These are not your ordinary GM/HC. These guys go for the gusto. Also, they aren't afraid to hurt someone's feelings.... and they are shrewd, sharp, and don't mess with them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Harbaugh will be the driving force behind any decisions made about which quarterbacks get cut, which make the team, and how they fit on the depth chart.

I really am not worried about his capacity to evaluate quarterbacks.
After all, it really seems that he understands playing quarterback and what it takes to do it well.

Harbaugh played quarterback at the University of Michigan for three years. In 1987, he finished third in the Heisman balloting.

He was a first round pick in the NFL draft in 1987 He played quarterback in the NFL for fourteen years.
In 1995 he was selected All Pro and named the Comeback Player of the Year.

At USD, at Stanford, and at SF, he has been proven to be very adept at working with and evaluating quarterbacks.

He did well with Alex Smith and appears to have done well with Colin Kaepernick.

Apparently, to the chagrin of many, he has named Colt McCoy the #2 quarterback. He still has some decisions to make.

Harbaugh's qualifications speak for themselves. He will do whatever he thinks is necessary to make this team a better team.

But, he is a mere mortal, and there are no guarantees. He will do his best. He will make mistakes. Big deal, that is what happens in life.

If he cuts Daniels, he cuts Daniels. If he cuts Wallace, he cuts Wallace. If decides to keep Wallace and Daniels, and trades McCoy, that is what he does.

I am just going to try to enjoy the ride.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM ]

And no biggie if a team does claim him or sign him no big loss. Baalke and Harbaugh can always pick up another just like him or better...dude was a 7th round pick that's it.

What difference does it make if they found him living in the drainage ditch next to the practice facility, or if he was the first overall pick? The player is good. You can't just magically spawn a good quarterback from the next draft simply because you did so before. In the same way we can't just draft another Kaepernick in the second round next year, or another Gore in the third round etc.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
There we have it, the Bills are starting a 22 year old undrafted free agent rookie called Jeff Tuel even after they have also signed Matt Leinart as a back-up. But, why ? Are they trying to destroy the franchise ? I doubt it. Open up your minds folks, you can have all the experience in the world like Grossman and Leinart, when it comes down to it is whether the person can play football, is that simple.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The Bills are a mess.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
The Bills are a mess.

I don't know whether they are a mess. But, in the Colts game, the kid's stats were 19/23, 212 yards and 2 TDs which is a heck a lot more than I can say for McCoy, man !! LOL.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I wonder what the quarterback rotation is going to look like against the Chargers.

I would like to see the snaps split evenly between Wallace and Daniels with the rookie getting the time with the first team.

No injuries. No starters. Back up Bowl!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone