There are 221 users in the forums

49ers Looking To Trade/Release Colt McCoy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Had a feeling he'd be the odd one out (in the end)... he and Tolzien been sucking, but Tolzien is too familiar with the system and cutting him would just be like saying "hey girl (carroll), want some inside info on our playbook"

He has some mobility and is pretty tough, but he's still not the real McCoy
The right move is to trade him to the Bills, Jets, Raiders, Jags etc. to keep him from landing in the division or on a contending team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Harbaugh announces McCoy as backup QB

SAN FRANCISCO -- Colt McCoy wrapped up the 49ers' backup quarterback on Sunday night, coach Jim Harbaugh said.

"I feel real good about Colt as the backup quarterback," Harbaugh said after the 49ers' 34-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night at Candlestick Park.

"He reiterated that to me, too," McCoy said.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-announces-mccoy-backup-qb
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Harbaugh announces McCoy as backup QB

SAN FRANCISCO -- Colt McCoy wrapped up the 49ers' backup quarterback on Sunday night, coach Jim Harbaugh said.

"I feel real good about Colt as the backup quarterback," Harbaugh said after the 49ers' 34-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night at Candlestick Park.

"He reiterated that to me, too," McCoy said.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/harbaugh-announces-mccoy-backup-qb

Fark !! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
won't believe Harbaugh until Colt makes the final 53
So do they cut Wallace immediately? I feel like BJ Daniels is a lock to make the roster because some team is for sure to pick him up from PS. Doubt we roll with 4 QBs so Wallace and Tolzien are the odd men out.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersss:
So do they cut Wallace immediately? I feel like BJ Daniels is a lock to make the roster because some team is for sure to pick him up from PS. Doubt we roll with 4 QBs so Wallace and Tolzien are the odd men out.

I certainly hope not. Let's play Wallace and see what he can do next game. BJ has to be a lock for #3 otherwise he won't clear waivers. Tolzien is toast no question. It should be between McCoy and Wallace. That pick was stupid, this guy can't handle pressure.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by boast:
Maioccio says Colt is the backup.

and AJ Jenkins and Ricardo Lockette are #1s

I'm just saying what he said on his Twitter. He quoted Harbaugh.

i quoted Harbaugh too

Well it is entirely possible Harbaugh is saying that just to drive the price up for him lol

^This.
Harbaughs trying to get a better deal. Simple. Colts outta here within the week.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Maioccio says Colt is the backup.

and AJ Jenkins and Ricardo Lockette are #1s

I'm just saying what he said on his Twitter. He quoted Harbaugh.

i quoted Harbaugh too

Well it is entirely possible Harbaugh is saying that just to drive the price up for him lol

^This.
Harbaughs trying to get a better deal. Simple. Colts outta here within the week.

This is kind of how I picture Colt McCoy in about two weeks.

• buck
  • Veteran
August 25, 2013 Harbaugh leaves no doubt: McCoy is his No. 2 QB

It wasn't exactly a definitive performance. Colt McCoy was 11-15 for 109 yards with an interception in the 49ers' 34-14 win over the Vikings. But afterward, Jim Harbaugh left no doubt that McCoy, who was the subject of trade rumors earlier in the day, was the top backup for Colin Kaepernick heading into the season.

"He was accurate with his throws," Harbaugh said. "I thought he was plus, plus tonight."

Earlier in the day, an NFL.com report said the 49ers were making and receiving calls about trading McCoy, not a farfetched scenario considering his struggles this preseason and the fact the 49ers signed Seneca Wallace, their fifth quarterback, on Thursday.

Harbaugh, however, dismissed the report as "speculation." "If it's on the Internet it must be true," he said archly.

McCoy did verify that he restructured his contract on the eve of today's game. He was due to earn $1.5 million this season. A league source told The Bee the new salary was the league minimum for a veteran - $630,000 - along with incentives.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/harbaugh-leaves-no-doubt-mccoy-is-his-no-qb.html#storylink=cpy

MM and MB seem to believe that Harbaugh has decided to make McCoy the back up quarterback.

But, apparently there is some doubt. I started a thread and it was locked. Guess, we have to wait.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Eric Branch wrote this

Colt McCoy will have punier paychecks this season, but it appears he'll begin the regular season with a title that's worth quite a bit to him: 49ers backup quarterback.

A day after McCoy restructured his one-year, $1.5 million contract, he had his best performance of the preseason in a 34-14 win over the Vikings at Candlestick Park.

After McCoy completed 11 of 15 passes for 109 yards with an interception, Jim Harbaugh stopped just short of officially naming him the second-string quarterback when the 49ers open the regular season against Green Bay on Sept. 8.

"I feel real good right now that Colt's the backup," Harbaugh said.
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/08/25/harbaugh-on-mccoy-i-feel-real-good-right-now-that-colts-the-backup/

I guess if he stopped just short of officially......, it might just be a ploy to get a 4th round pick in a trade for McCoy.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM ]

Let Colt sit the year and look good during garbage time. We can get more for him later down the line.
  • buck
  • Veteran
McCoy Named 49ers No. 2 QB ( according to the team web site.)

The 49ers have their No. 2 at the No. 1 position.

Shortly after San Francisco's 34-14 exhibition victory over the Minnesota Vikings, Jim Harbaugh announced that offseason addition Colt McCoy would spell Colin Kaepernick under center if need be this coming season.

"I feel real good right now that Colt's the backup," the coach said.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/McCoy-Named-49ers-No-2-QB/5073d5cc-8f31-44db-95fc-05eb6bdf43fe
[ Edited by buck on Aug 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
This is the second biggest mistake after Jenkins. Just when I thought I was feeling better with the WR situation and this happens. Sigh...
I have watched every game this preseason and don't really get the Colt hate honestly. He has been playing with the #2's against the oppositions #1's most the preseason and shows surprising mobility. He also has the strongest arm of any of the back ups.

We gonna go with old man, been in town a few days Wallace?

We gonna go with weak armed and slightly immobile Tolzien?

No I get it we will go with BJ im nearly as short as the midget up north that people like to bag on and a rookie ta boot Daniels.

If given rational thought, Colt is our best option right now like it or not. I think it would be a mistake to go into the season with anyone else as the #2. My opinion, take it for what it's worth.
There is no way McCoy has the strongest arm of the backups ... more likely the weakest.

There is too much McCoy hate, but he hasn't been good.

Looks like it's going to be McCoy #2, Daniels #3 ... but we'll know in a week.
Share 49ersWebzone