There are 141 users in the forums

**Update*** 49ers sign Seneca Wallace

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We should give Trent Dilfer a call, he loves this team
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninermedic:
We should give Trent Dilfer a call, he loves this team

They can call me anytime, I love this team too.
That's a good point, there's no way you could play worse than McCoy this preseason. He has a sub-30 passer rating...worse than if every pass he threw was incomplete
Originally posted by Rascal:

LOL. Youre one cheeky focker mate I swear
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Rascal:

LOL. Youre one cheeky focker mate I swear

But, if you think about it, calling Trent Dilfer is not much better than calling you or me really. LOL.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That's a good point, there's no way you could play worse than McCoy this preseason. He has a sub-30 passer rating...worse than if every pass he threw was incomplete

It was a complete train wreck, I can't honestly remember when was the last time I saw a QB with a 28.5 passer rating. LOL.
if BJ has another game like last week, he should be the backup
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

maybe he is and maybe they are looking at wallace is they just do not like what we have behind BJ?
Nothing more than another ploy by the FO to push both Tolzien and McCoy to do their best. That said, why they both have looked horrendous, I'm not ignoring the fact that the OL's have been even worse (incluidng the starting OL) re: pass protection and even run blocking (constantly in 2nd and longs and ZERO outside runs).
Yup, hard to judge with no help what so ever up front or in the basic plays they were given. The way the coaches are doing this means that judgements are primarily made at practices. Maybe poise can be measured as they are thrown into impossible situations, but little else. Montana would look bad under these conditions.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nothing more than another ploy by the FO to push both Tolzien and McCoy to do their best. That said, why they both have looked horrendous, I'm not ignoring the fact that the OL's have been even worse (incluidng the starting OL) re: pass protection and even run blocking (constantly in 2nd and longs and ZERO outside runs).

Judging by all the criticism to McCoy and Tolzien you think people would realize it too.

I think he's excused this season though because he's still learning the playbook. If anyone gets cut it's Tolzein, he has no excuse, he knows the playbook well and still struggles. At this point he's worthless to the team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

maybe he is and maybe they are looking at wallace is they just do not like what we have behind BJ?

If they prefer Wallace over BJ, that will be yet another grave error in judgement.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Judging by all the criticism to McCoy and Tolzien you think people would realize it too.

Not that people don't realize of the crappy 2nd and 3rd stringers O-line, but sorry, BJ Daniels also played with that very same crappy O-line.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Don't think people are truly watching everything around them (even though both have played identical). I'm more worried about an experienced OT than our backup QB situation (worried about that as well though).
Share 49ersWebzone