LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 217 users in the forums

If its truly a "MERIT"ocracy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
We have heard Harbaugh and Balke both say everything is earned and that this team is Meritocracy. If so...

Then the following get cut:
AJ Jenkins
Joe Looney
Ricardo Lockette
Tolzien

The first two are high draft picks but after week 2 preseason game both are not ready and are being outplayed (meritocracy). If they stick around and earn an undeserved spot because of their draft status then Harbaugh and Balke are all talk.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I think your right,it will be interesting to see what they do.

I think Looney makes it,Aj could be done.
AJ gets rag dolled down the field every time he runs a route,seems like he has no chance of getting open.
Originally posted by Amir:

They can't cut AJ Jenkins. Sorry i just don't see them eating up all that $$$$$, they could try to trade him
Originally posted by Montana1977:
I think your right,it will be interesting to see what they do.

I think Looney makes it,Aj could be done.
AJ gets rag dolled down the field every time he runs a route,seems like he has no chance of getting open.

AJ is just straight mancooter. Reshaun Woods Part Deux.
Noez
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Amir:

That's pretty good. lol
If they do cut Looney, and AJ, that'll be 3 players from the Brutal sleep walk 2012 Draft. I do gotta ask, Were Baalke & Harbaugh even awake in April 2012?? They have missed on every picks and they reached hardcore for LMJ!!!! As good as 2011 was, 2012 draft is just as bad!!

I didnt see any WR play significantly better than Jenkins this game... which isnt exactly a ringing endorsement for him, and probably having more to do with the poor QB play than WR play. Collie and Hall definitely outplayed him in game 1 though.

Looney has not played well at all. No idea if there is a better alternative though.
Tolzien i'd like to see cut immediately so we can bring someone else in. Maybe a vet... no idea who is out there, but there's gotta be someone better than him.

With the poor play of our backups i think we're seeing the results of basically going 0-6 (we'll call LMJ a hit-by-pitch) on last years draft and having 4 injured players from this years draft class.
I would meritocrAZZ dat redbone/AZN chick poooosay TBPH IMHO
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If they do cut Looney, and AJ, that'll be 3 players from the Brutal sleep walk 2012 Draft. I do gotta ask, Were Baalke & Harbaugh even awake in April 2012?? They have missed on every picks and they reached hardcore for LMJ!!!! As good as 2011 was, 2012 draft is just as bad!!

Why draft so many injured players in 2013? Were getting little contribution for a draft in which we were loaded.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Why draft so many injured players in 2013? Were getting little contribution for a draft in which we were loaded.

There are many questions there. But, 2012 was a disaster. They overgraded both Jenkins and LMJ. We got totally creamed by the Giants and I will never forget it. Is just frustrating when we had higher picks than them and ended up getting shafted. Sigh...very disappointing indeed.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rtj03:
We have heard Harbaugh and Balke both say everything is earned and that this team is Meritocracy. If so...

Then the following get cut:
AJ Jenkins
Joe Looney
Ricardo Lockette
Tolzien

The first two are high draft picks but after week 2 preseason game both are not ready and are being outplayed (meritocracy). If they stick around and earn an undeserved spot because of their draft status then Harbaugh and Balke are all talk.

The proof is in the pudding. If they keep Jenkins it will set a precedence that it was all BS about meritocracy. That is why Baalke will need to think about it seriously. If you look at all the recent articles on the subject, heck the media is practically daring Baalke.
Share 49ersWebzone