There are 186 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS GREEN BAY PACKERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by facestabber:
Make no mistake it is a Superbowl win or a failure.

I do not think, so.

But, you can feel however you want.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Anyone know if there's going to be a chat going during the game?

nobody ever goes to the chat anyway. everyone just posts in the gameday thread.
Love this forum. Packers fan here. Earlier this week I picked SF to win, 34-27. Mostly due to some hammy injuries in 3 starters on D. If Burnett can't finish the game, Davis will kill us up the seam. Though Packers fans can only speculate since we weren't shown anything to date, Mike Neal seems to have been annointed this game's "secret weapon" on D. If you hear his name during the game it means bad news for the 9ers. We're missing a ballhawk this week, Hayward, but his replacement, Hyde, is going to be something special, only a rookie now. If his name comes up, it will also be bad for the 9ers. Even the #1 pick this year, Datone Jones, isn't 100% so tough to see how he contributes vs a stellar O-line. Gotta love a bunch of #1 draft picks making up an O-line!

I have no idea how RB Lacy will shakeout, for our O-line only looked good vs the Rams this preseason. I think the coaches are very impressed, so he could be a difference maker today on 3-5 big runs (while all the others he makes will likely be 3 yards and a pile of dust). Rodgers will definitely get hit a bunch, but he's definitely going to throw 2-3 TDs on your revamped secondary.

As we near the actual kickoff, my gut tells me this will be a Packers team behaving much more like they did against Houston last season on national TV. If Burnett has a great game, this one is going to end in disappointment for 9ers fans. But that's a huge if...

Good luck! Hope the refs are on their A-game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is there a game today ?
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarkingPumpkin:
Love this forum. Packers fan here. Earlier this week I picked SF to win, 34-27. Mostly due to some hammy injuries in 3 starters on D. If Burnett can't finish the game, Davis will kill us up the seam. Though Packers fans can only speculate since we weren't shown anything to date, Mike Neal seems to have been annointed this game's "secret weapon" on D. If you hear his name during the game it means bad news for the 9ers. We're missing a ballhawk this week, Hayward, but his replacement, Hyde, is going to be something special, only a rookie now. If his name comes up, it will also be bad for the 9ers. Even the #1 pick this year, Datone Jones, isn't 100% so tough to see how he contributes vs a stellar O-line. Gotta love a bunch of #1 draft picks making up an O-line!

I have no idea how RB Lacy will shakeout, for our O-line only looked good vs the Rams this preseason. I think the coaches are very impressed, so he could be a difference maker today on 3-5 big runs (while all the others he makes will likely be 3 yards and a pile of dust). Rodgers will definitely get hit a bunch, but he's definitely going to throw 2-3 TDs on your revamped secondary.

As we near the actual kickoff, my gut tells me this will be a Packers team behaving much more like they did against Houston last season on national TV. If Burnett has a great game, this one is going to end in disappointment for 9ers fans. But that's a huge if...

Good luck! Hope the refs are on their A-game.

What i got from this post is "We might have one guy that can beat you" Um..we have like 5 guys that can beat you just on offense alone. and probably 3 or 4 on defense
  • kray28
  • Veteran
ESPN unanimously picks the Niners over the Pack.
Originally posted by kray28:
ESPN unanimously picks the Niners over the Pack.

Kiss of death. We're done.
LOL. Just saw the Jim harbaugh visa commercial, where he's yelling at the peewee football team. Comedy.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
lol yeah that commercial was funny

Only ONE GUY from CBS/ESPN picked the Niners to go to the Super Bowl (Boomer); Keyshawn truly out of his god damn mind when he picked the Chiefs to go there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Only ONE GUY from CBS/ESPN picked the Niners to go to the Super Bowl (Boomer); Keyshawn truly out of his god damn mind when he picked the Chiefs to go there
lets get t the playoffs before we start this stuff please
Originally posted by BarkingPumpkin: Love this forum. Packers fan here. Earlier this week I picked SF to win, 34-27. Mostly due to some hammy injuries in 3 starters on D. If Burnett can't finish the game, Davis will kill us up the seam. Though Packers fans can only speculate since we weren't shown anything to date, Mike Neal seems to have been annointed this game's "secret weapon" on D. If you hear his name during the game it means bad news for the 9ers. We're missing a ballhawk this week, Hayward, but his replacement, Hyde, is going to be something special, only a rookie now. If his name comes up, it will also be bad for the 9ers. Even the #1 pick this year, Datone Jones, isn't 100% so tough to see how he contributes vs a stellar O-line. Gotta love a bunch of #1 draft picks making up an O-line! I have no idea how RB Lacy will shakeout, for our O-line only looked good vs the Rams this preseason. I think the coaches are very impressed, so he could be a difference maker today on 3-5 big runs (while all the others he makes will likely be 3 yards and a pile of dust). Rodgers will definitely get hit a bunch, but he's definitely going to throw 2-3 TDs on your revamped secondary. As we near the actual kickoff, my gut tells me this will be a Packers team behaving much more like they did against Houston last season on national TV. If Burnett has a great game, this one is going to end in disappointment for 9ers fans. But that's a huge if... Good luck! Hope the refs are on their A-game.

9ers fan:
What i got from this post is "We might have one guy that can beat you" Um..we have like 5 guys that can beat you just on offense alone. and probably 3 or 4 on defense
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174109-san-francisco-49ers-green-bay-packers-gameday-thread/page65/#jZ5IRpPwszpLRv8k.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just sharing insight most would miss (it's a cliff notes version of the little known difference makers from my vantage -- believe me I soak up way too much Packers info). I'm sure most of the fans here appreciate it. I'm not one to smack talk (I gave up the 'roids years ago ;o)..., but I am known to beat on my chest now and again. You would want to know why things went to hell in a handbasket in advance, right ??? ;o) Like I said, big IFs. Besides, who likes unwelcome surprises on game day?
[ Edited by BarkingPumpkin on Sep 9, 2013 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by BarkingPumpkin:
Just sharing insight most would miss (it's a cliff notes version of the little known difference makers from my vantage -- believe me I soak up way too much Packers info). I'm sure most of the fans here appreciate it. I'm not one to smack talk (I gave up the 'roids years ago ;o)..., but I am known to beat on my chest now and again. You would want to know why things went to hell in a handbasket in advance, right ??? ;o) Like I said, big IFs. Besides, who likes unwelcome surprises on game day?

Whoops thought this was NFL talk
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Sep 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone