There are 164 users in the forums

#2 RB

Shop Find 49ers gear online

#2 RB

Assuming both are 100%, and assuming they're in the game to RUN or go for a pass. They're not in to pass block.
I like Hunter a lot when healthy, but I think I'd rather see James back there.

Also kinda surprised James didn't get more returns against the Broncos. Get that man game situation reps in the swirling winds of Candlestick dammit.
Hunter

but still sprinkle in a little James once in a while
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Hunter is better, but in general I still prefer the more aggressive and faster backs. If we didn't pick AJ Jenkins, I would have picked David Wilson.
Last two game for james = two fumbles.

I don't think james is going to be used as a RB a lot with a healthy hunter. I think james gets used/ spread out a lot as a wr
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd say Hunter without a doubt. James can handle PR and KR jobs.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Last two game for james = two fumbles.

I don't think james is going to be used as a RB a lot with a healthy hunter. I think james gets used/ spread out a lot as a wr

Seriously, I think LMJ is a bit overrated. He is an OK RB, but nothing special, not particularly quick and lacks power. His kick return skills is also very limited apart from that single return in last season's game against the Pats. After the Broncos game, I think Perish Cox could easily be better than him in KR and PR. Like I said, in that draft class, personally I would have gone for David Wilson.
Hunter is a quality #2. LMJ is still learning other aspects of the game right now.
Barlow
I want to see Hunter in an actual game before I deem him the back-up
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Barlow

IMO, not even close, Hunter by a landslide.
It is pretty obvious Dixon should be the #2 RB. He may even push for the number one spot by seasons end. Did you see him running against Denver's 4th string? He looked like the 2nd coming of AP.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Hunter is a quality #2. LMJ is still learning other aspects of the game right now.

Hunter is good enough to be a Number 1 on most teams. Hunter is key as we transition from Gore/Hunter to Hunter/Lattimore. LMJ type RB's sprinkled in, is the icing.
[ Edited by 60sFan on Aug 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Seriously, I think LMJ is a bit overrated. He is an OK RB, but nothing special, not particularly quick and lacks power. His kick return skills is also very limited apart from that single return in last season's game against the Pats. After the Broncos game, I think Perish Cox could easily be better than him in KR and PR. Like I said, in that draft class, personally I would have gone for David Wilson.

What is your take on Hunter?

Sorry, I missed the part about Hunter in your prior post.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
It'll be Hunter. LMJ will get plenty of touches though. I bet he busts off some long ass TD runs this season. He's come really close a bunch of times already.
Share 49ersWebzone