There are 297 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
The People that Say GO ALEX make 49er Fans look Bad Aka Bandwagon

this lol

but Alex looks efficient. 7/8. And the incompletion was a throw away after the play broke down and he had to scramble. We'll see how he does vs. us
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
The People that Say GO ALEX make 49er Fans look Bad Aka Bandwagon

this lol

but Alex looks efficient. 7/8. And the incompletion was a throw away after the play broke down and he had to scramble. We'll see how he does vs. us

Guys....there's a real Chiefs/49ers game coming up next year.

Based on recent schedules, looks like Smith will play against the 49ers in the new stadium. I can see SNF/MNF on this one...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How long before this thread gets blocked

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
-Daniels get a half quarter to quarter at QB (unless we are hiding him for next year)

I was curious to why he didn't receive any snaps at QB yesterday, and then came out as a KR, I was like, whut?

there are reports he has several suitors if he is released.

Yeah teams would likely pick him up. He's got a chance to make this team as well since he can do kickoffs, punts, tailback, wr, qb... he might be too versatile to cut and also Tolzien and McCoy are FAs after this year so unlikely we would bring both of them back so he would have a shot at 2nd/3rd qb next year. Going to be hard to cut him but with such a deep roster not sure there is room for him. Could always put him on PUP if he gets a hang nail.

I think they need to take a long hard look at him as back up QB. His skill set is closest to Kap of the three and The Tolzien/ McCoy combo isn't all that thrilling. Might as well have a kid who can add something to the team in other places if he is a serviceable back up.
  • THEB
  • Veteran

Alex being the same old efficient, accurate, methodical Alex i know and love. I hope he does very well for himself in KC.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How long before this thread gets blocked

Man would hope not. Kaep leads us to a TD, Alex leads them to a TD both then sit down and the final score does not concern them. All are happy and we can talk about who is going to be our starting WR, Safety's, and see improvement out of our second team OL are my hopes. Alex then can go make sure he beats every NFC team he plays to help us with playoff position and get them to 8 wins and an improved draft pick for us.
[ Edited by dwett on Aug 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM ]
KC fans have to be happy....clearly the Cassel lead version of that offense didn't move the ball like that....of course the Walrus does know how to design a good game plan...just don't ask him to manage a clock.
That's Alex Smith playing like himself. Chiefs should be decent enough to win 8.
Originally posted by niners94:
That's Alex Smith playing like himself. Chiefs should be decent enough to win 8.

I lol'd when he ran out of bounds

• dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
KC fans have to be happy....clearly the Cassel lead version of that offense didn't move the ball like that....of course the Walrus does know how to design a good game plan...just don't ask him to manage a clock.

Well the idea that Smith and Cassel are on the same level is not right. They may have similar arm strengths but Smith at this point in his career has way more control of the offense and makes quicker and smarter decisions. That alone despite the lack of big plays will improve KC.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

I lol'd when he ran out of bounds

That's an Alex move.

If AS plays like himself ...then chief better pray for defense and special teams
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If AS plays like himself ...then chief better pray for defense and special teams

Nah...the chiefs have pieces. Some good ball players there...just badly coached for years. Sound familiar?

Alex just needs to get the ball out and let the guys like Bowe and Charles run with it. Their D has some talent too...check out the AFC pro bowl roster from last year.

Ditto.
Share 49ersWebzone