There are 236 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like our kicker so far at least.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was surprised how much Fangio blitzed tonight but I liked it.

Our defense is going to embarrass teams this year.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Finally won a game. Just.

Good thing we won because it's not like preseason standings are meaningless or anything

b******t Preseason win = Super Bowl
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
So can someone share the short story with the game? I don't have TV where I'm at.

Backup oline looked like s**t again, McCoy nd Tolzien looked like s**t, defense was strong again, and BJ Daniels is the webzones new sweetheart..... The End,

Daniels proved he could be the third QB, don't exaggerate everything.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I miss colin jones and blake contanzo

Yup, those are two guys I wish we woulda held on to. ST's still lookin like ass.
Daniels proved he could be the third QB, don't exaggerate everything.

exaggeration on the webzone, never
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
If he plays good next week I will consider naming my pe nis BJ Daniels.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I think Daniel's needs to come in early in game 3, he looked much better than McCoy & Tolzien by far. He should at least be the 3rd QB for sure w/o a doubt.

No way due they make a raw 7th round rookie the backup QB, but he should be a lock at #3 QB, so much potential and talent, tremendous athleticism, Harbaugh can definitely work with that.

But, go with your eye test man. If you are good you are good, don't just look at "7th round". Watch his highlights and how he did today. If a dude can play, he can play right away and improve with more game time. Besides, you have start at some point. If we didn't put Kap in after Alex went down, how did we know he could turn out to be such a stud ?

Going forward, I wouldn't be surprised and indeed should if Harbaugh gives BJ more reps in the next 2 games to see more and help build his confidence.
I think Tolzien ends up getting cut

so McCoy as #2 and Daniels #3
Originally posted by Hopper:
I was surprised how much Fangio blitzed tonight but I liked it.

Wish he would do a little more in the regular season but we will see how well the pass rush does without it. There are many times we aren't getting a pass rush and he still doesn't blitz.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol, poor alex. actually, poor KC fans. n/m, fk em. lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

That's the big question. Between McCoy and Tolzien, who has played better so far ? That's a tough one cos both have been equally crap.
Lol it's funny how people are happy about "finally" winning a preseason game haha. Anyways, the two backup QBs suck big time, Daniels could jump to 2nd string if he does good next two games. Next game I want to see Keap scoring though with no field goals and punts. I want a nice TD drive by him and the first sting offense.
Originally posted by Rascal:

That's the big question. Between McCoy and Tolzien, who has played better so far ? That's a tough one cos both have been equally crap.

I think we keep McCoy based on the fact he has regular season starts under his belt and that we traded for him. He showed some improv running for some first downs, though him and Tolzien looked bad.
Share 49ersWebzone