LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

2013 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Game 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
Way too many penalties, again, for a team that is supposed to be so well coached.

Definitely played sloppy at times, especially the offense and ST's. I'll be looking to see that cleaned up next game. The penalties can be real drive killers on O.
Don't forget about Phil Dawson. He twice hit from 55 yards.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by xcfan:
did patton get in the game?

pretty sure he didnt, maybe game 3 or 4. finger was busted and the other one was sprained like 16ish days ago. probably wont push it and wreck it further..

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
didn't dress

He dressed and was cleared to catch with 2 hands.
Originally posted by natrone06:
He dressed and was cleared to catch with 2 hands.

no he didn't
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Well, we aren't a good preseason team

remember in 2010 when we went 4-0 in exhibition? then proceeded to start off the regular season 0-7 or something like that (got dingleberry fired).....it's not all about getting the W but getting your reserves reps and experience against someone other than teammates and evaluating performance
Originally posted by Rascal:
I think Tolzien ends up getting cut

so McCoy as #2 and Daniels #3

That's the big question. Between McCoy and Tolzien, who has played better so far ? That's a tough one cos both have been equally crap.

I think we keep McCoy based on the fact he has regular season starts under his belt and that we traded for him. He showed some improv running for some first downs, though him and Tolzien looked bad.

If both are equally crappy, why keep the guy with the larger salary? If Kap goes down, we are screwed either way.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
For game 3 I want to see:

-Daniels get a quarter or more
-Collie, Moore, Lockette and Jacobs with the 1st string offense at some point. (especially collie)
-I want to see less Osgood. just not a part of our future
-If Hunter is ready to go I'd like him to get a few carries
-Get Jenkins in the game, we sent him on reverses 5 times in 2 games and every time went up the middle. GIVE HIM 1! Bubble screen, quick pass something!
-Give Cox more punt and kick returns against their #1 team. Why so set on James who hasn't done anything?

Also, did Moore even play? Not sure he is even PS eligible and if he is a lock to make the roster what benefit do we have by not giving him reps in games?

I am pretty sure Moore is a lock, they even sent him up to the press podium for an interview. I think they still aren't sure with the rest. There are names that people just assume will be cut cos they have been low profile such as Jacobs, but I think he can play, they just need to see more overall from the rest.
  • dj43
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by dj43:
Way too many penalties, again, for a team that is supposed to be so well coached.

Definitely played sloppy at times, especially the offense and ST's. I'll be looking to see that cleaned up next game. The penalties can be real drive killers on O.
This team has one of the most penalized teams in the league each of the last two years. To start off with so many penalties, even though it is still PS, is not a good omen.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I am pretty sure Moore is a lock, they even sent him up to the press podium for an interview. I think they still aren't sure with the rest. There are names that people just assume will be cut cos they have been low profile such as Jacobs, but I think he can play, they just need to see more overall from the rest.

Boldin, Wiiliams, Moore, Patton, Collie, Jenkins?

That's my bet
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

remember in 2010 when we went 4-0 in exhibition? then proceeded to start off the regular season 0-7 or something like that (got dingleberry fired).....it's not all about getting the W but getting your reserves reps and experience against someone other than teammates and evaluating performance

lol, I totally agree... Essentially some of our backups look good, but most don't. We obviously aren't calling to rigorous of plays for our #1. Still would have liked to see Kaep connect for that TD... oh well... it's preseason

So let's say Moore is lighting up practice so much that they aren't giving him many reps in a game because he is a lock. I just don't see the purpose of that as the guy doesn't have much game experience at WR. If we know he is going to make the team no need to hide him. You could be right though right now seems like Moore, Hall or Collie have the best shot to get the 1 or 2 spots. Seems like Lockette is slipping.

and side note Dawson with 55, 55, 42 and last game 32, 38. Missed 44 I believe so is 5/6. And not that it matters since it's pre season but if he doesn't make those 2 55 yarders we lose.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM ]
lol, I totally agree... Essentially some of our backups look good, but most don't. We obviously aren't calling to rigorous of plays for our #1. Still would have liked to see Kaep connect for that TD... oh well... it's preseason

Yeah, blue balls after that overthrow by Kap. No completion.
our worst concern after tonight is Special teams...

would you rather be a good preseason team and go 4-0 like we did in the 2010 season under DIngleberry and then start out 0-6?
Originally posted by defenderDX:
our worst concern after tonight is Special teams...

That's my only concern, really.
Share 49ersWebzone