LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

CB Chris Culliver went down with left knee injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Hopefully it's not bad... I'm okay with getting the MINOR injury bug out of the way a month before the season rather than a month before playoffs.

It's bad. He had to be carted off and was crying.

Well...there is bad and then there is bad...until he has an MRI and all that, there is no way to tell if this is pre-season over, start season on IR or shut it down till next year.
my god wtf is up with all these injuries lately, the season hasn't even started yet...
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
f**k!

at least we have depth at the position.
+1
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Hopefully it's not bad... I'm okay with getting the MINOR injury bug out of the way a month before the season rather than a month before playoffs.

It's bad. He had to be carted off and was crying.

Well...there is bad and then there is bad...until he has an MRI and all that, there is no way to tell if this is pre-season over, start season on IR or shut it down till next year.

It has to be atleast ACL. You can walk on a bad MCL and even minor ACL, but we can wait to see what they say, we still all know it is bad and season ending.
I'll be surprised if this is a minor injury. GMs don't usually put their arms around a player for a sprain. Crap!
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
down goes cully
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
my god wtf is up with all these injuries lately, the season hasn't even started yet...

all these pansies sit around all summer then expect to just jump right back into action.
Fukking injury bug
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Hate to be the one to say it but somewhere Carlos Rogers and Tarrell Brown are smiling a bit.

Why Brown? He is a FA and our best CB. Rogers is getting cut next year.

Exactly! If the Niners were willing to let Brown walk because they deemed Culliver as his replacement then Brown could be looking at a long term deal sooner rather then later. As for Rogers he was looked at as possible salary dump but not now!!
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 29s #49ers GM Trent Baalke put his arm around emotional CB Chris Culliver before he was carted off field.

We should have put our arm around an emotional Cully during Super Bowl week instead of making him feel like sh!t though what he said was awful and we might be champions right now. I mean they really reamed him that week when his focus should have been on football

When a guy like Michael Crabtree can just walk onto a football field with only two weeks of preparation, and play well, it makes you question the point of training camp.

In a way, I am glad Willis hurt his hand, that takes him off the field and puts him on the bike, where he is safe from a worse injury.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Hate to be the one to say it but somewhere Carlos Rogers and Tarrell Brown are smiling a bit.

Why Brown? He is a FA and our best CB. Rogers is getting cut next year.

Exactly! If the Niners were willing to let Brown walk because they deemed Culliver as his replacement then Brown could be looking at a long term deal sooner rather then later. As for Rogers he was looked at as possible salary dump but not now!!

The Niners still won't pay him, they have other guys that they would rather pay. Brown isn't coming back unless he takes a discount.
f**k! This is a big one.

Time to lock up Brown. We need him long term.
I just want to stop practice till week 1 and forfeit the preseason games
Share 49ersWebzone