There are 129 users in the forums

Could Crabtree be looking for Mike Williams money next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed WR Mike Williams to a six year deal worth $40 million. His number last year were very comparable to Michael Crabtree's. Just don't see the Niners having the cap space to make this deal happen. Thoughts?
  • buck
  • Veteran
This merits a new thread? ,.

edit: given the response, it apparently does. excuse me.
[ Edited by buck on Jul 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No way. I think he probably has his eyes set on something higher. I would say minimum $8 mil a year, probably between $8-10 mil. Now, whether he will get it from us or not, that is another issue. Much will depend on when he can come back and whether he can perform at a high level right away especially in the playoffs. His injury may give us a little more bargaining power.But, if there is decent demand for him in the open market, he will be gone. No matter what happens, I think we should still draft a WR high next year.
In my opinion he's gonna want more than that
NOOOOOOBODY KNOOOOOOOOOOWS......
Originally posted by lamontb:
In my opinion he's gonna want more than that

he'll get more than that if he wants, but probably from another team
Mike Wallace got 12 mill per year, I'm pretty sure Crabtree can easily get 10 per year
Plenty good, but not indispensable. Let em walk... Focus resources on Aldon and presumably Kaep after the season.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Plenty good, but not indispensable. Let em walk... Focus resources on Aldon and presumably Kaep after the season.

Ditto
You can always count on the Redskins overpaying for a 49ers widereceiver. Especially a previously injured one. Crabtree will be the Josh Morgan of 2014
Crabtree will be looking for 10-12 million a year

With him missing a good portion of the upcoming season I think 10-12 mil a year is a reach. Especially with only one year of good production.
He has already said he is going to play for free.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think the injury will force Crabtree to walk. Crabtree has only had one 1k season, plus he has had a fair number of injuries. That will cause the 49ers to value him less. Crabtree will probably look at this 1k season as the floor and that he will achieve even greater numbers in the future (plus never get injured). I see the 2 sides starting very far apart in numbers, and not able to come together.
Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Ditto

As well. Career is too marred by injury to empty the bank.
Originally posted by fryet:
I think the injury will force Crabtree to walk. Crabtree has only had one 1k season, plus he has had a fair number of injuries. That will cause the 49ers to value him less. Crabtree will probably look at this 1k season as the floor and that he will achieve even greater numbers in the future (plus never get injured). I see the 2 sides starting very far apart in numbers, and not able to come together.
This!! I just don't see Crabs wanting to stay here without a huge contract. If he's smart he'll look at the Deshon Goldson example and make a fare deal. If not,
Share 49ersWebzone