LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 180 users in the forums

bold prediction for the upcoming season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Eric Reid will have 6 INTs while benefitting from a revamped pass rush which benefits from having a comfortable lead in the 3rd quarter.
I think dahl will start and be more than respectable, kind of like alex was last year, but reid will soon take over and be very very good. Thus we will have a great starter and a more than respectable backup on both spots
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
That is BOLD

I stopped when he compared gore to walker

Gore dropped so many easy passes out of the backfield last year. They aren't even close to as hard to catch as the ones that delanie dropped down field so yeah his hands are comparable to delanie's. I bet if you found the stat of runningback's drops, gore would either be at the top or close to it last year. That's what happens when you turn your head to look for contact before you catch and secure the ball.

Here it is

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Gore dropped 4 passes last year. Middle of the pack for RB's.

His 11% drop rate was the same as Doug Martin, Reggie Bush and Arian Foster, three backs that are labeled as great pass catching backs.
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
That is BOLD

Gore dropped so many easy passes out of the backfield last year. They aren't even close to as hard to catch as the ones that delanie dropped down field so yeah his hands are comparable to delanie's. I bet if you found the stat of runningback's drops, gore would either be at the top or close to it last year. That's what happens when you turn your head to look for contact before you catch and secure the ball.

Here it is

His 11% drop rate was the same as Doug Martin, Reggie Bush and Arian Foster, three backs that are labeled as great pass catching backs.

Walker dropped 8 passes, top 16 in the league, but his % is double and even triple the amount of the players with more drops ahead of him. If you sort by % of drops, you realize how BAD Walker was.

His 20.51% ranks him 15th worst in the league...HOWEVER!!!!! Nobody had more than 13 targets ahead of Walkers 39 targets. The next guy on the worst % list with the same amount or more targets? You have to look more than 30 spots later to find Kellen Davis 6 drops in 44 targets or 13.64%.

The more you look at it, the more you realize how bad Walker was last year with drops....

8 drops in 39 targets.....that is very very bad
So my bold prediction? Vance McD will outperform Delany Walker's 2012 numbers

22 Catches
345 yards
4 TD

I know I know, going on a limb there. Had to make the font bold to qualify.
[ Edited by DRUSTOPO on Jun 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
its fun to look at stats but gore is a winner. He makes the plays that puts us in a position to win games, his catch and run vs green bay was the spark we needed and we all know his long run put us in a position to win the super bowl had the coaches followed up. I know its cool to pick holes in a persons game but in my opinion gore is to be held at a different standard than most of the players on the team, let alone walker

I was just merely stating why I think vernon will lead the team in yards bro. I think gore is one heck of a player, but there's no doubt his hands are questionable. More so his concentration than his hands. I was only stating that he won't be a big factor as a receiver out of the backfield which is fine because that is what hunter and james are for. You mix that in with the fact that hunter and james will eat into gore's carries and that we will probably see more passing this season than we have for quite some time and I think that results in a dropoff in yards for frank. I also think vernon will benefit the most.
I have wanted Davis to get 1,000 yards since his rookie season he came close in 2009 and 2010 i hope this is the year he gets it. I cant even remember the last TE to get 1,000 yards for the Niners any one know?
Originally posted by Raul98:
I have wanted Davis to get 1,000 yards since his rookie season he came close in 2009 and 2010 i hope this is the year he gets it. I cant even remember the last TE to get 1,000 yards for the Niners any one know?

he probably would have gotten 1k if he doesn't short arm balls
Originally posted by Raul98:

That's a big mark for any TE. Brent Jones is considered one of the best TE's in 49ers history, he topped out at 747. Only getting over 700 twice.

Even in today's game its a tough number, here's the last 3 years =

2012 = only Witten - 1039
2011 = Gronk and Graham during their breakout 1300 a piece
2010 = only Witten - 1002

Forget the yards, Id rather have 10 TD than 1000 yards. VDs best year was 965 Yards and 13 TD, reaching that again would be simply amazing! Id take the 2010 stats of 914 Yards 7 TD in a heartbeat!
After a hard fought season, we end up 11-5 with the 5 seed and win the SB.

I just have a bad feeling that Seattle will figure it out in the ET zone on the road this season and win the division, claiming the 1 or 2 seed, but we'll prevail if we have to face them a 3rd time in the playoffs. As reference, I believe we either split or get swept by them this season, but we'll sweep the Rams, going 4-2 in the division, 7-3 outside of it.

Also, LMJ will have more total TDs than Gore
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jun 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Mcdonald will have more TD catches then Vernon Davis.

That is BOLD

Here it is

Walker dropped 8 passes, top 16 in the league, but his % is double and even triple the amount of the players with more drops ahead of him. If you sort by % of drops, you realize how BAD Walker was.

His 20.51% ranks him 15th worst in the league...HOWEVER!!!!! Nobody had more than 13 targets ahead of Walkers 39 targets. The next guy on the worst % list with the same amount or more targets? You have to look more than 30 spots later to find Kellen Davis 6 drops in 44 targets or 13.64%.

The more you look at it, the more you realize how bad Walker was last year with drops....

8 drops in 39 targets.....that is very very bad

No doubt that is very very bad but how about frank gore's 2011 stats where his drop rate was around the same as walker's this year. 17 receptions 6 drops on 31 targets with a 19.35% drop rate. That is very very bad as well. The thing is I wasn't trying to point out how bad of a pass catcher frank is because I don't think he is that bad, just saying it wasn't his strong suite and he won't be the featured back in our passing game. LMJ will probably be the man. I think the fact that we will have a more prolific passing game and more of a san diego charger 3 headed monster at rb will result in a drop of production in terms of yardage. Not saying that yardage is important, just stating my BOLD prediction.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Lord Tolzien passes for 5,000 yards and wins the Super Bowl MVP

i think it would be funny if jesus jr. did not make the roster. i think he is at the best right now the third stringer

He will beat out Colt for the #2 spot this preseason. Book it!
With 10:00 AM games against the Falcons, Colts, Giants and Texans, along with losses to the Saints, Niners and Rams at home, my bold prediction is that the Seahawks will suffer a series of setbacks this year, personality clashes will erupt, players will snipe and they'll end up at 9-7 not making the playoffs.
Originally posted by Beezy33:
After a hard fought season, we end up 11-5 with the 5 seed and win the SB.

I just have a bad feeling that Seattle will figure it out in the ET zone on the road this season and win the division, claiming the 1 or 2 seed, but we'll prevail if we have to face them a 3rd time in the playoffs. As reference, I believe we either split or get swept by them this season, but we'll sweep the Rams, going 4-2 in the division, 7-3 outside of it.

Also, LMJ will have more total TDs than Gore

That is a pretty bold prediction. I personally think Russel Wilson will have a sophomore slump this year and the seahawks will either limp into the playoffs at 8-8 or 9-7 or not make the playoffs at all. I think their defense will also regress. I really hope we don't have to play in their house during the playoffs..
Good news from camp is that Moore made some nice catches as well as AJ and Vance. I know not many think we have the talent at catching passes, but I think we go into the season with plenty of very good receivers...not just those playing WR, but all ball catchers.
Share 49ersWebzone