LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 191 users in the forums

What to do what to do with 2.2M in cap space?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 8749:
Sign Brandon Lloyd for 1yr 2.2 Mil

the plan to let the kids duke it out is the best plan. kyle will be ready for game one and mario will be ready sometime in the early third of the season, no need to do some idiot knee jerk reaction. the only way this changes if we get one of those guys hurt or jenkins indeed is a bust which, we will not know untill at least after pre season. It stuns me that everytime we have a injury or adversity, the clammer starts up for us to sign some x niner. miss lloyd was part of a rotten stench and there is no reason to go back down that road. sure that makes sense, we still have to sign two kids and you want to blow the whole wad on miss lloyd. how do you plan to sign and pay for our two rookies? write them an I.O.U? sheesh
With Reid and Lemonier still unsigned and that $2.2 mil all that's left under the cap, I really hope guys are kidding about Lloyd and TO. Please be kidding.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
With Reid and Lemonier still unsigned and that $2.2 mil all that's left under the cap, I really hope guys are kidding about Lloyd and TO. Please be kidding.

that was the first thought when i read that gibberish about blowing it all on lloyd good lord
Originally posted by cciowa:
that was the first thought when i read that gibberish about blowing it all on lloyd good lord

Hahahaha, oh yeah. I thought they were signed already. My mistake!
Sign the remaining draft picks and that's it for now till training camp.
The hookers and blow can wait........
I'm sure Lloyd would take less than 2.2 mil if we wanted to sign him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

you are fine,,, i am the king of mistakes,, i thought it was ok to give erickson a second year, i thought we should have signed david boston,, i did not think we would make playoffs last year when the team was struggling at times late in the year, the list goes on and one,,, but i was not wrong about them f**king it up on second and goal from the five
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:
I'm sure Lloyd would take less than 2.2 mil if we wanted to sign him.

but we do not want to sign him , like woodson, otherwise it would already be done. the only way it changes is if someone gets hurt or someone like jenkins goes down the toilet
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

That's about it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

That's about it.
am kind of thinking we also need to save a little bit in case we have some injuries and have to do some pre season emergency moves?

Getting the two rookies who aren't signed yet under contract

you are fine,,, i am the king of mistakes,, i thought it was ok to give erickson a second year, i thought we should have signed david boston,, i did not think we would make playoffs last year when the team was struggling at times late in the year, the list goes on and one,,, but i was not wrong about them f**king it up on second and goal from the five

Don't worry, I thought Mike Rumph was going to be an All-Pro and I TOO wanted David Boston.

But..but.... I just got my silk shirt, angel flight pants and gold chains out of mothballs! I thought we were doing hookers and blow.....?
Don't worry, I thought Mike Rumph was going to be an All-Pro and I TOO wanted David Boston.

It wasn't silly to be optimistic about Mike Rumph. 6'2", 205 lbs and a 40 time in the 4.4's??!! Come on. He should have been real good. Mike Rumph just shows that you can never tell ahead of time how it's going to turn out in the NFL. You can be cautiously optimistic and that's about it.
1.5 Mil for Reid, 700k for Lemonier.
Share 49ersWebzone