There are 223 users in the forums

Solution(s) to losing Crabs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Thank you. Here's some perspective: anyone around here remember 1997? First game of the regular season, the Niners lose Jerry Rice, not just a stud receiver, the greatest ever. They went on to post a 13-3 record and got to the NFC Championship game (yes, they lost to Green Bay, but this team has a better defense, a better O-line, and a better running game).

Caveat: the 97 team had a better (or weaker) division back then to automatically get 6 wins from....iirc, only the frikkin panthers were any competition...dirty birds, lambs and aints were still a joke that year...upon further research the only losses were to Bucs wk 1, the chiefs in KC (of course) and the finale in Seattle (meaningless, starters were pulled to rest for the playoffs) so the Niners swept a weak division that year
Originally posted by boast:
where is all this depth at WR talk coming from?

Boldin
KWill
Ham (injured)

and a lot dudes who have never had a quality reception in the NFL.

what depth?

yeah we don't have any depth

crabtree was supposed to move the chains and then Kaep attacks with Boldin in the Red Zone

Boldin
KWill
Ham (injured)

what depth?

Not cool...McDonald played slot in college
Originally posted by Baldie:
I think we'll be fine. We finally have depth at WR this year not to mention we'll be getting Williams and Manningham back as well. We are a run first team with beasts at RB (Gore, Hunter, LMJ). We just drafted a BIG TE to compliment Davis. We have major depth at WR while adding Boldin.is Ricardo Lockette some praise, I'm hoping he can contribute. Isn't he built like TO and has speed? I know he's been on the practice squad for some years so never really had a chance, until maybe now.

Boldin
KWill
Ham (injured)

what depth?
Even a shallow lake has depth... just not very much. LOL.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by socalniner:
do we even have cap to sign anyone? kinda have to roll with what we got

This! We have very little $$ left. Gotta hope that Anquan can produce like a #1 again.

The kind of money you need to sign a guy off the street at this point?

We could find in a couple of restructures if need be...no matter who would be its a one year deal for a couple million at best. Its not just about quality, We also have to consider the numbers here....will we have enough bodies to get through the season?
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Even a shallow lake has depth... just not very much. LOL.

Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Laurent Robinson might be worth a look. He's battled injuries/concussions, but when healthy, is a proven playmaker. He'd probably be cheap too which is ideal for us right now since we don't have much cap space. Not sure if there are many other legit vet options out there.

I wouldn't add anybody. I would put Lockette on the 53. Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, Patton and Lockette.

They wouldn't have to guarantee any of his salary at this point. He would be brought in to compete in camp, and if he beats out some of the younger guys, so be it. If the younger guys beat him out, they're better players for it having earned the spot. There's ZERO downside to bringing in a veteran at this point.

Yeah he might be better now, but I don't want him taking a spot from a young guy who could develop into something special. We already know Laurent is just alright at best.

I think the club is smart enough to not release any of the young WRs with real talent/upside over a veteran stop-gap WR. Plus, you don't lose a man and not replace his roster spot...that's just not how it works. Doesn't mean the replacement will make the final 53 (if they do, it's because the REALLY earned it) and you have no long-term obligation to that player, but you have to at least replace the injured person in OTAs/training camp/pre-season games. Body for body in the NFL, unfortunately.
Originally posted by Amir:
ricardo lockette bro.

Exactly HOW many NFL catches has he made... 2?... or is it 3?
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Love Crabtree but dude is not the whole offense. Boldin, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins, and Patton is a strong core. Not to mention we still have Davis and a stable of RB's that can catch the ball out of the back field. Not even worried.

This
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
trade for DHB...lol.

Someone actually signed him? Lol

Indy

Very sorry to hear. We felt the same way when we lost Clemons before the Falcons game. He was our unheralded player on defense and I felt possible co most valuable player. I hope he recovers and can play again this year. Best of luck to Crabtree!!
Personally, I think this may end up benefiting us in the long run. I feel terrible for MC. Guns up baby!!!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by onanygivensunday49:
Originally posted by Amir:
ricardo lockette bro.

Exactly HOW many NFL catches has he made... 2?... or is it 3?

you can't be serious. dude is gonna better than Calvin Johnson this year.

do you even watch football?
So tired of hearing about Ricardo "practice squad" Lockette like he is already a pro....he doesnt represent anything but a prayer. You have to start the season with more than one healthy reciever who has caught an NFL pass. And before you say it William might be ready to go, but he wont be 100%.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Assassinate Russell Wilson

/thread

Share 49ersWebzone