LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Levi Strauss sounds better than Levi's Strauss.
Levi Stadium sounds better than Levi's Stadium.

For now it's officially "Levi's Stadium". Which is awkward, because no one is going to pronounce "Levi's" *pause* "Stadium". When people say the name, it will sound like they are saying, "Levi Stadium", so why not just call it "Levi Stadium"?

because levi is just someones name where as Levis is a trademarked brand name owned by Levi Strauss Company.

It's because they have the trademark for "Levi's" and not "Levi", I know, but it would be nice if they could somehow make it "Levi".
Not a huge deal. It's just that it is preferable to avoid awkward stuff like that; because nobody is going to say, "Levi's" *pause* "Stadium".
"Levi's Center", "Levi's Dome", "Levi's Arena", those are all easy to say, because there is no double "s".

Whatever. I like it. "Levi's Stadium" is cool.

LOL at all the Levi/ Levi's talk. It's really not that hard to say Levi's Stadium without a pause. The S just rolls longer if you know how to speak English! LOL
I think it is the perfect sponsor for the niners. Levis were worn by the first niners so you cant ask for a better sponsor
Originally posted by Handlesit:
The red zone will be called "The Red Tab Zone"
Good try but.......
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I think it is the perfect sponsor for the niners. Levis were worn by the first niners so you cant ask for a better sponsor
I didn't know that the first niners wore Levis uniforms! You silly wabbit!
Originally posted by matthewabbit:

LOL...no they weren't, people need to stop with that goofy nonsense.

Gold rush was from late 1840's to mid 1850's...........Levi Strauss opened up shop in 1873.

Having grown up in Tiburon, for some reason they seemed to really want to make sure we were on point with all of our Gold Rush stuff. Took regular field trips to Angels Camp, Sutters Mill....Placerville..Downieville...etc. That's the s**t you can do when you go to public school in a town where the propety taxes collected are higher than the GDP's of some small nations.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm good with it, don't see why the complaining?

it doesn't sound intimidating....like Quest Field, or Oracle Area, or Gillette Stadium....orr...Soldier Field...

sorry, those bolded are names I simply don't find "intimidating"

Nevermind that Quest is now called Century Link Field anyway which is even less intimidating. As far as the stadium goes, I think Levi Strauss Stadium would have rolled off of the tounge better, but there are probably more people who know the brand and not the founder, at least nationally anyway. Either way I can get used to it. They definitely could have done a lot worse.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on May 8, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Nevermind that Quest is now called Century Link Field anyway which is even less intimidating

I was going to say......"they" refer to it as "the CLink."
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Harbaugh got all dressed up for the event I see.

He had to wear a pair of Levi's!!! Therefore no khakis, no black 49er sweatshirt. I think this is the first time I've seen him without his normal fit! Lol

lol at Trent striking a pose.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash98:
It's the off-season, bro. People complain about everything and have their panties in a bunch cuz' there is no game played. It's freaking hilarious, if you ask me.

PANTS PARK!

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Nevermind that Quest is now called Century Link Field anyway which is even less intimidating

I was going to say......"they" refer to it as "the CLink."

lol good one.

He had to wear a pair of Levi's!!! Therefore no khakis, no black 49er sweatshirt. I think this is the first time I've seen him without his normal fit! Lol

He could have worn Dockers. Its still supporting the company.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

He could have worn Dockers. Its still supporting the company.

True! But would have been hard to recognize compared to a good ol' pair of blue jeans.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Harbaugh got all dressed up for the event I see.

Is Harbaugh wearing angel wings like the Victoria Secrets models?
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Also acceptable! Good thread people!! Laughs a-plenty in here. I know Levi's jeans aren't exactly setting the world on fire today but dang I really don't get all the negative comments. I've enjoyed reading all of them although to me it doesn't really matter what they call the stadium. I would however like to see the field named something else. Like Bill Walsh field!!! Not sure if thats still a possibility but I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.

I keep trying to read your response but my eyes will not track downwards.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Who the f**k cares what the name is?

Nobody really. Honestly if Burt's bees wax sponsored it I wouldnt care.

I'm just happy the stadium found someone for naming rights, unlike the dallas monstrosity.

In the end, it's all about the money.
Share 49ersWebzone