LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

POLL: Grade The 49ers' 2013 Draft

Originally posted by frozen49er:
Originally posted by BayArea:
lol

Come on though being the superbowl runner ups we had a pretty sweet draft. Considering our GM made the board look like his b***h and got who he wanted.

In the press conferances coming up, every team got exactly who they wanted where they wanted. Just once, I'd like to see a GM come out and say, well, that sucked, see what happens I guess...... Dallas would make sense for this after that first rounder.

Yeah I know what you mean and lol @ Dallas. The only thing that made me confident we got who we wanted was that we traded up to grab players nobody else seemed to give attention to. From my point of view they probably had about 5 players at each draft spot they wanted and if they could they would sacrifice who they wanted later on to get their early first choices. If any of that makes sense... lol I know that was wordy as hell.
My initital take is a b-.

Like Reid. Could be a real contributor/

Carradine a gamble but could help for 12-24 months before health concerns resurface. If he muscles up 15 pounds.

Everything else is a head scratcher.

Don't understand trading up for Vance at all. We have 3 TE's on the roster already.

This was a luxury pick when we have a desperate need for DLine depth.

Where is Soap's 2-3 down replacement? We need beef to stand up to the season long pounding that turned the best defense in 2011 to a mediocre defense for the last 4 weeks of 2012.

We passed on Logan (309), Jenkins (346), JWIlliams (324), BWilliams (335)....wha....? We thinking a 290 pounder is going to be a 2-3 down player for 16 weeks in the NFL?

Who is going to spell Aldon/Brooks? If Justin is gimpy again who is going to spell him?

I see a major hole that wasn't filled in too well.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Carradine a gamble but could help for 12-24 months before health concerns resurface. If he muscles up 15 pounds.

Don't understand trading up for Vance at all. We have 3 TE's on the roster already.

Where is Soap's 2-3 down replacement? We need beef to stand up to the season long pounding that turned the best defense in 2011 to a mediocre defense for the last 4 weeks of 2012.

We passed on Logan (309), Jenkins (346), JWIlliams (324), BWilliams (335)....wha....? We thinking a 290 pounder is going to be a 2-3 down player for 16 weeks in the NFL?

Who is going to spell Aldon/Brooks? If Justin is gimpy again who is going to spell him?

Who is going to spell Aldon and Brooks? Why do you think they drafted Corey Lemonier?

Who will spell Justin... they drafted TWO DEs in Tank and Dial. Not sure what more they can do there.

3 TEs.. yes but only 1 worth a damn. McDonald can be special and the Niners need 2 very good TEs in an offense where they use 2 most of the time.

I think the Niners hit a homerun in the first 4 rounds of this draft. I wish they had traded up with all of those late rd picks to get Jesse Williams but overall this was a very strong draft.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I agree about vance complete head scratcher imo but D-Line depth is not a concern. Did you forget about dorsey. We got plenty of D-Line guys right now after over drafting the position.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Who is going to spell Aldon and Brooks? Why do you think they drafted Corey Lemonier?

Who will spell Justin... they drafted TWO DEs in Tank and Dial. Not sure what more they can do there.

3 TEs.. yes but only 1 worth a damn. McDonald can be special and the Niners need 2 very good TEs in an offense where they use 2 most of the time.

My sentiments exactly. I'll also add that Dorsey was brought in to take over for Soap. We've addressed all our needs and then some this off-season. This is a better, deeper roster than last years team. By far.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

My sentiments exactly. I'll also add that Dorsey was brought in to take over for Soap. We've addressed all our needs and then some this off-season. This is a better, deeper roster than last years team. By far.

As long as one of the tighties can block it will be a nice fit. How often was our #2 TE called on to make a meaningful play intead of Davis? Hopefully we got a good special teams guy with better hands than Walker. If so we got an upgrade in my opinion.
A

I think we knocked this out of the park. Could look like our 2007, 2010 or 2011 draft when we get done, maybe even better. Plus we get a 3rd rounder from the titans next year which should be early to mid 3rd round. We addressed all our needs. Got great values, up until Dial everyone we took to not just me but some of the experts had 1-2 round grades. Wasn't really happy with 2012 draft, thought it was solid (also picked up a 3rd the following year) but this draft to me kicks the crap out of that one. We had more picks to start but honestly think we had one of the best drafts. Baalke worked the draft as good as Belicheck in his prime (I think he has fallen off some these past few yrs draft wise). He traded down when he felt the guy they wanted at a certain pick would be available at spot they ended up at. And he took those picks he got from trading down (in past years) and used them to move up 5-10 spots when he felt a guy they really wanted could be gone by there pick. 4 trades in the 1st 2 days. Half our picks he's playing with other team's picks... house money... working the draft, selecting a player, getting future picks.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM ]
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
If this isn't an A draft, I don't know what is.

-Filled all of our needs with talented, productive players with plenty of upside.
-Got great value. Each pick made sense.
-Traded up and down to get the guys we wanted.
-Acquired additional picks for 2014

Great job by the front office.
Do you know what picks we got for next year?
I give it an A+, I am that happy with it. In a very deep Safety class we got possibly the best one, got a few more guys to get after the passer on D, a versatile TE to replace Delanie and a possible steal of a WR in the 4th. Some might argue why trade up for a safety in such a deep class but I say F that noise, if you can grab the guy you think is going to be an all pro make it happen, especialy if you can fleece Dallas in the process!.

[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:29 PM ]
A+.

Originally posted by NONAME:
If this isn't an A draft, I don't know what is.

-Filled all of our needs with talented, productive players with plenty of upside.
-Got great value. Each pick made sense.
-Traded up and down to get the guys we wanted.
-Acquired additional picks for 2014

Great job by the front office.

We got an additional 3rd from the trade down with Tennessee. We also have a conditional 3rd that could become a 2nd from the Alex Smith trade. Then you factor in likely compensatory picks from losing Goldson, RJF, Walker, Sopoaga. We should be in a position of strength once again in the 2014 draft.
Originally posted by NONAME:

Only one I think is Titans 3rd... so far we have

1, 2, 2/3 alex, 3 titans, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 colin jones, 7

That's if we have no comp picks, I expect a 3 for Goldson.
I give us A- .. IMO wasted pick #131 could have took a OT earlier N a CB or another S earlier .. wasted QB pick .. didn't like tha TE we took think T.Kelce would have been GREAT for us...luv Reid pick can live with tank pick hopefully he can translate to a 3-4DE .. good value all around N we picked 11 players N got a pick for next yr...
Give it a B+ right now.

Got some guys that can contribute right away. Some guys will need to to heal and the value of pick can be determined then.

Yes tank and lattimore appear to be great picks, but it they don't heal (which they should/ will) then 49ers didn't do as well

I think the Niners hit a homerun in the first 4 rounds of this draft. I wish they had traded up with all of those late rd picks to get Jesse Williams but overall this was a very strong draft.

OK. Does Lemonier have the athleticism to play off the line? Why not get Moore? Higher rated and actually can play off the line.

Dorsey simply cannot be counted on for a full season in the middle. No way. So I was hoping they would platoon that position with a real heifer. But not really a thought about that. Why not Williams? He lasted til the 5th? We could have nabbed him.

I am not sure of the QB rationale in the 7th. I don't know anything about Dion.

I guess that with a real, proven problem of depth regarding the front seven -- what we have all been posting about for 3 months now -- , they would have expended higher rated picks to solve that problem.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Reid pick. But I thought that after Reid, they would have addressed the need for size.

We need bigger not just edge faster up front.

Not even thinking about TE. That's completely out of left field. Would we have won the super bowl with a better delanie walker? Wha...? Makes no sense right?

I would also go for a real cow rather than Lattimore. Great story and everything but realistically he won't help til 2014 if everything goes right. We could have waited for a later round to try that.

Not sure I see why a mystery QB pick either. I think we go for mystery CB picks. The focus is on D for this draft I was hoping.
Share 49ersWebzone